PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Load Failed. The save data is corrupted.

Khabarakh
Oct 6, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm going to throw up. I have a level 92, a 100, a 40... thats alot of time, like around 300 hours. Is there anything that can be done to save it? I was switching from UMD to digital, and suddenly its corrupted. even when loading the UMD again.

UPDATE: I found a guide, and it actually worked. now I have a rediculous amount of high level characters, and I don't know who to use anymore. lol.

A level 100 RAcaseal - Soap
A level 90 Humarl - Fir
A level 91 VAbeast - Vorcannon
A level 54 HUcast - Vidofnir

Vidof is the most fun to use - I didn't realise how rediculously strong male casts are compared to everything else. My lv 100 only has 504 ATK, and he has like 450ish. Seems kinda... unbalanced. Although his EVA is like 60. ouch.

OriginalB
Oct 6, 2010, 11:39 AM
You should have backed up a save.

Khabarakh
Oct 6, 2010, 11:49 AM
You should have backed up a save.

Thanks. well I didn't. why would it suddenly be corrupted? I didn't do anything, except download the digital version from psn. great way to show your thanks to me for buying the game twice, sonic team.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Oct 6, 2010, 12:12 PM
corruption with memory cards does happen, you should have done a back up save.
Nothing you can do., oh and its not Sonic teams fault....................

Chaotik
Oct 6, 2010, 12:32 PM
Damn ... my deepest condolences, mate. I don't think there's much you can do, if you didn't backup the save >x

Still, there's some things you could try, but I seriously doubt they will work, honestly. For example, you could check the MS using Windows built-in disc error repair.

Google also helps: http://www.google.pt/#num=100&hl=pt-PT&safe=off&biw=1503&bih=634&q=repairing+corrupted+psp+save&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=b10d53d5ad379840

Ambrai
Oct 6, 2010, 12:33 PM
*goes to backup his save*

Majin Crystalia
Oct 6, 2010, 12:44 PM
This stuff happens randomly. Hell I remember when a PS2 demo wiped memory cards clean.

Ambrai
Oct 6, 2010, 12:48 PM
This is going to show my age...

The worst save incident for me was when the battery in my gold plated Legend of Zelda cart for NES died and I lost all my saves...

Majin Crystalia
Oct 6, 2010, 12:55 PM
This is going to show my age...

The worst save incident for me was when the battery in my gold plated Legend of Zelda cart for NES died and I lost all my saves...

-pat pat- Same here. Also happened to my original copy of Link's Awakening on the BrickBoy.

marc110
Oct 6, 2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks. well I didn't. why would it suddenly be corrupted? I didn't do anything, except download the digital version from psn. great way to show your thanks to me for buying the game twice, sonic team.

did you try the save with the umb version , next time just use the save with one or the other

Cron-Z
Oct 6, 2010, 02:17 PM
This stuff happens randomly. Hell I remember when a PS2 demo wiped memory cards clean.

Those were the days.

blazingsonic
Oct 6, 2010, 02:18 PM
What brand of Memory Stick did you use?

Khabarakh
Oct 6, 2010, 05:13 PM
its a sandisk, magicgate supported 8 gb.

Shakuri
Oct 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
Happened to me as well a while back, lost a 200, a 112 and a 70. Lesson learned, I make a back up every week.

Kurosu
Oct 6, 2010, 05:40 PM
You might still be able to recover corrupted data though, read about people doing it in other games like Monster Hunter.
So it's a good idea to search around a bit on the web if you've had so many hours invested.

Ovada
Oct 6, 2010, 05:41 PM
*goes to backup his save*

Ditto, dude. Ditto. I just hit 175 hours, I'mma learn from this!

Seasqwaa
Oct 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
This is a horrible occurrence, I know!

Back on PSO GC I found my fairly well leveled cast warrior with four slots of god power and various rares gone.

I learned my lesson there, but I suppose experience is the best way to remember!

I hope something works on recovering that.
Sometimes it works out well!

Dracos
Oct 6, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ditto, dude. Ditto. I just hit 175 hours, I'mma learn from this!

