PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 how long are the servers for this going to be up?

Blue_Beast
Sep 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
how long are the servers for this going to be up? i mean whats the point as long as ive been playing i havent even seen 1 star in a universe... im going back to psu like a dope...

EDIT: yeah sorry for the post... iindeed i am an emotional ninny lol its just this is pretty well all i have in my pathetic fat exhistence WOE IS ME... so im sorry for the gazillionth time moderators all... I just wanted some reassurance the servers would be around a while... "i still suck my thumb you know" sighed the grief stricken giant, cracking a fragile smile ^_^

Magician
Sep 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
As long as Sony continues to offer and support ad hoc party PSP2 online multiplayer will never die.

Kazeshindo
Sep 24, 2010, 09:39 AM
which game are you talking about? PSPo2 or PS0?

Ashura Vengeance
Sep 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
Stop whining

Blue_Beast
Sep 24, 2010, 09:52 AM
which game are you talking about? PSPo2 or PS0?

im obviously in the psp sections of the forums...

Kazeshindo
Sep 24, 2010, 09:59 AM
im obviously in the psp sections of the forums...

you would be amazed at how many people would put up a post like that for PS0 in the PSP section of the forums.

But to that end, why even bother creating a topic like this, feeling a little emo this morning? Woe is Blue_Beast...

Look, since it's hosted by PSN instead of Sega the servers are more than likely here to stay, and if not, who cares? It's not like you lose your character like in PSU and you can always still find some friends to play the game with if servers do ever go down.

Dagger_32
Sep 24, 2010, 10:13 AM
Plus there will always be other options like Ad Hoc Party which does not rely on servers.

Kenesu
Sep 24, 2010, 10:22 AM
i haven't played this in adhoc once, only online and by myself. mutliplayer is too nice for the servers to go down or be shut down to quit trippin....

FarenKar
Sep 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
Look, since it's hosted by PSN instead of Sega the servers are more than likely here to stay, and if not, who cares? It's not like you lose your character like in PSU and you can always still find some friends to play the game with if servers do ever go down.

Thank god they're not hosted by Sega. I'm still miffed at them for pulling Chromehounds. >_<

T_Esquire
Sep 24, 2010, 01:02 PM
Sega has a love affair with yanking online service in the US once the 'next game' comes out. Mind you, Sega is still running the servers of the majority of their Phantasy titles in Japan. I wish I was kidding. If you can find them you will see Sega's Visual BBS' still getting regular new content, that's all fan generated! Players uploading their latest screenshots from the BBS' associated Phantasy game. The only reason the 360 PSU server wasn't shut down is because Microsoft forced Sega to desegregate the server, forcing US and Japanese players together. That's it. It's still around because Japanese players are on there. Seriously, people keep debunking my, "Sega hates the US." stand but all evidence supports it. Go figure.

prowler_
Sep 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
Sega has a love affair with yanking online service in the US once the 'next game' comes out. Mind you, Sega is still running the servers of the majority of their Phantasy titles in Japan. I wish I was kidding. If you can find them you will see Sega's Visual BBS' still getting regular new content, that's all fan generated! Players uploading their latest screenshots from the BBS' associated Phantasy game. The only reason the 360 PSU server wasn't shut down is because Microsoft forced Sega to desegregate the server, forcing US and Japanese players together. That's it. It's still around because Japanese players are on there. Seriously, people keep debunking my, "Sega hates the US." stand but all evidence supports it. Go figure.I'm just glad SEGA hasn't pulled the plug on private servers. :3

But all in all, SEGA listens to the fans unlike some companys. But... it would be nice to have a better fan base outside Japan but the Japanese are always so obsessive :I

Blue_Beast
Sep 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
thank you all nay sayers and helpful folk alike i am done with my random idiocy for the day ^_^

Rashiid
Sep 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm just glad SEGA hasn't pulled the plug on private servers. :3

But all in all, SEGA listens to the fans unlike some companys.

Square Enix rings a bell...

NER0
Sep 24, 2010, 01:47 PM
SEGA told me they are closing the servers because you create annoying negative topics like this.

Blue_Beast
Sep 24, 2010, 01:50 PM
SEGA told me they are closing the servers because you create annoying negative topics like this.

asking how long the servers will be up was a dumb question i'll admit but not negative... though some would turn it negative... i will do better to think before i topicfy apropriately in the future...

Masterflower
Sep 24, 2010, 02:20 PM
Sega has a love affair with yanking online service in the US once the 'next game' comes out. Mind you, Sega is still running the servers of the majority of their Phantasy titles in Japan. I wish I was kidding. If you can find them you will see Sega's Visual BBS' still getting regular new content, that's all fan generated! Players uploading their latest screenshots from the BBS' associated Phantasy game. The only reason the 360 PSU server wasn't shut down is because Microsoft forced Sega to desegregate the server, forcing US and Japanese players together. That's it. It's still around because Japanese players are on there. Seriously, people keep debunking my, "Sega hates the US." stand but all evidence supports it. Go figure.

This is why Square Enix was smart in uniting the servers. This should be a common concept to all online games. This way, we are all forced to have the same thing and there are no favorites. Screw the people that want seperated servers, just pty with ppl from your region, its not that hard. Plus its easier to manage. This is why I'm hoping PSO2 "Global Support" means that the servers will be united. This isnt WWII nor the 1900s. This is 2010. Also means that there will always be someone on.

Rashiid
Sep 24, 2010, 02:24 PM
Let's not forget the JP onry parties in XI though. Sure we're merged, but their asses don't want anything to do with English-speakin' kinds!

Akaimizu
Sep 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
The best thing about all of the Portable Phantasy Stars is that no matter what happens to the servers, in the years to come, the game, and some multiplayer choices of it, are always going to live on. Adhoc Party for Sony, and or Xlink Kai, pretty much cover any lasting Multiplayer if the infrastructure ones go down, sometime in the future. However, infrastruture should stay as long as people keep playing it.

However, one reason people stop playing it is because they moved on likely to a newer Phantasy Star.

NER0
Sep 24, 2010, 03:10 PM
The best thing about all of the Portable Phantasy Stars is that no matter what happens to the servers, in the years to come, the game, and some multiplayer choices of it, are always going to live on.

SEGA will NEVER take our Ad-Hoc away!!!!