PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Moon Atomizers

terrell707
Oct 4, 2010, 09:08 PM
Anyone else notice how powerful this item is in this game? it has a super long range and it can heal everyone who is dead at one time.

BIG OLAF
Oct 4, 2010, 09:09 PM
That's probably to compensate for the fact that you can only have 5 of them, and only one friggin', measly Scape Doll.

terrell707
Oct 4, 2010, 09:10 PM
Also proably because forces cant revive in this game. :( that was one reason that i always loved forces and they took that away.

Pavichokche
Oct 4, 2010, 09:17 PM
I believe Star and Moon automizers work on everyone on the room. Moon automizers at least

BIG OLAF
Oct 4, 2010, 09:22 PM
I believe Star and Moon automizers work on everyone on the room. Moon automizers at least

Moons don't really have the range of an entire room that I can tell, but it's pretty close. Larger areas, like the final "room" in Sakura Blast, for instance, Moons don't quite reach around the entirety of the field.

FarenKar
Oct 5, 2010, 07:07 AM
They don't reach everyone in the Angelus fight, either. Wasn't that an irritation when I needed my npc meat shields back. XP

8BitGinno
Oct 5, 2010, 09:05 AM
Bring back Reverser!

But yeah, great range on those moons. But I agree it's not infinite.

NER0
Oct 5, 2010, 09:17 AM
I'm glad they removed reverser. Also glad there is a 1 scrape doll limit. Makes the game more challenging. :D

Akaimizu
Oct 5, 2010, 09:48 AM
The 1 Scape doll limit is actually one of the biggest awesome challenge things they did. Though I guess I'm repeating myself from last year. In a way, this game, more than before, allows you to dial up the difficulty by taking on missions above your level. And best of all, you can do this throughout a majority of your experience.

Game too easy? Why not go and take on those harder levels for some great rewards, but you best be very careful because you drop your guard and it's mission over for you.

Removing the reverser aspect was an interesting choice. On the other hand, it certainly makes moon atomizers more useful. A big difference from the previous GiResta and how Moon Atomizers were mainly things I would sell to the NPCs because they took up a slot of inventory.

Of course, the biggest removal for this game is the previous GiResta effects. Now you can't prime anybody to be able to take enough damage to nearly kill them, but get a free ride as their health is still full after that hit, because Giresta built up the reserve health. What I like to call, the temporary tank effect. That alone, was a difficulty killing ability that's pretty much up there with having extra scape dolls.

Witchblade56
Oct 5, 2010, 10:24 AM
Yea definitely true on that giresta in psu. I remember being able to take some serious hits with that and not have to suffer for it.

terrell707
Oct 5, 2010, 12:04 PM
I don't think reverser in pso mad things less challenging because only forces could use it. And playing as a force, people would typically die within a few hits or if the going got really tough. I think PSU ruined it because anyone who was a techer could cast it. But like in PSP2 if they made that only giresta above lvl 21 could revive people, then forces would be the only one to revive people. And since no one really plays a force and forces, again, usually die pretty quickly in this game too, it would prevent everyone from spamming giresta but would also allow an extra incentive in playing a force.

FarenKar
Oct 5, 2010, 12:25 PM
I remember with PsP1, with the ability to hold three scape dolls, as well as the fact that the game gave them out like candy, I think I was only ever realy incapacitated three or four times through the my 100 of play or so.

Now, I'm at about 50 hours of play, and have (as of my gamega and magashi hunter runs) almost 60 incaps. ^.^;;

I agree it's more challenging now, but I wish the skill lvl up system from PsP1 was still in place.

reala728
Oct 5, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm glad they removed reverser. Also glad there is a 1 scrape doll limit. Makes the game more challenging. :D

more frustrating imo. since multi/online mode missions are based on how many of your party dies it gets annoying. if im looking for a challenge i'll go to challenge mode. i think they should bring it back, but have it consume like 200pp so it isnt spammed on levels that you shouldnt be playing

DreXxiN
Oct 5, 2010, 12:48 PM
I honestly do really enjoy the fact that they made it easier to die and fail a mission rather than holding your hand for free S ranks all the time...You kind of have to utilize the new features and have good timing, though I second there being a Force-exclusive revive tech.
1 Scape Doll was one of the best things to happen in this game.

Basically if your party is failing, the correct solution is not to make the game easier, but to get good.

And let's keep in mind the #1 cheap death of all time MEGID INCAPACITATE is out of the game :P

Also, I'm glad that I can enjoy all difficulties of the game and I'm glad I don't have to level PA's. I'm a really busy dude and I'm glad I can choose to be challenged anytime and anywhere, and don't have to worry about "Oh man, my Power Shot is only level 3...Better mindlessly mash my square button for 4 hours to get it to 11."

