PDA

View Full Version : Game Mega Man Legends 3 announced for 3DS!

Nitro Vordex
Sep 29, 2010, 01:16 AM
http://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/statuses/25858501420

HOLY SHIT I'M STOOOOOOOKED. Sadly no pictures on it or anything, but we'll get more info as it comes.

Tyreek
Sep 29, 2010, 01:23 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyesssssssssssssssssss!!!! Now the 3DS IS on my top list.

Mute City
Sep 29, 2010, 01:37 AM
You mean it wasn't already at the top of your list? If so, your list is wrong.

Kanju
Sep 29, 2010, 01:43 AM
Well, that's mildly exciting.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 29, 2010, 02:01 AM
Well, I'm lame.
We probably won't see more info on this until Capcom fixes their shit blog, but I'm still wanting this so hart. Kind of worried about the voice acting though.

Voice acting on the DS. *giggle*

Zarode
Sep 29, 2010, 02:12 AM
RockMan Dash 3 -project- (http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/)

Super Street Fighter 3 3d Edition (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/3DS/)

Lineup movie (no megaman legends) (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/3ds/lineupMovHigh.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPCsFAmIxCM of that lineup movie.

3DS is gonna make me soooooooooooooo poooooooooooooor.

Kanju
Sep 29, 2010, 03:01 AM
Well, I'm lame.

Don't get me wrong-- I heart the crap out of the Megaman Legends series, and I can't contain my excitement now that Capcom is getting off their asses to make the long-awaited third game, just... not so much for it being on the 3DS.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 29, 2010, 03:22 AM
Super Street Fighter 3 3d Edition (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/3DS/)

Woah, I had enough YOU DIE thongboy-not bebop-but CRAZYCHILIDOG METAL in 3D with just concepts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1StCGhmjvI

(towards the halfway point thru end, how he made them part, luckily still in suit before he shreds it like a Chippendale or something)

Better do your runaway, hide like a TMNT manhole cover thing, Chun buns. Or into the "mega tree," or something.

-

Good thing its the Zangief 4 one. He don't like girls.

-

but 3DS like the old PSO beta trailer, that a lot of people show now, but only I or few of us looking at that before PSO2 announce,

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/img/index/pic_main01.jpg
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/img/index/pic_main02.jpg

3DS being "the Door to the Future, the Door to Freedom."

FinalMasterM
Sep 29, 2010, 06:42 AM
Even more reasons to buy a 3DS

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 29, 2010, 09:55 AM
*rolls in via wheely chair* Did someone say Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike and Megaman Legends 3? On the 3DS? Oh my rice.

Outrider
Sep 29, 2010, 10:26 AM
Street Fighter IV, guys. Not III.

Jaspaller
Sep 29, 2010, 02:31 PM
All I can really say is

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!
I've been playing myself Legends 2 recently as I never got around to doing a super hard mode run... and damn is it hard.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 29, 2010, 02:53 PM
*rolls in via wheely chair* Did someone say Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike and Megaman Legends 3? On the 3DS? Oh my rice.
Put the rice down. Short Grain? live longer wwwwww-miko.

Zangief one.

I wouldn't be able to handle AKUMAHAX, aforementioned AEGIS THONG REFLECTIONS, and etc. Nor would the handheld really. Still a DS at heart, New fangled Nintendu d-pad, 4 face smallish buttons since its more "touch 'screen' and go."

Can't claw style that console. :( EX moves... baby. Also Akuma Teleports. Which gets beat by Urien Super Art 1 when I cancel off hit not confirmed, blocked Cr. MK in order to try to get out of there?

SONOFABITCH :argh: :cry:

Super 4 teleports by Akuma, being better in that respect, but whatever. Its a Zangief game, Screw you RYU.

Randomness
Sep 29, 2010, 03:31 PM
Newsflash: 3DS looks to have completely epic lineup of titles.

