PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one who notices or am i jus stupid

critter
Mar 9, 2003, 07:56 PM
am i the only one who notices or could i just be dumb? what is so good about the s-rank weapons? their stats r really bad so what is the point of getting them if they suck?

Kyosozai
Mar 9, 2003, 08:04 PM
i've never used one, but from what i see on the stats some can be grinded all the way to 250 (mumbles: i really need to get online...>.<)

lockeboy
Mar 9, 2003, 08:06 PM
I think being able to actually name the weapon yourself is enough to lure me in. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

VulpesMundi
Mar 9, 2003, 08:34 PM
For me, S-rank weapons only have collectible value. I do plan to get at least one of each, just like I did on the Dreamcast. Some of the S-ranks do grind high and have some nice power, but you've got to consider two things about that. First is that you have to waste a LOT of grinders to get them that power. And secondly, there's always a findable weapon (which is usually difficult to find) that is stronger than the equal class S-rank weapon. The biggest problem with the S-rank weapons is that they cannot have percents. This makes a weaker weapon actually have the ability to be stronger if it comes with decent percents.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 9, 2003, 08:42 PM
S ranks are both collectors items and nostalgic items for veteran C mode players from the DC. Anyway who wouldn't want and entire (insert name here) wearpon set?

BeatZero
Mar 9, 2003, 10:27 PM
they are powerfull max grinded (mechs add 110 atp)

TeamPhalanx
Mar 9, 2003, 10:33 PM
They do suck. The only people that say they don't are those in complete denial of the facts.

Zeebo
Mar 9, 2003, 10:39 PM
Collecters Addition!

Auracom
Mar 10, 2003, 12:47 AM
Don't think we can use em online anyways.

Tulathis
Mar 10, 2003, 01:51 AM
I do plan to get at least one of each, just like I did on the Dreamcast.

Just out of curiosity, what did you name all those?

I managed to get four or five s-ranks on DC, but they were a lot more useful then. The s-rank spread was broken, and the s-rank mechgun was the best force weapon in the game. I think if I got one now I'd have to go for the shot. Then maybe the axe, but just so I could call it Golden Axe.

VulpesMundi
Mar 10, 2003, 02:06 AM
I named the original 24 VULPINE *TYPE*, for a unique way to say foxy. Because the J-Cutter was NO-TYPE only I just called it a SHURIKEN. After I had one of each (all 25) I started collecting all the S-ranks useable by a HUnewearl for my flagship ver.2 character StarrLight. I named all those STARRFOX *TYPE*. In total I wound up earning 40 S-ranks on ver.2. I had gotten bored with playing the regular game and pretty much spent almost all my online time playing C-mode (when I wasn't standing around in a lobby chatting that is). When I finished one character I'd delete it and start a new one. I played a fair amount of Time Attack in ver.2, as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: For this version I'm just naming all the original weapons VULPINE *TYPE* again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-09 23:11 ]</font>

Tulathis
Mar 10, 2003, 02:09 AM
^ Damn, I thought I was HC. =)

Elusive_Llama
Mar 10, 2003, 01:27 PM
You know it's sad when a common 9* Dragonslayer is only 20 ATP weaker than the 12* S-rank Partisan (and that's not including %s the DS could have).

Savrak
Mar 11, 2003, 02:24 AM
Really are for Nostalgia. That's the first thing I'm doing once i finally get online is get a SRank. Are all the Cmode bugs fixed? And is the Cmode community as big as it was on DC?

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 11, 2003, 02:57 AM
well if you get the s rank sword max grinded it is more powerfull then dark flow and with a 3 hit combo
this is the only time ill say f--- %

VulpesMundi
Mar 11, 2003, 03:08 AM
On 2003-03-10 23:24, Savrak wrote:
Really are for Nostalgia. That's the first thing I'm doing once i finally get online is get a SRank. Are all the Cmode bugs fixed? And is the Cmode community as big as it was on DC?

Nope, all the bugs are still there. The usual recommendation is to use either a low level character or a character that you don't plan to level at all so you don't risk losing your progress.

C-mode is gaining in popularity, but there was a lot more support for it back on ver.2. I remember when as many as five blocks would be filled with C-mode players. Nowadays on E1&2 I've seen no more than two full blocks.