Akaimizu
Oct 5, 2010, 12:53 PM
My X button on 1 360 controller was a victim to PSU Bullet levelling. Killed that controller before its time, I tell ya.

Polantaris
Oct 5, 2010, 01:39 PM
I remember with PsP1, with the ability to hold three scape dolls, as well as the fact that the game gave them out like candy, I think I was only ever realy incapacitated three or four times through the my 100 of play or so.

Now, I'm at about 50 hours of play, and have (as of my gamega and magashi hunter runs) almost 60 incaps. ^.^;;

Most of the incaps that you get now are due to the decrease in health, not really to lack of Scapes. The monsters do the same damage they used to, but you don't have nearly the amount of health you used to.

I agree it's more challenging now, but I wish the skill lvl up system from PsP1 was still in place.

As do I. I don't like the "Find a better disc" deal. I liked the feeling of accomplishment that you get when you finally max out a PA after hours of work on it, and I miss it.

NER0
Oct 5, 2010, 02:05 PM
PA leveling was broken before. Now you can only get good skill levels if you get deep into the game.

DreXxiN
Oct 5, 2010, 03:55 PM
Most of the incaps that you get now are due to the decrease in health, not really to lack of Scapes. The monsters do the same damage they used to, but you don't have nearly the amount of health you used to.

Yep, that's one of the things I adore. Really, your survivability is increased, IF you have the skill, but you have to utilize the new blocking and rolling mechanisms in the game.. You are punished a LOT more for being careless...whereasin PSU the health pools were so insanely large, that it really didn't matter. lol (Also, you had a million mates to use :O)

Trizek
Oct 5, 2010, 04:01 PM
For some reason it doesn't reach as far online for me.

ryokojr
Oct 5, 2010, 05:16 PM
Also proably because forces cant revive in this game. :( that was one reason that i always loved forces and they took that away.

^ werd.
Helpful tip. Whenever you spot a scape doll and already have one just send the one you have with you to storage and then pick up the next haha.

terrell707
Oct 5, 2010, 05:49 PM
I honestly do really enjoy the fact that they made it easier to die and fail a mission rather than holding your hand for free S ranks all the time...You kind of have to utilize the new features and have good timing, though I second there being a Force-exclusive revive tech.
1 Scape Doll was one of the best things to happen in this game.

Basically if your party is failing, the correct solution is not to make the game easier, but to get good.

And let's keep in mind the #1 cheap death of all time MEGID INCAPACITATE is out of the game :P

Also, I'm glad that I can enjoy all difficulties of the game and I'm glad I don't have to level PA's. I'm a really busy dude and I'm glad I can choose to be challenged anytime and anywhere, and don't have to worry about "Oh man, my Power Shot is only level 3...Better mindlessly mash my square button for 4 hours to get it to 11."

I agree. And its not like higher level discs are easier to find. I'm still searching for a grants tech disc that is higher than 11. I seems to find a lot of higher lvl discs that I could careless about.
Also for some strange reason, I miss the old megid. There was just something funny about seeing megid fly though the room and everyone screaming OH NOES and running away. Lol. But the diffculty in this game is great. My only complaint now is that bosses are still easily owned online by SUV, Nanoblast, Mirage Blast, Ex Trap spamming. They really need more hp on bosses. Lol

Maku
Oct 5, 2010, 06:01 PM
I agree. And its not like higher level discs are easier to find. I'm still searching for a grants tech disc that is higher than 11. I seems to find a lot of higher lvl discs that I could careless about.
Also for some strange reason, I miss the old megid. There was just something funny about seeing megid fly though the room and everyone screaming OH NOES and running away. Lol. But the diffculty in this game is great. My only complaint now is that bosses are still easily owned online by SUV, Nanoblast, Mirage Blast, Ex Trap spamming. They really need more hp on bosses. Lol

maybe they should make it so

if 1 person enter the boss room the boss have have x1 hp
by 2 persons x1.5
3 persons 2x
4 persons 3x

or something like that...

WitheredAce
Oct 6, 2010, 03:58 AM
What I never understood is, why did they change the name of the recovery spell from Anti to Reverser? Which was the name of the Revival spell in PSO. Then change Reverser to Giresta?

Tyreek
Oct 6, 2010, 04:05 AM

Reverser was never removed. It was renamed... To Giresta... Which was announced removed.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 6, 2010, 11:25 AM
I kinda wished they kept Scapes to at least 3. That way if the poo hits the fan I can at least have some cushion. And yea, this game does kinda force you to play your characters right. Kinda like....Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox-1.