Well, can't say I'm surprised, though. Nintendo has owned the handheld market since the original Game Boy, so it makes sense that 3rd parties are hopping on the 3DS, especially since 3-D is big right now anyways. (And the graphics of the system are good without the 3D, in any case)

Seth Astra
Sep 29, 2010, 05:57 PM
Personally, I'd prefer a REAL sequel to MMZ (not any of this ZX junk). But this looks pretty sweet, too. Plus, it's bound to be way better than the Star Force series, that just... Sucked.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 29, 2010, 06:02 PM
Personally, I'd prefer a REAL sequel to MMZ (not any of this ZX junk). But this looks pretty sweet, too. Plus, it's bound to be way better than the Star Force series, that just... Sucked.
PS1 generation, not GBA/DS.

Not even anywhere near those kinds.

Actual worlds rendered, not static culture shock, catch em all stuffs.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 29, 2010, 07:33 PM
Personally, I'd prefer a REAL sequel to MMZ (not any of this ZX junk).
MMZ finished. Like, the series as a whole was finished. It didn't say that Zero died, but they never filled that in. That series is pretty much done.

Personally, I'd like to see a Megaman X9, to fill in the gaps left over. /offtopic

Mega Man Legends 3 is taking a different approach, huh? Looks like I'll have to finish 2 so I can learn the rest of the story.

Randomness
Sep 29, 2010, 07:37 PM
MMZ finished. Like, the series as a whole was finished. It didn't say that Zero died, but they never filled that in. That series is pretty much done.

Personally, I'd like to see a Megaman X9, to fill in the gaps left over. /offtopic

Mega Man Legends 3 is taking a different approach, huh? Looks like I'll have to finish 2 so I can learn the rest of the story.

Was 2 ever released stateside?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 29, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yes.

It had some bad art on the box, after localization, but I played through it double time on the PS1.

Jet Skates.

Japan got re-release on PSP. Lucky :ducky:s

Gunslinger-08
Sep 29, 2010, 09:24 PM
*sigh* Time to start saving. I hope I can afford a car AND a 3DS...

(Silent freak-out. YES YES YES YES YES!!!!)

darkante
Sep 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
WOW! I actually thought that RD 3 would never be made, totally unexpected. :D
Defintively first on my list.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 30, 2010, 12:28 AM
Maybe they'll release a MMX9 on the 3DS with 2.5D and none of the garbage that I've been seeing with X7 and X8. Hopefully they'll take a cue from Megaman X: Maverick Hunter and just do it like that but make Axel the bad guy. Why? Because I hate him. I hate him so, so very much. Megaman X shoulda ended after X4 aka Megaman X4: "WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOUR!?"

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2010, 12:50 AM
And what fuels your hate for Axl so much? I thought he was a decent character.

Chukie sue
Sep 30, 2010, 03:41 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124183p1.html

Sad story, couldn't help but laugh at the thought of a game doing this though.

Kind of makes me think why my weiner dog doesnt bark at the tv when a dog barks on it...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 30, 2010, 03:45 PM
Already made this topic here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182217).

Chukie sue
Sep 30, 2010, 03:49 PM
Of course, I should have known. Im never the first to report something cool ;~;

Thanks though. Now lets try this edit button...

ashley50
Jul 19, 2011, 01:33 AM
Bumping this from the grave 'cause Megaman Legends 3 got canned.

http://kotaku.com/5822462/mega-mans-3ds-game-bites-the-dust

http://www.destructoid.com/mega-man-legends-3-officially-canceled-206424.phtml

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2011, 05:44 AM
People will pull a Dragonball Abridged Frieza "I will &*#ing Murder you!" from this news.

Not only was I highly looking forward to this, but a good number of people spent money on a $250 system just to get their hands on Mega Man Legends 3.

darkante
Jul 19, 2011, 06:16 AM
Yeah, my buddy just informed me of this.
This seriously blows as it is my favorite MM serie, second would be the X-serie. :S

Although i did get my 3DS for the OoT remake.
This were defintively second on my list, being Paper Mario as third. D:

At least i can look forward to PM. :S

NoiseHERO
Jul 19, 2011, 08:09 AM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??

ARRGHHHH...

/Has megaman fanboy seizure

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2011, 09:32 AM
Still, this really makes me wonder if 3rd parties are actually going to make an original *non-port* title for the 3DS this year at all. DOA and Ghost Recon are probably the only ones I saw. However, with this cancellation, a high profile brand new (non port) 3rd party release is down the tubes. Hopefully this doesn't become the Nintendo 3D64.

Though I already am getting ready to change the name of Capcom to CorpCom. Run by the Corporate Commander. Somewhere, in the midst of MvC3 development, the Corporate Commander took over Capcom complete with brand new fashioned industrial strength ear plugs to silence any fan response or requests.

Corporate Commander: We will all make cheap Phone games from now on! Development for 1 person only. Grab our old sprites, parts of our old code, churn out a casual game in a day and sell it.

(Employee that doesn't get the new way): Um sir I have this cool brand new idea for a franchi--
Corporate Commander: Silence!!! Who said I allowed you to speak, minion!!
(Soon to be ex-Employee): But---
Corporate Commander: Out!!! I told you this is Not a Democracy!! And oh, tell our public relations committee that they're fired on your way out!! They are no longer needed here!
^
(Sad part is. Based on how they shut down the Japanese forums and such, upon such news, this is probably a reinactment that's closer to the truth than anybody (including myself) wants to believe.)

Tyreek
Jul 19, 2011, 10:48 AM
Holy shit... Its truly over.

Milla
Jul 19, 2011, 11:48 AM
"We are taking a break from Megaman right now to fully expand our other franchises and explore other opportunities. The Megaman series isn't dead, or won't be dying, but we will put him into hibernation so to speak for awhile. We again, truly apologize to our fans."

:(

NoiseHERO
Jul 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
I miss the good old days, where I could expect a new megaman every summer...

Japan keeps getting more and more disappointing. ]:

Milla
Jul 19, 2011, 12:01 PM
I wish the new DmC got the can instead. >.>

Outrider
Jul 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
Still, this really makes me wonder if 3rd parties are actually going to make an original *non-port* title for the 3DS this year at all. DOA and Ghost Recon are probably the only ones I saw. However, with this cancellation, a high profile brand new (non port) 3rd party release is down the tubes. Hopefully this doesn't become the Nintendo 3D64.

Square-Enix is releasing a rhythm-based Final Fantasy mash-up game!

Yeah, I got nothing.

I wish the new DmC got the can instead. >.>

Really? Honestly, I think an origin story starring a punk rocker Dante is the most interesting thing out of Devil May Cry since, well... the first one. We've got plenty of games already with pretty-boy anime boys fighting repetitively against the backdrop of meaningless melodrama. Keep the fun combat system and let's shake everything else up a bit.

Anyway, as for Mega Man Legends - This kind of sucks. I never got around to playing the original games, so I was figuring I'd try and support this one and give it a shot. I know Capcom is saying Inafune leaving the company had nothing to do with this, but it certainly couldn't have helped.

I hope somebody finds a way to bring back the Mega Man franchise in a big way; I miss the little guy.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
"Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game".

I wonder what the required criteria was...

I was really looking foward to this one ;_;

I guess this applies:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3890/capcomtroll.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8859/ripmegaman.jpg

Milla
Jul 19, 2011, 02:22 PM
Square-Enix is releasing a rhythm-based Final Fantasy mash-up game!

Yeah, I got nothing.

Really? Honestly, I think an origin story starring a punk rocker Dante is the most interesting thing out of Devil May Cry since, well... the first one. We've got plenty of games already with pretty-boy anime boys fighting repetitively against the backdrop of meaningless melodrama. Keep the fun combat system and let's shake everything else up a bit.

Anyway, as for Mega Man Legends - This kind of sucks. I never got around to playing the original games, so I was figuring I'd try and support this one and give it a shot. I know Capcom is saying Inafune leaving the company had nothing to do with this, but it certainly couldn't have helped.

I hope somebody finds a way to bring back the Mega Man franchise in a big way; I miss the little guy.

