PDA

View Full Version : How often do rare monsters show up?

gameaddict9
Mar 4, 2001, 05:09 PM
I hear everybody talking about Al Rappy and hildablue. I've never......EEEVVVEERRRR seen one! I've played on the game for about 70-80 hours, and never seen one. Exactly HOW rare are these rare monsters. I really wanna see one and get whatever he drops.

Glider
Mar 4, 2001, 06:58 PM
In my 140+ hours of gameplay (Im level 85 now) I've only seen two al rappys. I would've seen a red lilly buy some idiot had to blow the thing up in two seconds....

Red_Ring_Rico
Mar 4, 2001, 07:07 PM
ive only seen one rare monster, the nar lily. it dropped a hero/ability. i never saw any other rare monsters and i have 140 hours in the game.

Zero101
Mar 4, 2001, 08:41 PM
In my 100 hours of game time, I have seen 2 Nar Lilys. So they are pretty rare

Eugirdor
Mar 4, 2001, 09:04 PM
In my 120+ hours of playing I have seen 1 Hidleblue (sp?) and 1 Nar Lily. The Hildleblue dropped a SPECIAL WEAPON, but someone else picked it up, and the Nar Lily dropped a Hero/Ability.

Aberu
Mar 4, 2001, 09:07 PM
dang it i have 115 hrs and im at level 61 and i havent found ANY freagin rare monsters, and i finally got to get the chance to get a super rare (delsaber's right arm) and all of a sudden i was full on items right before and someone else took it shortly followed by a remark from me... "baka!!!!" anyways haha enough about my life i want to see a hildablu or al rappy for the weapon and the mag cell jus so i can take it b4 anyone else has a chance hehe.

BlitzGott
Mar 4, 2001, 09:09 PM
It sounds like Nar Lily's drop Hero/Ability's more than anything else. Nearly everyone I talk to that has killed one said it dropped a Hero/Ability. I wish I could find one.

Rei
Mar 4, 2001, 09:43 PM
110 hours, never seen one.......
You guys can laugh at me, hehe.

Stinger
Mar 4, 2001, 10:56 PM
Im at lv100 and played PSO for about 250 houres and the only rare monster i saw was a Blue Rappy.......tststs so it seems that the rare monsters are realy realy rare......

DarkWolf
Mar 5, 2001, 02:42 AM
I've played about 110 hours, and level 53 or so (lost track), and I've seen one Al Rappy, however, my husband, Akillies has a level 29 hunter and played about (i dunno, guessing) about 30 hours, if that, and has killed four Al Rappies and three Nar Lillies. I'm Purplenum, and he's Whitill. Go figure.

Time to kick butt and chew gum...
And I'm all outta gum...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DarkWolf on 2001-03-04 23:45 ]</font>

forte
Mar 5, 2001, 03:04 AM
Hero/Ability????
I feel pretty ripped off in about 80 combined hours of gameplay i've seen one rare monster - a nar lily .. and it dropped the greatest thing you could imagine, A dimate.
I'm almost positive this was on hard diff.

mj23thegoat
Mar 5, 2001, 03:05 AM
in my 170+ hours ive only seen 1 rare poofilly slime. i was like level 20 and didnt think anything of the different colored slime.

Manny
Mar 5, 2001, 03:10 AM
In my 160 hours i have found a nar lily a pouliffly(wrong spelling) slime and a few death gunners.

Xbob42
Mar 5, 2001, 04:24 AM
200 hours and not ONE monster spotted.

Naylor007
Mar 5, 2001, 06:09 AM
I have 4 characters and a total of 240 hours in all and I have seen one nar lily, and it dropped a master/ability. The section ID of the character was Oran.

OmegaOni
Mar 5, 2001, 06:15 AM
I've played 100 hours...about 80 online. I've seen a Nar Lilly, HildeBlue, and a Al Ruppy. They are all the same in appearance except for color and the amount of damage that they can take...Each time I saw these I wasen't touched once and I don't believe I had missed once...Maybe this is a way to get them to appear. (Al Ruppy's on VHARD drop FLOWENS SHIELDS)

Shado
Mar 5, 2001, 06:49 AM
Ironically, within my 1st couple of hours of playing, I encountered a Al Rappy. (Thankfully I had found a lvl 1 Zonde...I couldn't hurt it with my sabre.) Nice experience, but didn't drop anything worth noting. Ever since though, it's been fairly routine encounters.

Josh
Mar 5, 2001, 06:55 AM
In my 115+ hours, I believe I've seen one Al Rappy online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Raxx
Mar 5, 2001, 07:03 AM
I have about 80 hours on my main guy level 47 I have seen 1 Al Rappy and that was at level 30 the second time I played Hard offline, it dropped a REGEN GEAR. My other character had 30 hours or so before he got deleted and he had seen 0 monsters.

Nowyn
Mar 5, 2001, 07:34 AM
I've seen an AI Rappy as well as one Nar Lily, killed them both but me friends grabbed the stuff before I got close, I've played something like 80 hours or so, Im Whitill ID

Arazial
Mar 5, 2001, 07:49 AM
Well I have two characters a level 83 and a level 70. I have a total of over 225 hours played... and have NEVER seen ANY rare monsters... My section ids are yellowboze (83) and Whitill (for the 70). Is there some trick to seeing these? I hear they are mostly found in the forest on vhard, (like mag cells) But a few nights ago (like many nights) i was DETERMINED to find a mag cell. And went through the vhard forest 38 times in a row. All i got out of it was 21 dragonslayers. And i've done this many times. So no mag cells, and no rare monsters. So, I think it's just how lucky you are. I know people that have played over 300+ hours and have never gotten any of the SUPER RARES or even seen a mag cell or rare monster. It's basically like winning the lottery. You can buy 50000 tickets and lose and someone get's 1 and wins.

