PDA

View Full Version : RED RING?

kitonaks
Mar 9, 2003, 12:58 PM
ok, the best armor is the aura field, i have that.
Now...looking for the best shield/barrier and its the RED RING by a LONG SHOT!!!!!
Does anyone have it? If so, or even if not so, how on gods green earth is it possible to find?!?!

Tulathis
Mar 9, 2003, 01:12 PM
There is no enemy or quest that you can obtain this item from currently. Perhaps in a future quest it will be available. (Gallon's Shop?)

Actually, there is a new item available from Gallon's Shop according to the new article. Anyone know what it is?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J-3PO on 2003-03-09 10:13 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Mar 9, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-03-09 10:12, J-3PO wrote:
There is no enemy or quest that you can obtain this item from currently. Perhaps in a future quest it will be available. (Gallon's Shop?)

Actually, there is a new item available from Gallon's Shop according to the new article. Anyone know what it is?

Not until Monday night when the new quest will be up. Heh.

VulpesMundi
Mar 9, 2003, 08:48 PM
Gallon's Shop will likely have another music CD. That or more candy or even a flower bouquet. =>.>=

As for the Red Ring, I think the stats that sites give for it currently are still based on the version 2 stats. I've not heard of anyone acquiring any of the rings in E1&2 yet, so there's no way to verify the stats currently.

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 08:53 PM
Ehm http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=570

VulpesMundi
Mar 9, 2003, 09:13 PM
I repeat: I've not heard of anyone acquiring any of the rings in E1&2 yet, so there's no way to verify the stats currently. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Only place I can think of to get the stats would be from the official strategy guide (assuming the Red Ring is listed - I won't touch that piece of crap they try to pass off as a strategy guide). But even if it is listed, how accurate is that information? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Edit:
The ver.2 stats are listed at Mamak...
http://mamak-int.com/idb/viewitem.php?game=pso&type=18&detail=121

As you can see, the stats listed here at PSOW are actually HIGHER. Most of the items in E1&2 have lower stats than they did in ver.2, especially armor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-09 18:21 ]</font>

scmfxt
Mar 9, 2003, 09:25 PM
That's what I want to know. If the guide is accurate. lol. Anyway, how was the Red Ring obtain in the Dreamcast version? I'm not a Dreamcast owner.

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 10:06 PM
As I recall, the only way to get it was through Xploder/code breaker. Please correct me if Im wrong.

VulpesMundi
Mar 10, 2003, 12:31 AM
That's about right. There were rumors (that still exist in this version) that Ultimate Falz rarely drops it. But as any player who's actually played this game and fought Falz knows that he NEVER drops items on any difficulty.

Deus-Irae
Mar 10, 2003, 04:36 AM
was the red ring ever found in V1 or 2?!

i only remember the rings aquired after getting a rank on challenge mode, and the red one wasnt one of the prizes, correct?

as fars as the EP 1&2 guide says -if memory serves- the rings will be made available in a later quest and you can pick a special defensive type attribute that gives you a stats boost when used with other party member wearing rings with the same attribute.

sounds cool! but how accurate this info is (if at all!) i cant say.

we may very well never see a red ring!

CrazyJ
Mar 10, 2003, 05:46 AM
I believe the Blue Ring (or was it Green?) was attainable through the Famitsu quest back on the Dreamcast version.

Don't remember if it was from Max kills or minimum though...

VulpesMundi
Mar 10, 2003, 07:45 AM
Blue Ring was a prize for getting SS-rank with minimum kills on the ver.2 quest Towards the Future. The Yellow Ring and White Ring were prizes for getting A-rank and B-rank in ver.2 C-mode. And the Green Ring and Purple Ring could be found from ver.2 Ultimate Ruins 2 or Ruins 3 random boxes depending on the section ID. There was no known way to get a Red Ring.