PDA

View Full Version : Upset About Friends

Para
Mar 9, 2003, 02:40 PM
sigh... awhile ago my friends and i made a deal not to use hacks and cheat for lvls in pso. well, i found out yesterday night that theyve been lying and so... i see their characters at lvl 200.. isnt that sad? i mean it just wrecks the game for everyone else...

Sketch
Mar 9, 2003, 03:51 PM
Wow...that's a stab in the back, you gonna be ok? The reason I asked that is because when friends break a promise, doesnt that make you upset? Now plot for revenge! Make them pay for not keeping there promises!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Force-Elite on 2003-03-09 12:58 ]</font>

Mystil
Mar 9, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-03-09 11:40, Nites wrote:
sigh... awhile ago my friends and i made a deal not to use hacks and cheat for lvls in pso. well, i found out yesterday night that theyve been lying and so... i see their characters at lvl 200.. isnt that sad? i mean it just wrecks the game for everyone else...

Don't worry about it. Find legit friends.

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 04:55 PM
Wait... how did they cheat to get to lvl 200? That USB mem card thing, you have to have your char on it already.

Raist
Mar 9, 2003, 05:03 PM
He's on the PC version of PSO, not the gamecube.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 9, 2003, 05:20 PM
I'm on the extreme end when it comes to cheating and people I know.

If someone I know (real life) decides to pick up the game, I tell them outright that if they cheat I'll never talk to them again.

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-03-09 14:03, Raist wrote:
He's on the PC version of PSO, not the gamecube.

Ahhhh... that explains it. Could happen on DC PSO too...

Para
Mar 9, 2003, 09:29 PM
theres a severe batch of cheaters on the pc pso which really sux -.-;;
what makes it worse is that my friends cheated too but also lied about it... what kind of friends is that?

Raist
Mar 9, 2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah, thats pretty unfortunate. You should come to the gamecube side of the force, where cheating is pretty limited at the moment.

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 09:34 PM
You should kick ur friend in the shin delete his character and threaten him not to cheat ever again

ALL GOOD!

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 10:03 PM
Not really........ maybe OFFLINE...

Raist
Mar 9, 2003, 10:06 PM
On 2003-03-09 19:03, Zeebo wrote:
Not really........ maybe OFFLINE...

Oh compaired to the DC and PC versions the Gamecube is deffinitly limited in cheating.

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 10:15 PM
That is true but still plentiful.......

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
Hey, at least I am not getting NOLed more or PKed, or have people comming into my locked games when I use a completly random pile of letters,

I can live with duping. Seriously, we are lucky this is the only cheating. Sure, it would be great if there was no cheating, but its too late to fix mistakes. Only real way is to rework the game. And I would be suprised if they werent working on a new version.

I know we all thought this would be a great version, and ST learned from their mistakes. Well, in some ways they have, others they havent. They are only human. Like you. Like me. They make mistakes. It happens. You cant debug everything to every detail. If they did that,the game would never be released.

BonusKun
Mar 9, 2003, 10:40 PM
Get over it.

Move on.

Para
Mar 12, 2003, 07:37 PM
cheating in PC is at a total extreme...

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 13, 2003, 12:02 PM
If you have their guild card, you can call support and ban them. I did that once....friend still wants to kill me from back in the day...let's say....when they still had that free ISP #

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 04:50 PM
to use Game Genie in order to get through the game. Aw gee... Cheaters are never fun. They seem to think that since they have great weapons they are automatically great players. Now, I dunno about any of you but I seem to find that they normally may have great weapons or great armor, but have no idea what they are doing. Worst of all these people don't even get the true experience of the game when duping or cheating in anyway, they just get items right away or once they get a hand on one amazing item they make copies for trading for other items. It's quite sad to see these people, I really have never cheated on any video game before. I even remember when Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past was out and my friend played on the same file as his sister and they had to use Game Genie in order to get through the game. He said they had to use that cheating device to beat the game because it was so hard (heh...). Well, after he and his sister finished it I borrowed it to play for myself. He said "You might want this too." Handing me the Game Genie, I just said "No, it's alright, I bet I could beat it myself." He argued saying it was extremely hard and everything and I just said that if I couldn't beat it myself that I would just give it back. Turns out the game is easy enough to beat without the codes... However, (back to PSO), people might say "Well, people made cheats for a reason!" Yeah, sometimes they did. But I do believe that Sega has been trying to stop this bug (not authorized cheat!) that people use to create items. This goes beyond cheating in my opinion and makes the game a lot less fun for everyone (obviously besides dupers who seem to have a blast bragging about their recently un-earned item that they got)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2003-03-13 13:52 ]</font>

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 13, 2003, 06:52 PM
Ok as for the people using duped uber items on the GC. The funny thing is they are the ones that die most often since they have no defense. And the Zelda: Link to the Past reference I just have to say your friend must suck and games to require use of a game genie to beat it. Hell it's possible to beat it in 1 or 2 hours. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In the end cheating is no substitute for skill and those who constantly cheat to win at a video game will eventually lose what skill they had. So when your friends start noticing how much better skill wise you are on the game you can just smile and say it was because you stayed 100% legit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 07:18 PM
Heh, I know. He's actually really bad at video games, the thing I find really sad is that he shared a file with his sister and they still couldn't beat the game without cheats... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif