PDA

View Full Version : I want your opinion on something

Sketch
Mar 9, 2003, 04:14 PM
I'm looking for PSO stuff on eBay, and I see that someone is selling rare items for the game. Now I've seen a few of these but why would you want to buy something that has a chance of getting deleted? What do you think?

Robantifast
Mar 9, 2003, 04:18 PM
Well, anything you buy really has a chance of getting destroyed/lost unless you take care of it, right?
Although personally I think selling PSO items on eBay is dumb...but the people that sell them are gonna make a lot of MUNNY!

Sketch
Mar 9, 2003, 04:21 PM
the ones I've been looking at are currently at $100 there are like 3 of those, when I said that it could be destroyed I mean if it got deleted or something....

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 9, 2003, 04:24 PM
I think people do that on every MMORPG out there. People on Diablo 2 were selling items on ebay, people on Motor City Online were selling cars, parts, and MCO money on ebay, and I think I've seen Ultima Online items on there too. Some people just seem to do this to try and turn a profit from the game.

Brundidge
Mar 9, 2003, 04:25 PM
Its not worth the cause unless your desperate for these things. Real money for virtual items and people spendin' more money than they probably paid for an modem/BBA and game combined. Also not a smart move since knowing that duping is possible in the game too. I say its a cheap way of getting a few bucks.

TedEdFred
Mar 9, 2003, 04:26 PM
because it takes too long to work for and earn the items. Why waste 100s or 1000s of hours looking for a few rares when they could get deleted?

Orange_Coconut
Mar 9, 2003, 05:10 PM
Well, the same could be said for, why spend 100 bucks or more on items that could eventually get deleted? In my opinion, that is worse then spending time seeing as how you don't lose profit.... Plus if anything you get EXP out of it, whats the point in buying a weapon thats good but you can't use and has a good chance of getting deleted? Whereas, although you might spend more time trying to find or trade for the item, atleast you are most likely leveling up and not wasting money on something that isn't even real.

lockeboy
Mar 9, 2003, 08:13 PM
Bah, stupid. Don't go for it, they're probably dupes, and you'll probably be disappointed.

This was going on in a game I play, Graal Kingdoms .. some morons were selling rare items for real money (and making quite a profit from it) .. one of them decided to start a thread on it in the forums, and Stefan (creator of the game, basically in charge of GK) finally said that selling in-game items for real money is a bannable offense .. so, hah, at least they took care of it.

I think it's a stupid thing to do. Orange makes a good point..

God-Slayer
Mar 9, 2003, 10:33 PM
I can venture a guess that 100% of the items for sale on eBay are dupes. I wouldn't spend a dime on buying items on eBay or anywhere else. And likewise, I would never sell my own items, be they duped or not. I wouldn't feel right selling duped items, and I wouldn't sell my hard earned rares for any amount of money. Just look at the lists; they pretty much have every rare in the game... do you think that's possible this early on in the game's history? Do you really think they have made a different char for each ID? (every ID gets at least a couple drops unique to it's ID only, and many are found in the hardest levels, ult. seabed, etc.) This is a pointless venture, but the sad part is that people will still buy this... thinking they're getting a deal. You would think people would have some sense of moral values... but it's all about the money I guess... =/

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 10:35 PM
Duped.......................! don't trust

God-Slayer
Mar 9, 2003, 10:42 PM
Zeebo can you please put a little more thought into your replies.. it looks to me like you're just trying to raise your post count. Please post intelligent replies... I've seen you post nearly 1 word responses in places... try harder ><

Auracom
Mar 10, 2003, 12:51 AM
I'd rather find those items than spend money to get them. It's just retarded selling something that isn't.... real. You could easily trade other people for specific items you want anyways. Some people are desperate though.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 10, 2003, 05:24 PM
Here's something you should do, get a character that you like (I dunno what you play as, so it's really optional. Obviously a character you like.) Then check out the item findings for each character once or twice. If the weapon you want can be found by multiple ID's, compare who they get it from and what else they drop. After that, check out the Section ID Calulator on this website, it helps a lto if you do not know the Section ID system. After finding a name that matches your ID that you like, just start leveling him/her up. A way to level up easily is transferring items from your higher level characters.