PDA

View Full Version : Game 3DS on sale Feburary 26th, 2011

Mike
Sep 29, 2010, 08:52 PM
From 4gamer. As proof, check out this screen shot.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/107/G010761/20100929011/screenshot.html?num=020

Two days after PSP2i launches. Ah well. Get your reserves ready.

SpikeOtacon
Sep 29, 2010, 08:54 PM
Too far away! Auggggh Nintendo why must you make me drool for so long?

Ishia
Sep 29, 2010, 09:09 PM
Isn't the NA/EU version supposed to be released in March though?

Mike
Sep 29, 2010, 09:15 PM
I don't know. The 4gamer article (found here (http://www.4gamer.net/games/107/G010761/20100929011/), btw) says that the dates for the US, Europe, and other countries will be announced later by the Nintendo branches for each region.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah, it's getting launched in March.

Leviathan
Sep 29, 2010, 10:55 PM
Apparently it is going to be a bit cheaper here?

Maybe I wrangle a job soon to get one in time.

FarenKar
Sep 30, 2010, 08:50 AM
Also on that page... is that a banner for Class of Heros 3? I didn't know there was a 2. XP

SuKKrl
Sep 30, 2010, 01:09 PM
From Ign (http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124158p1.html)

Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that the 3DS will be out in March 2011 in its own territories and that it will confirm further details at a later date.

The lineup looks good, the charger is simply stupid (you should make portable chargers for portable systems...), it looks to have around ps2 capabilities (small screen helps, makes me feel a bit sorry for the delusioned nintendo lovers that believed that it would be close to a ps3...)

I'm not sure also how it will handle some games without a second analog (touch screen is no viable replacement for that on some games), and 3d is still a bit of a mystery. There is still plenty to see about it.

Outrider
Sep 30, 2010, 01:34 PM
It's actually much closer to the Wii in terms of visual ability. From Resident Evil: The Mercenaries:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/09/530meet40003-00000setbmpjpgcopy.jpg

And you should be aware that the "PS3-levels" comment came from developers who pointed out that if the 3DS were not rendering every frame twice (to allow for 3D), that it could produce imagery similar to what people expect of next-gen hardware.

There are a lot of qualifiers on that statement for a reason.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 30, 2010, 05:38 PM
Too far away! Auggggh Nintendo why must you make me drool for so long?

agreed.

SuKKrl
Oct 3, 2010, 09:45 AM
I think the zombies are really undefined there, and you shouldn't forget of the small screen/resolution factor.

About the 3D, makes some sense, but, I imagine that if you lower the load, it will give you better performance, but that doesn't guarantee better graphics as it depends on its graphics chip capabilities.

Ithildin
Oct 3, 2010, 01:01 PM
3DS is far too expensive.

FarenKar
Oct 4, 2010, 08:01 AM
I've never really liked 3D anything, so unless it has some reall good 3DS exclusive games that aren't all about throwing things at the player, then I probably wont go for it. :P

Mixfortune
Oct 5, 2010, 12:52 AM
From actually holding and watching the tech demos on display at E3, I could tell that the top screen is more than capable of some highly impressive graphics. If any problem was to be seen in these, it was from perhaps the imperfect focus of background, but that seemed to be on a case by case software basis. There were certainly better graphics on display that the still that was posted above.

The 3D camera quality was fantastic, and the example 3D movie trailer, How to Train Your Dragon, was not only fairly lengthy, but looked excellent from a first impression, losing no apparently quality at all.

This thing can render.

Zeek123
Oct 9, 2010, 01:52 AM
It's actually much closer to the Wii in terms of visual ability. From Resident Evil: The Mercenaries:

And you should be aware that the "PS3-levels" comment came from developers who pointed out that if the 3DS were not rendering every frame twice (to allow for 3D), that it could produce imagery similar to what people expect of next-gen hardware.

There are a lot of qualifiers on that statement for a reason.

Now to me at least, that looks more PSP quality than Wii. Especially texture-wise.

The 3D effect is obviously impressive, but as far as actual graphics are concerned, the 3DS hasn't impressed me quite yet. Of course my only interaction with the handheld has been through screenshots and videos I've seen on the web.

A lot of this is "too good to be true" for me until I've had the chance to actually see it for myself.