PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Error code 80550e18

Emery25
Sep 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
Me and my friends got this game a few days ago and we can go online and play with online with any except everytime they try to go into the room i formed they cant and when i try to go into their room i cant either except i keep gettin error code 80550e18 even though i can play with any one else online. Do you guys know if its a server problem or does my psp hate them. :-(

Mortalis
Sep 19, 2010, 09:16 AM
buy the game

That has really nothing to do with the topic. Try again.

But yeah, I've been having that problem with a friend. I have two people who I play regularly with atm. If person #1 creates the party, 99% of the time I wont be able to join. If person #2 creates the party, I usually don't have a problem. So yeah, I don't know whats up with it.

Emery25
Sep 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
and yes i bought the game on psn btw.

Mr_Sixx
Sep 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
The servers are still pretty "new". They're just having bugs with them. I'm sure in a week... or month(s)... everything will be settled and working properly. That's my guess.

DiplomatQue
Sep 19, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm getting the same error code. Quite often. Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I bought the game.

Velinus
Sep 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
I get the exact same problem, different error numbers but same scenario. Hope this is fixed soon.

bobmanjr2
Sep 20, 2010, 11:56 PM
try using conditional search when all else fails, works for me

BahnKnakyu
Sep 21, 2010, 05:28 AM
That happens if your ports aren't forwarded correctly and/or if one of your friends is using an old outdated router that doesn't support UPnP.

To fix this, have your friend set his PSP's IP Address as a DMZ (it basically "opens up" all of the ports to the PSP). This should solve the problem.

If it still doesn't work, it might be the network they're using blocking the ports. This is especially prevalent amongst people who use university/college Internets.

buenview
Sep 21, 2010, 07:06 AM
If i can Join other ppl's games 70% of the time does this mean this is not my problem and doing the DMZ thing is unnessecary? Do you ever get this kind of errors as well?

Also just incase i know. you turn the PSP ip adress into DMZ via the PSP being connected to the router and accessing the router via PC. Or can you do this toggling options WITHIN the psp?

Krank32oz
Sep 21, 2010, 09:54 AM
That was my question as well. It probably has to be in the PSP? Thats what I would try first!

BahnKnakyu
Sep 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
First off, you'll need to assign a static IP address for the PSP. Reason being, the DMZ can only be pointed to one IP, so that IP cannot be changing or else the DMZ won't work.

The DMZ is set up on the router, not the PSP. You don't even have to have the PSP on to set up the DMZ, just access the router's webpage like you normally do. If you don't know how to set up a DMZ, simply Google your router and DMZ configuration and you should be able to get info on how to do it.

The problem with this is that unless you're tech-savvy, it's really hard to tell *who* has the problem when you try to connect to other people. As you pointed out, it sometimes works with some people, and sometimes doesn't. When all else fails it's best to set up the DMZ on your side so you KNOW you have your bases covered. If you still get the error after the DMZ is set up, that means the other guy has an incorrectly configured router.