I'm not going to pass judgement on the gameplay until i actually play it and tbh from the trailer it looked pretty good. Obviously my issue like many others is the character/enemy re design and the whole re boot of the series. There are plenty of other ways to keep the franchise fresh that doesn't require to drastically change an iconic characters image. But ill leave it as that don't wanna go too off topic.

It seems Capcom is gonna pull a streetfighter with Mega Man and take a break for a while, hopefully not for 10 years this time though.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2011, 02:29 PM
I have to admit. These pictures are coming out faster than I thought. The fan artists are working overtime. I have to admit, that last pic was touching.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 19, 2011, 02:38 PM
^ It's sad man. The game was really looking ta be fun.
For 3DS, this and Tales of the Abyss were the only titles I was looking forward too.

Now it's Tales of the Abyss only. > >

yoshiblue
Jul 19, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised that they never had a gathering of Megamen in one game. Kinda the whole "all of you are needed to save the world this time" sort of vibe. O

Rashiid
Jul 19, 2011, 02:42 PM
Well CAPCOM did say they had a treat for Megaman fans still. Maybe it is a collaboration of all Megamans (Megamen?) in one game.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hopefully it isn't yet another Megaman collection repackaged all over again. Yeah yeah, we know Capcom. We already have those games and they run on the current systems.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2011, 06:08 PM
Give me another X game damn it. You can make a Mega Man 9 and 10 (which I honestly don't give two flying shits about) but you can't make a Mega Man X 9? Damn it Capcom.

And now I realize why this topic got bumped. Damn you, Capcom. Damn you to hell.

Forever Zero
Jul 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
It's a shame they had to pull the plug on this. >< I was REALLY looking forward to this game too. I loved the MegaMan Legends games on PSX. :(

First MegaMan Universe, now this. Sad year for the blue guy. :(

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2011, 06:35 AM
Though I already am getting ready to change the name of Capcom to CorpCom. Run by the Corporate Commander. Somewhere, in the midst of MvC3 development, the Corporate Commander took over Capcom complete with brand new fashioned industrial strength ear plugs to silence any fan response or requests.

^
(Sad part is. Based on how they shut down the Japanese forums and such, upon such news, this is probably a reinactment that's closer to the truth than anybody (including myself) wants to believe.)
Strange because this time around, even though I wasn't paying attention either as I assume you didn't from that rundown, they opened the doors to all kinds of fan interaction, new "Fan Development Room" Forum/system with contests and the like to add new things to this game. Near-Daily Producer Q&A's on the blog, etc.

Give me another X game damn it. You can make a Mega Man 9 and 10 (which I honestly don't give two flying shits about) but you can't make a Mega Man X 9? Damn it Capcom.

He isn't even represented at all in the Marbuhl 3 and Zero broke the game slightly, despite a "DHC Glitch" still there being bigger news man.

-

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9084490

Good times back then, even if stuck to one Island. Really didn't seem too small a world since it was pretty populated and had lively characters. Control issues became easier to deal with when you got new weapons for the other arm as well.

Still lacking in letting you buy a burger from the new shop the Servbots opened up by end game.

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2011, 07:54 AM
Strange because this time around, even though I wasn't paying attention either as I assume you didn't from that rundown, they opened the doors to all kinds of fan interaction, new "Fan Development Room" Forum/system with contests and the like to add new things to this game. Near-Daily Producer Q&A's on the blog, etc.

I knew all about that stuff. I participated in all of that, myself. Submitted character ideas for the contests, etc. Some of it I'm talking about the disconnect of the devs and the higher ups on that project. The ones with big fat earplugs are the guys who have the final say in the company's movements. Various project leaders and guys, under them, have their own aspirations and can organize community events and such, but when the big wigs say no, they must cease. The other part is that they really did shut down the Japanese forums just before the announcement of the cancellation.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ah alright. My mistake, just me not being enough of a fan in on that.

Fan Dev room area at least English speaker side said to be open a little longer, to boost contact exchange if you hadn't already, etc.

2chan probably has fans clamoring for the Harrumph Grump old men @ the top's heads on a stick then. yotsuba404 side had a good reaction thread, but plenty of "Megaman not in MVC3, so (+ various swearing @ reply to poster)."