Just did the same thing as well, minus 100 hours though

Maiku-san
Oct 7, 2010, 02:54 AM
I wonder if you could just move the character data from the PSP's Memory drive into the computer, then wipe the card clean of all data. Then you could either format it, start a new file, import/overwrite the new data with just the character data from your computer.

I'm not sure if that'd work or not. You could also try putting that character data on another memory card too. I'm just blurting suggestions that may help, unless someone already has experienced these and know that they didn't work.

I always hear that formatting memory cards is a way of getting rid of other internal corruptions not associated with the data itself.

GeoSword
Oct 7, 2010, 03:54 AM
Those were the days.

If I recall that was the Viewtiful Joe demo that killed the PS2 MemCards. I remember SoulCalibur 3 had that problem as well, though not as severe.

DreXxiN
Oct 7, 2010, 04:19 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear man. But really please don't blame sega for it, it's not their fault and there's nothing they can do to remedy the situation.

Xelor
Oct 7, 2010, 06:19 AM
When my Monster Hunter file got corrupted switching from UMD to digital, what I did was save that corrupted file on my computer and reformatted my memory stick. If that doesn't work, try using the save data on another memory stick.

The point is, sometimes the memory stick THINKS the memory data is corrupted. So you have to mess around and see if it's really right or wrong. Usually when switching from UMD to digital copies of the game, it confuses the memory stick.

Anyways, next time you switch from umd to digital or vice versa, backup your save. And once you invest in 100+ hours, backup your save regardless.

Cron-Z
Oct 7, 2010, 08:25 AM
If I recall that was the Viewtiful Joe demo that killed the PS2 MemCards. I remember SoulCalibur 3 had that problem as well, though not as severe.

Those two and the Rayman 3 demo, but the one on the PSM Demo disc not the OPM one.

kawaiitora
Oct 7, 2010, 08:42 AM
I wrote a batch script (with aloooot of help) a few days ago just to prevent this kind of data loss for myself and my guild. It makes backing up and restoring data a breeze and even enables or disables DLC... I've been backing up religiously since the demo so... x.x I feel your pain, but, I figured out backing up regularly was a good idea back in PSO E1&2 after losing a lv 135 humar.
I suggest at the very least downloading Sony's Media Go which helps automate backing up your data.

chibiLegolas
Oct 7, 2010, 11:50 AM
Ah...
The Dreamcast days....
Talk about corrupt saved data. Ever since then, it's taught me to endure lost characters since there wastn't much you can do to prevent it. There's a few tips, but no sure fire way to avoid it.
I'm just glad we can back up our files now.

So sorry to hear about your lost. Believe me, I know your pain.
*pat on back*

ryokojr
Oct 7, 2010, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure you did what I had done many times on PSO. Power off/quit while saving.

Trying to fix corruption is futile

Zarode
Oct 7, 2010, 05:21 PM
Run Windows Error Checking on your memory stick. Tell it to scan and repair bad sectors.

funkyskunk
Oct 8, 2010, 07:36 AM
Ugh, I would not touch your memory stick. Stop writing to it and doing disk checks and get yourself a data recovery program.

My PSP froze during the save process and when I rebooted there was no sign of my save on the card. My most recent backup was 2 weeks previous so I found a fat recovery program and hidden in the MS file structure was a folder called something like OVERWRITE_0002323 which looked like a PSP2 save. I managed to extract that corrupted / hidden data and didnt lose anything.

Running disk check will fix this corrupted / hidden data and you will never be able to get it back. As soon as a MS corrupts, stop writing to it, you may be able to recover some if not all of the data.

If you were using the M33 CFW plug-in to play the UMD then this plug-in corrupts saves. You can use an app called deemer to sort that out. Let me know if you need more info.

Edmantium
Oct 8, 2010, 10:48 AM
Ugh, I would not touch your memory stick. Stop writing to it and doing disk checks and get yourself a data recovery program.

My PSP froze during the save process and when I rebooted there was no sign of my save on the card. My most recent backup was 2 weeks previous so I found a fat recovery program and hidden in the MS file structure was a folder called something like OVERWRITE_0002323 which looked like a PSP2 save. I managed to extract that corrupted / hidden data and didnt lose anything.

