PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 No love for the Aussies

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 19, 2010, 02:01 AM
I thought the bad news for me would be no money for psp2 and no wi-fi to play it, well I have a new working wi-fi router now(Had to get a more expensive one cause me previous router didn't work with the 3g dongle I had. Didn't cost that much extra though.) and thats cool. Though to my surprise checking for psp2 in the AUS PSS it wasn't there, I checked through PS3 PSS, PSP PSS, now Media Go.

Although I'm still in the process of trying to successfully download this Media Go Video Playback Engine for the 10th bloody time, getting it to 99% and stalling. Is this update stopping psp2 from showing up in the AUS PSS?

Muramasa
Sep 19, 2010, 03:12 AM
I know how you feel, man. It's pretty hard to find the game here in Belgium as well, what with some stores only getting a single copy of PSP2 and all, but I hope you manage to find it once you get the technological problem out of the way.

zeital
Sep 19, 2010, 03:58 AM
i'm not sure if its in the australian PSN, i got mine form the US PSN, cuz i didn't want to wait

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 19, 2010, 04:22 AM
Well I can get it through US PSS if I use me Entropay account to buy and download it, dunno if its still active though. Besides for me and me mates, the date is the 16th whilst the rest of you's get it the next day. Right now its after 7 on the 19th as I do this post, I'd laugh if it shows up when I do gets a bit of cash. But it will no be funny.

gavme
Sep 19, 2010, 06:40 AM
It's not just Australia. It is still not on the European PSN either.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 02:13 AM
That I've heard, there was another thread from some Belgium players not feeling the love either.

TierrenZX
Sep 20, 2010, 02:35 AM
You know after reading the recent Game informer magazine with the Bioshock: Infinite cover on it, they talk about Gamescom where they mention how Sony overall seems to be doing the best if not on equal footing with the 360 in Europe and such. Makes me wonder that despite getting a lot of support from there that Sony won't hook up you EU players and those that are not from US or Japan a lot better.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 02:43 AM
................. I see. Well I checked my local EB(One of them anyway) and the UMD version wasn't there, I really hope Sony do no do what they did with Rock Band. We didn't get ours till December 2008, the US got Rock Band 2 in October that year. Had to get a UK version for my region's content.

Dammit Sony, gimme Psp2 now!!

AnamanaAU
Sep 20, 2010, 03:22 AM
PALGN has said 15/10 for a while now, just FYI.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 04:40 AM
What!!? The 15th of October, are they nuts? Why should we have to wait that long? I don't wanna start playing after that date with everyone else who has it at Lv200 calling me a noob.

AnamanaAU
Sep 20, 2010, 04:43 AM
Deal with it, this happened with PSP1 and PSU too. This is nothing surprising. If you want to play it, get a US friend to fund you 45$ or import it.

zeital
Sep 20, 2010, 04:45 AM
what i did it just buy i US PSN card off the net, granted it was alittle bit more, but well worth being able to DL PSP2 from the us PSN on the day

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 04:48 AM
Well technically I can get the US if I choose with Entropay, just will no like switching account for different content, bit of a pain. I'm sure the coming update for AU/EU PSN this week should have what we've all been waiting for, kinda ironic that we couldn't download on launch day cause it wasn't avalible at the time.

zeital
Sep 20, 2010, 04:53 AM
i really don't plan on swapping accounts over on my psp much so it doesn't bother me much, really i only got my psp for PSP2

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 04:58 AM
Thats cool mate, so far I have 2 full games and a demo on me AUS account + dlc(Mainly songs for Rock Band Unplugged), and me US is just for the US Psp2 demo. I don't have that much on me psp go.