Xria
Mar 5, 2001, 08:55 AM
in around 170 hours I've seen 1 al rappy and about 8 nar lillys.

The rappy dropped a Flowen's shield and all the nars dropped crap except for 1 which gave me a hero ability.

ITR0014
Mar 5, 2001, 10:21 AM
played bout 70hr killed al rappy, nar lily and a red slime, only thing i got out of it was a flown's shield curtousy of al rappy

Elidyan
Mar 5, 2001, 12:23 PM
Well, I have a FOnewm, played 90 or so hours, and have only seen an Al Rappy once on Hard mode. It dropped a REGEN Gear. I'm still looking though.

DAN
Mar 5, 2001, 12:38 PM
I am a level 55 FOnewn put over 70 hours into the game.I only saw one Nar Lily when I was playing offline. After I killed him. It drop a treasure box and I was so excited. Then when I saw what it was I almost cried. It drop a priest mind +3. =( I still haven't found a double saber,C-Sorcerer's Cane and Opa heart. If anyone could help please let me know

john_galt
Mar 5, 2001, 01:12 PM
Maybe there's something to Whitill!

My lvl 59 Bluefull RAmar with 100 hours of gameplay has never seen a rare monster.

My lvl 6 Whitill RAcaseal, that I just started last night, saw an Al Rappy in her first online game! I started the game, so it was my ID and my hours that counted.

All that waiting for a rare monster, and the dang Al Rappy drops a scape doll!?!

Oh well..

Acel
Mar 5, 2001, 01:21 PM
FYI A Hideblue will ALWAYS drop SouEater. A Nar lily is the most likely moster to drop a Hero/Ability. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 5, 2001, 01:43 PM
In 150 hours of play I encountered 2 Nar Lilys on vhard (both dropped a hero/ability http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif) and a blue Rappy on hard (dropped a regen gear).
I'm Purplenium.

TheHangedMan
Mar 5, 2001, 02:37 PM
300+ hours, and I've had one Al Rappy which I didn't get to see. It was at the very beginning of the forest and ran off before anyone even got to kill it. Two Nar Lilys. Two red slimes. I haven't yet seen a hildeblue or death gunner. The second Nar Lily was the last one I saw, but all it dropped for me was a moon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

The rares also drop from regular monsters on occasion. The last two rares that dropped for me were a flowen's shield from a Booma, and a PW:Vajulla from a claw.

Spike
Mar 5, 2001, 03:10 PM
There definitly might be something to Whitill finding more rare monsters than other ID's. I'm Yellowboze and in my 250+ hours, the only rare monster I've ever saw was in a Whitill game (red Pofuilly Slime).

BigP
Mar 5, 2001, 03:40 PM
I've seen a blue rag rappy that gave me Flowens shield, and 2 red lilys that didnt drop anything. All of this was online.

Skeeve
Mar 5, 2001, 04:03 PM
I have clocked up about 40 hrs and yesterday evening I saw the cyan rag rappy on forest2 normal. On clobbering it I got a scape doll.

I'd never heard of these things and emailed an ml to see if anyone had heard of them and by the time anyone replied I had also seen the odd coloured lily and the red slime, which dropped 982 meseta and an armour plugin respectively.

My character is a greenill RAmar.

Ghost_FaceX
Mar 5, 2001, 04:52 PM
I saw a blue rappy 5 hours into the game but thats the only one.

Star
Mar 5, 2001, 07:46 PM
Heh,wish I had the same luck as all of you,I've got just over 400 total hours and I just saw my first rare,red slime,the day before yesterday,it dropped a flame visit^_^
-Star

gameaddict9
Mar 5, 2001, 10:02 PM
hey, can you all tell me your luck rating? does it even have anything do with finding rare monsters? my luck rating is 22.

Anthroplasm
Mar 5, 2001, 10:35 PM
A Flame Visit?! That's one hella good drop.

Auran
Mar 5, 2001, 10:46 PM
i got 220 hours, i killed red slime, got flame visit, killed red lily got 20k, and killed al rappy and got flowens shield, havent seen the hidebear yet...ID is bluefull

Breza
Mar 6, 2001, 06:59 AM
Been playing for about 95 hours give or take, and I haven't seen one rare monster (that I can remember).

Arcadean
Mar 6, 2001, 07:13 AM
100+ hours and seen the Orange Slime, Al Rappy, Hildeblue thing, and a Nar lily. Do I get a prize?

Spike
Mar 6, 2001, 09:54 AM
My luck has been 100 for a little while now and I still never see any rare monsters. The damn red Pofuilly Slime I saw didn't even drop anything (which pissed me off beyond belief).

PlayaPlaya-PSO
Mar 6, 2001, 03:11 PM
Okay, so here is a spin on this same question. When you have seen these rare monsters, was it ONLINE or OFFLINE? In a quest or normal play?

I have almost 200 hours of game play and not one single rare monster.