PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Best uses of extend codes?

Ambrai
Oct 6, 2010, 07:52 PM
I've spent some time searching to see if there is an 'ultimate' list of items to use extend codes on, however I've come up short. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the best uses of extend codes by weapon type?

aduran
Oct 6, 2010, 07:55 PM
IMO, almost all weapons extend well. I look at the extended codes like this, if I like a C, B, A weapon but want it to be used for high level enemies, i usually extend it!

There are really nice looking weapons that should have been S.

Infinite Eternity
Oct 6, 2010, 07:57 PM
I look at the ACC when trying to extend. I don't care if I don't hit as best I can as long as I have the ability to hit.

Roontek
Oct 6, 2010, 08:19 PM
I look at the ACC when trying to extend. I don't care if I don't hit as best I can as long as I have the ability to hit.

Same I look for ACC primarily.

TheAstarion
Oct 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
I look for available status effects.

Ophidian Medusa (lv100 sword whip, lv 4 poison) > Ouroboros (lv 150 sword whip, lv 1 death) due to the possibility of lv 4 stun, for instance.

Kubara things tend to extend well, in general... Twin Falclaws are an excellent example, going up to over 700 ATP with lv 3 stun. The Kokintou Hozuki only gets a lv1 status effect if you extend it straight away, but can have a lv5 one if you wait until you unseal it before extending. If something has a high level SE to begin with, it'll probably keep that level when you change the effect itself during extension.

Ambrai
Oct 6, 2010, 09:48 PM
I look for available status effects.

Ophidian Medusa (lv100 sword whip, lv 4 poison) > Ouroboros (lv 150 sword whip, lv 1 death) due to the possibility of lv 4 stun, for instance.

Kubara things tend to extend well, in general... Twin Falclaws are an excellent example, going up to over 700 ATP with lv 3 stun. The Kokintou Hozuki only gets a lv1 status effect if you extend it straight away, but can have a lv5 one if you wait until you unseal it before extending. If something has a high level SE to begin with, it'll probably keep that level when you change the effect itself during extension.

These are the exact things I'm looking for, and I thank you for them.

I'm a min/maxer, I will spend countless hours hunting and upgrading that one ultimate weapon for each type, I just want to make sure I don't waste valuable extend codes on the wrong items.

Temprus
Oct 6, 2010, 10:05 PM
These are the exact things I'm looking for, and I thank you for them.

I'm a min/maxer, I will spend countless hours hunting and upgrading that one ultimate weapon for each type, I just want to make sure I don't waste valuable extend codes on the wrong items.

Same here. In fact, finding out there was a Poron-Poron pretty much froze any thought of using any of my three free extend codes. I was planning on using one on a Poron because I thought it looked awesome. But.. then while looking for all the drill weapons for someone on GameFAQs, I saw it's better version. ^^;

Koiwai_Keiji
Oct 7, 2010, 12:07 AM
I've spent some time searching to see if there is an 'ultimate' list of items to use extend codes on, however I've come up short. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the best uses of extend codes by weapon type?

Extending is always good, the stronger/higher the grade the weapon is, the less of a boost it gets. For example 15* weapons will gain probably 15-20 atp, while lower ranked ones gain more. Essentially they're trying to catch up the weapons stat wise to be equivalent to s-ranks.

One that boosts well is the sword Kokuintou Houzuki (unsealed). Other weapons, if you consider that there's combination armor/weapon, might be good ones to extend like sange yasha, agito repca, drill knuckles, niren kamui. Then there are some weapons that have higher than usual SE, like the tsumikiri hyori.

You can't go wrong with extending something you like, if you need more extend codes you could always go through cmode, its a lot of fun.

Alexandria
Oct 7, 2010, 12:10 AM
I'd say weapons with Incapacitate are probably the BEST use of ones. Like Saika Hyori (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Saika_Hyori), or Demon's Devastation (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Demon's_Devastation). Then perhaps ones with Stun, if they have a lot of hits. Like a double saber, or whip.

Infinite Eternity
Oct 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
You can't go wrong with extending something you like, if you need more extend codes you could always go through cmode, its a lot of fun.Not necessarily true. If something lacks enough ACC and you can't make up for it in your build it may have been a waste.

Alexandria
Oct 7, 2010, 12:20 AM
Not necessarily true. If something lacks enough ACC and you can't make up for it in your build it may have been a waste.

ATA ain't a problem after 100 or so, dood. I'm a Beast VG, and I hit level 185's fine with only 500-some ATA.

Koiwai_Keiji
Oct 7, 2010, 12:21 AM
Not necessarily true. If something lacks enough ACC and you can't make up for it in your build it may have been a waste.

What's the use of a build that can't use the weapons they like?

Infinite Eternity
Oct 7, 2010, 12:50 AM
What's the use of a build that can't use the weapons they like?Might just be me since I'm complicated but it's taking a choice of building around a play style or building around a favorite weapon.