PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 level 58 RAmar, still has no RA mag?

Chukie sue
Oct 7, 2010, 12:31 AM
I havent found one yet, and Ive looked in the shop and I couldn't buy one.

Just wondering if Joe-Shmo generally would have found by now...

Mike
Oct 7, 2010, 12:37 AM
Is this supposed to be on the Zero board?

Chukie sue
Oct 7, 2010, 03:29 PM
Nope. Im assuming classes aren't labeled like that in PS:P2? :o

I was told there were two types of mags: Tech mags and Ranger mags.

Temprus
Oct 7, 2010, 03:46 PM
Well, R-mags use to be knows as RCSMs (short for ranged combat support machine), but you should see plenty of them drop or even be buyable.

pso_crash
Oct 7, 2010, 03:47 PM
according to psupedia there is one available in the weapon shop after completing chapter 1 in story mode.
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Duke

bscit
Oct 7, 2010, 03:51 PM
Didnt know r mags were for this purpose ( thought they were for technics). So what is better?
A handgun with a dagger or a handgun with an r mag?

Pavichokche
Oct 7, 2010, 03:57 PM
You cannot have a handgun with an r mag because they are both reserved for the left hand. A handgun with a dagger could work out well, just like it would with a saber. R-mag's (I find) are good to use when you can't think of anything else to put along with a right-hand weapon. But they can also be handy to put with a wand that you use rarely. This way in the few seconds that you use the want the r-mag can deal a bit of damage. That's called multitasking xD

You should be seeing MANY r-mags in the store. I finished chapter 3 with my vanguard and there are 6 available already.

Hrith
Oct 7, 2010, 04:18 PM
You're better off without them, anyway, especially as ranger.

8BitGinno
Oct 7, 2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I've used my ranger quite a bit and I've found no use for them.

They're probably better suited for another class, if at all.

Temprus
Oct 7, 2010, 04:40 PM
Someone at GameFAQS was thinking about using one like OpaOpa with a dagger for combos.

Apparently though, if an R-mag strikes after you use a support Technic on the Triangle, it will break the combo.

pso_crash
Oct 7, 2010, 04:41 PM
I like them for applying status effects and building chains.

Hrith
Oct 7, 2010, 04:42 PM
They used to have some uses on melee classes, but shields are way better, now.

They are still nice when paired with a slicer, but slicers in this game are utter crap, so...

Although I guess the 15* RCSM could be useful for its Lv3 incapacitate SE ;s

ryokojr
Oct 7, 2010, 05:07 PM
I'm not a fan or RCSM's Grenade Launcher + Double Pistol FTW

Mike
Oct 7, 2010, 07:47 PM
Nope. Im assuming classes aren't labeled like that in PS:P2? :o

I was told there were two types of mags: Tech mags and Ranger mags.
Ah, I see. They aren't actually mags so when you said RA mag, I thought you meant a mag fed the proper items to make it useful for a ranger. They don't call the RCSMs (shadoogs) or TCSMs (madoogs) mags in the English version now, do they?

Temprus
Oct 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
They don't ccall the RSCMs (shadoogs) or TSCMs (madoogs) mags in the English version now, do they?

Well....

Duke
"GRM's ranged combat support device, commonly known as an R-Mag."

^^

Mike
Oct 7, 2010, 08:17 PM
Well....

Duke
"GRM's ranged combat support device, commonly known as an R-Mag."

^^
The more I hear, the more I lose faith in SoA's abilitiy to properly translate things with continuity. Haaaaa.

Anyways, I'm hoping these get tuned up a bit in Infinity so they aren't nearly as useless as they are in PSP2.

terrell707
Oct 8, 2010, 09:25 AM
The more I hear, the more I lose faith in SoA's abilitiy to properly translate things with continuity. Haaaaa.

Anyways, I'm hoping these get tuned up a bit in Infinity so they aren't nearly as useless as they are in PSP2.

That, Whips, SLicers, and Tech-Mags. :) lol

Calsetes
Oct 8, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think my ranger has two r-mags on her, but they're set up on her claw and whip setups. I have a unique ranger.