Running disk check will fix this corrupted / hidden data and you will never be able to get it back. As soon as a MS corrupts, stop writing to it, you may be able to recover some if not all of the data.

If you were using the M33 CFW plug-in to play the UMD then this plug-in corrupts saves. You can use an app called deemer to sort that out. Let me know if you need more info.

Any program you can recommend? I was playing online last night when my battery died, so I hooked it into the charger, and after it came back it froze during the save. Turned it back on and there was no save data, it's been corrupted.

80+ hours wasted unless I can get it back somehow.

Khabarakh
Oct 8, 2010, 11:28 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear man. But really please don't blame sega for it, it's not their fault and there's nothing they can do to remedy the situation.
I'm not saying its sega's fault. It just seems very strange that immediately after changing mediums, my data was corrupted. Even when switching back to umd.

Masterflower
Oct 8, 2010, 11:58 AM
Idk if this would help but there is a program called "Savedata Decrypter." There was a issue with the Gen CFW where save datas would appear corrupted on the PSP. And that lil program would "fix" the save files so that it would work with the CFW. There is a semi EN one but its primarily in Japanese. Its worth a try I think.

Khabarakh
Oct 8, 2010, 04:00 PM
When my Monster Hunter file got corrupted switching from UMD to digital, what I did was save that corrupted file on my computer and reformatted my memory stick. If that doesn't work, try using the save data on another memory stick.

The point is, sometimes the memory stick THINKS the memory data is corrupted. So you have to mess around and see if it's really right or wrong. Usually when switching from UMD to digital copies of the game, it confuses the memory stick.

Anyways, next time you switch from umd to digital or vice versa, backup your save. And once you invest in 100+ hours, backup your save regardless.

If this works im gonna burst a blood vessel. I'm trying it

UberRottweiler
Oct 8, 2010, 04:13 PM
This is really frustrating, I lost my main character from Game Cube's PSO ep. 1 & 2 It was a sad day because I lost a HUCast lvl178 RACast lvl146 and a FOnewearl lvl120 almost 1000 hours of game play were sudenly lost :C, thats why I always backup my PSP save data files every 2-3 days.

8BitGinno
Oct 8, 2010, 04:15 PM
I've found way too many goods recently to lose it all.

Though I am sorry for your loss, It has reminded me to back that data up! :-x

Khabarakh
Oct 8, 2010, 04:22 PM
Idk if this would help but there is a program called "Savedata Decrypter." There was a issue with the Gen CFW where save datas would appear corrupted on the PSP. And that lil program would "fix" the save files so that it would work with the CFW. There is a semi EN one but its primarily in Japanese. Its worth a try I think.

well I tried it but I have no idea how to use it because it's in japanese. lol.

EDIT: just realised that it doesnt even say corrupted. it appears to be just fine in the XMB. Also, I'm not a GEN user, im a 6.31official user. *leSigh*.

Masterflower
Oct 8, 2010, 08:28 PM
well I tried it but I have no idea how to use it because it's in japanese. lol.

EDIT: just realised that it doesnt even say corrupted. it appears to be just fine in the XMB. Also, I'm not a GEN user, im a 6.31official user. *leSigh*.

I used it as an example really lol but if it appears fine in the Save Data Utility Folder, then the save should be fine. Tho the UMD to Digital Copy to UMD, shouldnt really matter to a save file since a save file has nothing to do with game itself other then tell the game that this info is available to use and load.

Complex_Jao
Oct 11, 2010, 10:04 PM
how do you backup save data anyway

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
enter to your psp via usb from your computer look for the savedata folder in the psp folder and copy that to your pc....

also get media go for easy manage of your psp files

Complex_Jao
Oct 11, 2010, 11:21 PM
ok thank you

marc110
Oct 12, 2010, 05:05 AM
I'm going to throw up. I have a level 92, a 100, a 40... thats alot of time, like around 300 hours. Is there anything that can be done to save it? I was switching from UMD to digital, and suddenly its corrupted. even when loading the UMD again.

which make memery sitck do you have , this has never happend to me

i have a sandisk

Akaiyou
Oct 12, 2010, 08:58 PM
why don't you just cheat your way back up to where u were?

