PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Little Wing Licence?

GUN
Sep 18, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just a little confused here -

Firstly - I went online fine without entering the code for the little wing licence on the back of the manual (EU edition) - did not experience any problems

Secondly - Noticed that you were supposed to enter the code in the redeem codes section to play online? bit weird as had already played online. Enterred code and all seems ok , but nothing has changed? how do I tell if I have got the licence?

Also, online I only see Universe 1 - are there any more?

Sorry for all the questions, but cannot see what the difference was for entering my code, and alos cannot see where my licence is?

Any help would be appreciated.

LG

Sulfur
Sep 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
I only see universe 1 so think thats the only one for now.

Daveydave
Sep 18, 2010, 02:49 PM
I am worried that the whole license thing is actually not working at the moment, which would mean people who are pirating the game can play? It is confusing though. Can anyone shed light on this?

x

DarkShadowX
Sep 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
Yea, right now it seems anyone can get online with a code or without one. I'm sure that when/if they do a server maintenence it'll fix the issue.

So yea, as of right now ANYONE can get online without a Litle Wing License. If you have one but haven't entered it I suggest you do so just incase they fix it and you?re wondering why you can't get online and threw away the code or something. (Unless you bought the game off PSN in which the code is applied automatically)

Daveydave
Sep 19, 2010, 01:40 AM
Yea, right now it seems anyone can get online with a code or without one. I'm sure that when/if they do a server maintenence it'll fix the issue.

So yea, as of right now ANYONE can get online without a Litle Wing License. If you have one but haven't entered it I suggest you do so just incase they fix it and you?re wondering why you can't get online and threw away the code or something. (Unless you bought the game off PSN in which the code is applied automatically)

I hope the little wing license means something. If not, what is the point in buying the game? I know I am happy that I have bought the game, but if any tom dick and harry can pirate the game, what is the point? I hope Ruby can clarify this?

x

NER0
Sep 19, 2010, 10:09 AM
I haven't entered mine yet but will as soon as i have to, this is rather strange.

CocoaTan
Sep 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
That seems to be the case for right now at least. Hopefully, it'll be resolved with future maintenance updates.

Daveydave
Sep 20, 2010, 08:15 AM
Any update on this? Still a little peeved that people who have pirated the game may just play.

x

NER0
Sep 20, 2010, 10:55 AM
Not everyone who hasn't registered a code is pirating the game. I own the UMD but was never prompted to register when I logged in online. I'm running CFW, but I've heard that its happened to OFW users as well.

Kenesu
Sep 20, 2010, 11:58 AM
what does it matter whether or not pirates are playing the game, the more people that are playing online the better,right? just log on and have fun....

Daveydave
Sep 20, 2010, 04:54 PM
what does it matter whether or not pirates are playing the game, the more people that are playing online the better,right? just log on and have fun....

Whilst that is true to a point, the people who have pirated the game have not supported Sega or the Phantasy Star brand. So it does matter.

x

HaydenX
Sep 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
Whilst that is true to a point, the people who have pirated the game have not supported Sega or the Phantasy Star brand. So it does matter.

x

However, there may be some people (many) who judge the game primarily on its online content...so by playing online, the piraters may be indirectly supporting sega (in a very small way)

DuRaL
Sep 20, 2010, 07:21 PM
However, there may be some people (many) who judge the game primarily on its online content...so by playing online, the piraters may be indirectly supporting sega (in a very small way)
you mean the way you support Mc Donalds when you only use their toilet? ;)

HaydenX
Sep 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
you mean the way you support Mc Donalds when you only use their toilet? ;)

That's the only way I support McDonalds...

Seriously though, just by having a large community, it improves the gameplay experience for those who did purchase the game...this may result in more people purchasing the expansion when it comes out (not to mention that the piraters may actually buy the game after seeing how awesome it is).

I know it is a somewhat ideal notion, but it could happen.

P.S.

w00t 700th post

Mystic_Nessly
Sep 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Stealing is wrong, no matter how you swing it. The demo was available for online play if people were interested in that, and it's still available for offline play if they want to get a taste of it. I am very disappointed that this "Little Wing License" isn't working as it should. I really hope SEGA is able to resolve this ordeal.

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME. It's one of the very few games in YEARS that I honestly anticipated its release (the last one I can remember was Super Mario Sunshine). Now, I know how easy it is to modify a PSP to play illegal copies of games, and I'd hate to see a such an awesome game like this go unsupported! If people don't support the franchise, then we don't support the people who make these great games! By not supporting the games we enjoy, we don't get more of the same games we love!

I also know that there exist homebrew applications which allow people to cheat in PSP games. If people cheat online, then this negatively affects the online service, and THAT makes me an angry customer. I'm not saying that everyone that plays illegal copies of PSP games cheats, but those who use custom firmware may be more inclined to cheat than a person, say, who doesn't even know what "Pandora's Battery" or "CFW" is. By stopping the players from using illegal copies of the game online, it'll decrease the chances of online cheating.

All I'm saying is that it's important for SEGA to resolve this license issue:
-Stealing is immoral. Don't do it.
-some nasty side effects may occur like (a) less support, (b) online cheating

The exclamation points aren't directed at anyone. I just get really charged with this sort of topic.

OFF TOPIC: Why in the heck is Phantasy Star Portable 2 listed as "UMD Only" on the official US Playstation home page? Get it straight SONY.

BlackKusanagi
Sep 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
I dont know why youre worried about people who pirate their versions. I mean you need to connect to PSN in order to activate it do you not? And youre not allowed to connect unless you have at least version 6 on your PSP, while the furthest homebrew has come is 5.50. Dont sweat it.

Izuna
Sep 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
I dont know why youre worried about people who pirate their versions. I mean you need to connect to PSN in order to activate it do you not? And youre not allowed to connect unless you have at least version 6 on your PSP, while the furthest homebrew has come is 5.50. Dont sweat it.

PSNLover is homebrew that allows CFW to connect online and bypass the code needed. Even if these people get banned, they can just make another PSN account and use their savedata still.

Daigon Roogen
Sep 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
I bought the game because it's huge on a memory stick and i registered when right before i played online and i had cfw till i tried to play psp2. only reason i went ofw is because it was giving me the psn store start up error. but still i don't see why pirated copies are working when it did what it did with me.

BlackKusanagi
Sep 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
PSNLover is homebrew that allows CFW to connect online and bypass the code needed. Even if these people get banned, they can just make another PSN account and use their savedata still.

Hrm. I stand corrected. Thanks. lol.

Ryd
Sep 23, 2010, 09:30 PM

Has it been confirmed that it bypasses needing the code? I thought being able to go online without the license was something that both OFW and CFW users were/are able to do.

Tyreek
Sep 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
I hope the Little Wing license does get fixed so it can actually do what its SUPPOSED to. People are already online who are actually cheating, and last I checked, using hacks online in PSP2 gives the party some nasty side effects. If you save with those side effects active, you're not gonna be happy. One of the most prominent of effects is your extend points screwing up, which a friend of mine suffered. I'm not gonna comment about CFW, since not everyone using it is a downright cheater, however, the people who are hacking are hurting the people who are online in this game, whether they care or not. And they need a boot up their behind.

Izuna
Sep 23, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hosts who cheat are the worst. I don't want to walk in and find every enemy dropping Tenimusou.

dragonlibrarian
Sep 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
soa is aware of the issue with the license and are attempting to figure out why it's not working (read in a thread on segaforums, or maybe ruby commented on another thread here i forget which lol), but someone mentioned a theory that i rather liked, about sega letting pirates get a taste of online to get them hooked then slamming the door on them so they have to buy the actual game.