PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Beast Love Triangle (spoilers)

ChaosAngel92
Sep 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
Do you remember the story of the very first PSU?
Of course not, cause it was horrendous, and perhaps one of the many lacks of PSU back then.

But anyway, does someone ever remembers the story behind Tonnia, Liina (hmm, does her name was with double "ii" back then?) and Tylor?
If I am wrong, please someone bash me with a lock mod or something, but the few parts I can remember is that Liina was actual Tylor fiance?

At the end of Episode 4, if you talk with her, you see "jungle-horribly-dubbed-pubert-boy" asking Liina about her past life. She says that she was a pirate, and then she become Ms.Rhima.

Actually I think she tells you at the very beginning Toņo is her husband.
But it strikes me odd that no word from Tylor other than "he became Don, and that's it".
Could it be that it was done on purpose? Does SEGA forgot about their storyline on PSU? Did Liina stopped beign a pirate to marry cheat her swashbuckling romance? Or I am a complete idiot for pulling out this topic witch is probably wrong and nobody cares?

Have a good day.

Retniwreven
Sep 16, 2010, 11:46 PM
I always got the feeling that Liina more idolized Tylor than outright loved him.
That and she'd sometimes go out of her way to see how Tonnio was doing.

Tyreek
Sep 16, 2010, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't easily dismiss people not remembering the first story. If you check out my subplot video for Chapter 7 of PSU: AOTI, its gonna clear it all up for you.

Alexandria
Sep 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
There's a few weird inconsistencies. Like how Lumia went from little sister that wants to do a good job, to asshole in a matter of 3 years.

Tyreek
Sep 16, 2010, 11:51 PM
A lot can happen in 3 years you know.

Kazeshindo
Sep 16, 2010, 11:55 PM
There's a few weird inconsistencies. Like how Lumia went from little sister that wants to do a good job, to asshole in a matter of 3 years.

ok good, not going to lie, i thought it was just me that held that thought. they took her and turned her into an uptight twat...

with that out of my system, in PSU:AOTI Liina actually tells you that she realized she's not in love with Tylor at one point, that it was basically her rebellious faze and he took her in and watched over her while she went thru it. She also realized that he never had the same feelings back towards her, at the same time she realized that Tonnio cared about her whole-heartedly.

What I want to know is wtf happened with Ethan and Karen... that particular love story left much to be desired imho

Alexandria
Sep 16, 2010, 11:56 PM
A lot can happen in 3 years you know.

Her personality took a complete 180 though. Some serious shit musta went down when we weren't looking.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
ok good, not going to lie, i thought it was just me that held that thought. they took her and turned her into an uptight twat...

with that out of my system, in PSU:AOTI Liina actually tells you that she realized she's not in love with Tylor at one point, that it was basically her rebellious faze and he took her in and watched over her while she went thru it. She also realized that he never had the same feelings back towards her, at the same time she realized that Tonnio cared about her whole-heartedly.

What I want to know is wtf happened with Ethan and Karen... that particular love story left much to be desired imho

Thanks to you and everyone for solving my little doubt up there.

Yeah, It's also werid the story behind Karen and Ethan.
But Ethan deserves to burn in hell anyway, he achieved the title of "Worst Main Character" in the history of RPGS.

Tyreek
Sep 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
Well I can account that Laia's influence, plus the fact that she holds the Waber's name and being in Ethan's shadow, must've done something.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 17, 2010, 12:01 AM
Her personality took a complete 180 though. Some serious shit musta went down when we weren't looking.

It's enough with Emilia being a crybaby all the time.
I wouldn't be able to stand Emo Emilia and Crybaby Lumia in a whole story.

FOkyasuta
Sep 17, 2010, 12:07 AM
It's enough with Emilia being a crybaby all the time.
I wouldn't be able to stand Emo Emilia and Crybaby Lumia in a whole story.

Now Somebody Understands. =3

Shakuri
Sep 17, 2010, 12:09 AM
he achieved the title of "Worst Main Character" in the history of RPGS.

Edge Maverick.

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 12:09 AM

This.

I want to kick her in the teeth. "Woman! I trained you. You better remember who taught you. I'll kick your butt and take a picture of it before you hit the floor!"

I know that the character in PSP2 is not the same from PSU/AotI/Ep.3 but still.

And Ethan wasn't the worst main character ever. Episode 1, he was pretty lame. But the spin in the moving comic and Episode 2 made him less generic. Don't know his role in PSP2 but I can imagine he's some world renowned hero now. Doesn't say much for our character who did all the work un-framing his butt and getting Laia's act in gear.

And where is Karen? Did she give up the Divine Maiden act? She said she would in Ep.3 but... don't know if she did.

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 12:23 AM
And Ethan wasn't the worst main character ever. Episode 1, he was pretty lame. But the spin in the moving comic and Episode 2 made him less generic. Don't know his role in PSP2 but I can imagine he's some world renowned hero now..

He's known as the hero of gurhal, but I'm on the last story mission now, and I've yet to actually SEE him. Lots of people talked about him, but he's nowhere to be found.

Also, I just wanted to point this out. Who the HELL is this Zark dude? And how'd he steal the pub from Gawik?! DX

Tyreek
Sep 17, 2010, 12:26 AM
Oh trust me, he'll appear. You just need to keep going.

