PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Extend code help

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 03:27 AM
OKay I decided to go on a hunt for extend codes, my problem being I have no clue how they are obtained, and wether there will be enough to either extend weapons that will need it, or to just extend like 5-10 weapons or something. Like I want to use it on my Longinus, so it can actually be killer, but then I'm like should I just leave it at level ten and find an extend code later and use it on a more powerful weapon?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 23, 2010, 03:45 AM
One for clearing all 7 in target time, one for doing all 7 stages with the same type. Max 5 per char.

So run all 7 with same type and get 2 codes for your effort and save a char slot for making new chars to run it.

It's easy enough to duo the 2hr time for hyakka, getting 2hr30 really shouldn't be a big deal...

As seen in another thread.

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 03:48 AM
what...runs...?

Eclipsed57
Sep 23, 2010, 03:49 AM
challenge mode

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 03:56 AM
OH Okay. So is it suggested to use it on a weapon you like using to make it suitable for higher missions, or to save them until your like later leveled and use them on like a level 70 weapon to make it better for level 120+ missions?

DarkPhoton
Sep 23, 2010, 04:06 AM
up to you, I used one on my twin Varistas because they have level 2 stun. Some do it for cosmetic, some do it to beef up the already over powered weapons.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 23, 2010, 04:08 AM
Well lets say you have a fave weapon in the game, or an older game like PSO, eg. Soul Eater. You grind and grind and suddenly it dosen't do you justice cause you found something better, but if you grind the Soul Eater 10 times, get an extension code and whack it on. Your weapon name and look are the same, but its an S Rank now with improved stats, a new level requirement, and the add status effect option.

I hope this helped out, but yes Challenge Mode is what you need to get em.

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 04:24 AM
I see, it's too bad the Grass Assassin scythe didn't make it in, I hope it does in like dlc I loved that weapon.

Then again maybe I should start thinking it through lol. I'm half tempted to use one on the lance, but I use it just because I'm an eva fan and it's BA looking. Then again pwning higher level things later on would be great.

Also I heard your weapons get some sort of special effect after slapping an Extension Code on is this true and are there different ones or just the same one?

Eclipsed57
Sep 23, 2010, 04:41 AM
you can find out the exact stats and level reqs after extending at http://psp2.psupedia.info/Weapons

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 05:00 AM
OKay I read all that earlier, but just went weapon gazing and planning. BUt I was curious if they left the little visual effect on the weapons appearance, or do they look the same as previously?

Mike
Sep 23, 2010, 05:13 AM
If you mean like sparkles when you swing the weapon or flames on the blade of the weapon, then yes, those are in the game. Those effects are kept after you extend a weapon. In addition to the normal effects, extended weapons will give off a bright flash when you bring them out of your pallette.

Tails_night
Sep 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
Oh sweet, now I'm almost looking forward to getting far enough to use one.

r00tabaga
Sep 23, 2010, 08:09 AM
I got a question...do extend codes make a C-Rank weapon an S-Rank??? Or do you have to use an extend code to go from C-->B & another extend code for B-->A, etc???

Amherst_Wind
Sep 23, 2010, 08:16 AM
It should be noted that generally Extend Codes are wasted on about 95% of the top tier weapons, for example a Twin Canon (Twin Saber version of Lavis) at (10) only gets +4 ATP if you use an extend code on it. Personally I used my codes on weapons that I liked but were slightly underpowered or didn't have special effects (I added Stun to a lot of my weapons. xD
Like, say you're a fan of the classic Twin DB Sword, you could grind it to (10) then use an Extend Code and it would have 518 ATP, only 71 ATP less than a Twin Canon (10)!! You could even give it a special effect like Freeze!

I got a question...do extend codes make a C-Rank weapon an S-Rank??? Or do you have to use an extend code to go from C-->B & another extend code for B-->A, etc???

Codes make whatever weapon you use them on an S rank.

r00tabaga
Sep 23, 2010, 08:19 AM
It should be noted that generally Extend Codes are wasted on about 95% of the top tier weapons, for example a Twin Canon (Twin Saber version of Lavis) at (10) only gets +4 ATP if you use an extend code on it. Personally I used my codes on weapons that I liked but were slightly underpowered or didn't have special effects (I added Stun to a lot of my weapons. xD
Like, say you're a fan of the classic Twin DB Sword, you could grind it to (10) then use an Extend Code and it would have 518 ATP, only 71 ATP less than a Twin Canon (10)!! You could even give it a special effect like Freeze!

Codes make whatever weapon you use them on an S rank.

AWESOME...Once again, I tip my hat to you friend! ;)