If there's one thing cheats are actually 'good' for is for helping people in your scenario. You put in the hard work, you deserve to be able to regain some of it.
Those levels are easily achieved via cheats, and your Type Extend as well.
However the items you will have to play through normally but at least it wont be a total loss of 300 hours of character building and hard work.

Unless you have that much free time to spare.

Fhin
Oct 13, 2010, 06:31 AM

If there's one thing cheats are actually 'good' for is for helping people in your scenario. You put in the hard work, you deserve to be able to regain some of it.
However the items you will have to play through normally but at least it wont be a total loss of 300 hours of character building and hard work.

Cheating seems to be the solution for everything, eh?
People who really like the game just PLAY it again and for cheats being "actually good"...that's just BS. (Yeah, it's kinda "hard" if you lose a few 100 hours of gameplay but that's no excuse for using cheats.)
I don't know if other people here think the same way but I would appreciate it not to mention that cheats are "good".
It's just taking advantage of game mechanics which is dumb in 99% of all cases.

Kthxbai.

funkyskunk
Oct 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
Any program you can recommend? I was playing online last night when my battery died, so I hooked it into the charger, and after it came back it froze during the save. Turned it back on and there was no save data, it's been corrupted.

80+ hours wasted unless I can get it back somehow.

Sorry for the slow response. Your best bet is just do a search on google for FAT recovery programs.

This looks similar to the one I used:

http://download.cnet.com/Data-Doctor-Recovery-Pen-Drive/3000-2242_4-10700114.html

If you are still struggling, maybe I can upload the program that worked for me. I had to try 4 different ones before I found one that would recover it for free ;-)

Ami
Oct 13, 2010, 06:59 AM

No, just no.

Lemme tell you something. I HAD GOTTEN CORRUPTED DATA ONCE BEFORE. On my JPN file. During the last week of MAX event. Do you know how that felt? I had just recently got to 100 as well. Around 100 or so hours, gone in a matter of seconds. Saying I felt like sad is a major understatement. And guess what? I didn't cheat my way through. Yes, I can admit that it was a hassle to put in those hours again. But I had friends to help me out. And I got to 100 faster by my friends helping me running than what any cheat could bring me. And those same people are some of the best friends I've come across.

(....btw, I'm level. 154 HU 30 on the jpn file that was first corrupted, no cheats needed. And it only took me a month to get to 100 with runs. In my US, I'm already on 92. It's not like it's hard to level up.)

I can say with confidence that you'll feel much more accomplished getting the levels again legit, than just "OHAY LEMME LOAD UP SOME CHEATS HERE KAY?". Besides, when the game rewards you with a title for putting in 200 hours on a character, I would think it would be no problem to put in the hours again. Not really anything to brag about saying that you just cheated to get to a certain level. At least not from me, I would simply laugh and call you lame and tell you to GTFO. WHY YES, I am quite mean at times....but I digress

It's pretty horrible enough that the party rooms are asking for hackers and people are delivering it. But actually advocating the use of cheats? That's just stupid. Under no circumstance should cheats ever be advocated good to use. If your data is corrupted, load up a back up. If you don't have one, chalk it up as a lost and a lesson to always make back up data.

And apparently....you don't know that when it comes to Phantasy Star, some people can make time.

Kurosu
Oct 13, 2010, 07:47 AM
That guy is just a troll, in the other thread he's saying that he wants to apologize for the damage from a cheat he supposedly spread, and here he's saying the opposite again. :)

Since he got you to write such a long text, I guess he must be feeling pretty satisfied now.

Ami
Oct 13, 2010, 07:49 AM
That guy is just a troll, in the other thread he's saying that he wants to apologize for the damage from a cheat he supposedly spread, and here he's saying the opposite again. :)

Since he got you to write such a long text, I guess he must be feeling pretty satisfied now.
NAH, I needed to bitch at something. He just seemed perfect. And I meant to answer OPs post for a while.