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 12:30 AM
Oh trust me, he'll appear. You just need to keep going.

And I bet when he does show up they'll play that epic Dallgun music, with the camera floating from his feet to his head, and he'll be wearing that retarded new guardians uniform, and kill any and all respect for the character you MIGHT (Big might) of gained from episodes 2 and 3.

Shakuri
Sep 17, 2010, 12:34 AM
I'm actually happy the way they did his and another persons appearance in this game.

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 12:35 AM
And I bet when he does show up they'll play that epic Dallgun music, with the camera floating from his feet to his head, and he'll be wearing that retarded new guardians uniform, and kill any and all respect for the character you MIGHT (Big might) of gained from episodes 2 and 3.

I lol'd. That should be Laia, the whole big wig at the Guardians now. I wish we could play PSP2 from their perspective.

I miss Maya, Lucaim Nav, Hyuga and the rest of them guys. The Little Wing crew hasn't grown on me. Except Yut and Chelsea. Yut is the bomb and Chelsea is a big refreshing change from the cast of the past. (Magashi, Kurtz & Vivienne).

Emilia's too cheery and whiny, Usrula's not all that for what she is portrayed to be, Kraz is a drunk and none one else there stands out. At least some of the nameless Guardians interested me. None of the Little Wing cast does that.

Maybe it's just me. I need to finish story mode. Trying to level up online and get better gear, but people keep doing easy missions.

Okay, I'm going to stop typing now. =P

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 12:37 AM
They do grow on ya. By the time I got to chapter 7, I honestly liked the whole gang a lot better than PSU's. My only regret is Vivienne doesn't join in. That'd make the whole thing complete, I'd say.

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 12:41 AM
They do grow on ya. By the time I got to chapter 7, I honestly liked the whole gang a lot better than PSU's. My only regret is Vivienne doesn't join in. That'd make the whole thing complete, I'd say.

Vivienne? I think I just got up to her quest. She's the lady in white I am assuming? If you get her partner card (can you?) She doesn't join the team? Maybe that's because if you didn't import, it wouldn't be fair or something...?

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 12:46 AM
Vivienne? I think I just got up to her quest. She's the lady in white I am assuming? If you get her partner card (can you?) She doesn't join the team? Maybe that's because if you didn't import, it wouldn't be fair or something...?

I dunno why, but for whatever reason, even though I imported my character Vivienne doesn't recognize me. Did you have to beat story mode on the old game or something?

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 12:50 AM
I dunno why, but for whatever reason, even though I imported my character Vivienne doesn't recognize me. Did you have to beat story mode on the old game or something?

From every source I heard, you did. But no one has said anything about that in the US version. Maybe people aren't doing the story or maybe it was forgotten in the US version.

Doesn't help that the game is not out in the EU yet or that Amazon.com hasn't shipped out a lot.

It may take time to find out, but I wanna know.

On my imported save game, I did clear story mode. But I haven't gotten that far yet. Who knows. I got a cut-scene with Yut saying that I (my character) smelled liked the Lady in White who visited his village. That's all I got that might allude to Vivienne.

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I got that scene too. When I started the mission and found her, I only had 2 options. Is there supposed to be 3? That'd be weird, because one of the answers given (The one I picked) you call her by her name, which she hasn't told you yet. And she doesn't seem surprized at this at all.

DarkPhoton
Sep 17, 2010, 12:55 AM
In order to get that, You have to do the side story missions, separate from the actual story mode.

But yeah. She seemed to recognize me at first, then didn't

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 01:00 AM
In order to get that, You have to do the side story missions, separate from the actual story mode.

But yeah. She seemed to recognize me at first, then didn't

Which side story missions? You mean the Cafe requests?

Alexandria
Sep 17, 2010, 01:02 AM
Which side story missions? You mean the Cafe requests?

No, it should be under Tactical Missions>Clad 6>Wayfarer in White.

And yeah, Photon, she was all like "Could it be....you?" then I say something and shes like "Oh, you're rude."

DarkPhoton
Sep 17, 2010, 01:05 AM
Yup, same response i got "No need to be rude about it." Made me wanna slap her in the face.
I'm like "Hoe bag! we went to the hive together, I saved your scrawny metal ass! least you could do is remember me betch! *Smack!* WHATS MY NAME! *Smack!*

You get my drift.

GeoSword
Sep 17, 2010, 01:13 AM
I'm wondering what happened to the (non-story) NPC characters you saw in PSP1. I recall that they are mentioned or at least show the portraits of them in a news report in JP PSP2.

Ken_Silver
Sep 17, 2010, 01:17 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/phantasystarportable2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56047607&pid=969683

Found this entertaining thread while looking up some of the desired info here. Might be good to pass this around.

It sorta explains why some of the old PSU characters are busy and don't re-appear in PSP2. But some of them do return and I was surprised to see that too.

NOTE: Two villains join us. Strange, isn't it?

Normally wouldn't bump this, but I just finished the Vivenne side quest. I also want to know if anyone in the US or JP version has actually gotten her to recognize them?

It's frustrating! You are the character from PSP1 standing right there and she wants to find her partner. But you're right there!

Argh! I want to know where I screwed up.