NINJA EDIT: I'm actually quite grateful for trolls. They relieve some good tension on forums. And they make the ones who are really are sarcastic (like myself) look damn good 8)

marc110
Oct 13, 2010, 08:00 AM
use a sony or sandisk memory stick , mine has never corrupted

if your useing a cheap memory stick what do your really expect , i tryed this on a really cheap stick and it fails to load all the time

Yuber
Oct 13, 2010, 11:22 AM
No, just no.

Lemme tell you something. I HAD GOTTEN CORRUPTED DATA ONCE BEFORE. On my JPN file. During the last week of MAX event. Do you know how that felt? I had just recently got to 100 as well. Around 100 or so hours, gone in a matter of seconds. Saying I felt like sad is a major understatement. And guess what? I didn't cheat my way through. Yes, I can admit that it was a hassle to put in those hours again. But I had friends to help me out. And I got to 100 faster by my friends helping me running than what any cheat could bring me. And those same people are some of the best friends I've come across.

(....btw, I'm level. 154 HU 30 on the jpn file that was first corrupted, no cheats needed. And it only took me a month to get to 100 with runs. In my US, I'm already on 92. It's not like it's hard to level up.)

I can say with confidence that you'll feel much more accomplished getting the levels again legit, than just "OHAY LEMME LOAD UP SOME CHEATS HERE KAY?". Besides, when the game rewards you with a title for putting in 200 hours on a character, I would think it would be no problem to put in the hours again. Not really anything to brag about saying that you just cheated to get to a certain level. At least not from me, I would simply laugh and call you lame and tell you to GTFO. WHY YES, I am quite mean at times....but I digress

It's pretty horrible enough that the party rooms are asking for hackers and people are delivering it. But actually advocating the use of cheats? That's just stupid. Under no circumstance should cheats ever be advocated good to use. If your data is corrupted, load up a back up. If you don't have one, chalk it up as a lost and a lesson to always make back up data.

And apparently....you don't know that when it comes to Phantasy Star, some people can make time.

*claps, and walks away*

Akaiyou
Oct 16, 2010, 10:14 AM
Ah so im a troll now i truly do hate forums some times people behind computers act like a bunch of 5 year olds.

So here's my grown up reply to those silly comments to the OP.

Listen don't worry about what a bunch of elitist think or feel on the subject. It's your game enjoy it as you choose to that's why you got it. If you've got the spare time to re-run everything and start over then by all means feel free to do so if thats what you personally want to do.

However if you do NOT share this sentiment then don't hesitate to drop in a cheat to regain some of your past glory and hard earned work. Just make sure to do it in single player mode only if you choose to do so. It's perfectly understandable that not everyone is still in junior high school and thus not able to drop in 100 hours of game play at the drop of a hat.

To each his own, do what you feel suits YOU most.

Relix-X.0
Oct 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
I remember when the GC 1019 memory card, with not only my PSO 1-3 files were on, but every other game I owned was corrupted and wiped everything from it. I gave up after only redoing half of all that. I can feel the pain.

But while we're on the subject of data corruption, has anyone had any problems with the install data? I got the UMD and on a very random basis the install data will get corrupted. Thankfully the save data doesn't corrupt, but this has me worried. Its on a Sony 4 gig stick. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

marc110
Oct 16, 2010, 12:09 PM
I remember when the GC 1019 memory card, with not only my PSO 1-3 files were on, but every other game I owned was corrupted and wiped everything from it. I gave up after only redoing half of all that. I can feel the pain.

But while we're on the subject of data corruption, has anyone had any problems with the install data? I got the UMD and on a very random basis the install data will get corrupted. Thankfully the save data doesn't corrupt, but this has me worried. Its on a Sony 4 gig stick. So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

i told you already and you ignored me , use a sandisk or a sony one only , they work without corruption

Relix-X.0
Oct 16, 2010, 02:54 PM
i told you already and you ignored me , use a sandisk or a sony one only , they work without corruption
I think you missed the part where I said it was a Sony. I'm looking at the stick right now and its a Sony with no doubts in my mind. Hell, I asked for a Sony when I went to buy it.