PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Funny thought of the day - Stop asking for DLC!

Ambrai
Oct 7, 2010, 02:34 PM
Can you imagine a Maximum Attack on the English servers?

After the event was over we *might* have 120,000 kills ;).

BIG OLAF
Oct 7, 2010, 02:48 PM
I'm about 99% sure that the US/EU version of PSP2 will receive absolutely no DLC or online support, such as patches. We already have all the DLC items in the actual game (save for a few), and SoJ knows that we all have access/have downloaded the JP event missions.

We aren't getting jack sh*t at this point.

Fhin
Oct 7, 2010, 02:50 PM
Maybe if there will be more jpn DL missions, we might can get them as well like the others. ^^;

BIG OLAF
Oct 7, 2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe if there will be more jpn DL missions, we might can get them as well like the others. ^^;

With Infinity coming out in February (for Japan. Probably sometime in 2012 for us..), I doubt there will be anything more for PSP2.

Fhin
Oct 7, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hmm yeah, could be true but at least we should be thankful that we can play the jpn DL missions.

8BitGinno
Oct 7, 2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, even if we don't get any more support for PSP2 I'm satisfied with with being able to play the JP DLC.

But man, dem moon runes. :(

Ethateral
Oct 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
I hope they bring a patch to fix the fact that you can't play Awoken Serpent fully online. I'd like to kill the boss with my friends, kthx.

Temprus
Oct 7, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ummm.... hey Ambrai.

Do you have any DLC?:-P

pso_crash
Oct 7, 2010, 03:44 PM
Sega did everything except put a flashing neon sign telling us that we are not getting any DLC. I'm personally am happy with the game we have. I would have very grateful to have had the side scrolling missions released in the west tho.

Temprus
Oct 7, 2010, 03:57 PM
Plus add to everything that SoA doesn't care that we're using the Japanese DLC and are even testing it themselves... kinda totals it.

Allison_W
Oct 7, 2010, 03:57 PM
If Sega's going to give us Westerners the finger, they will get none of my money. If that means they only peddle to customers they're actually interested in serving, fuck'em.

xBladeM6x
Oct 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
Personally I prefer not getting content updates. Why? Because we got the content they had to wait months for, right out of the box. In some instances, it's even more convenient to obtain these items.

Let alone, even if we are missing anything, we can use their content without time constraints, or limitation. English > Japanese in this case.

TsubasaJ
Oct 7, 2010, 04:17 PM
What gets me is SEGA has done DLC before. It wouldn't be all that hard to translate the files and post them on their website or put them up for free on the PSN. So strange.

xBladeM6x
Oct 7, 2010, 04:21 PM
What gets me is SEGA has done DLC before. It wouldn't be all that hard to translate the files and post them on their website or put them up for free on the PSN. So strange.
I think that it was Ruby who was talking about it being the English branches of Sony, not SEGA that was responsible for regulations causing the International version for not getting content updates / DLC. I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quote within a topic in the last few days, but I'm fairly certain what I read was that.

TsubasaJ
Oct 7, 2010, 04:24 PM
Oiy. Figures that Sony would be behind this. *sigh* Sony can be so problematic. I'm still suprised they're allowing a version of Steam to work on the PS3. Happy, but it's a head scratcher.

Ceresa
Oct 7, 2010, 04:32 PM
I think that it was Ruby who was talking about it being the English branches of Sony, not SEGA that was responsible for regulations causing the International version for not getting content updates / DLC. I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quote within a topic in the last few days, but I'm fairly certain what I read was that.

Plenty of other American PSP games get DLC, even super-niche NISA shit like Disgaea 2 that charges you for some crappy character sprites. Seriously why believe SoA on anything? It's SOJ that controls our updates! It's Sony that doesn't let us update! It's Microsoft that delays our updates! Excuse after excuse, what a worthless company.

xBladeM6x
Oct 7, 2010, 04:41 PM
Plenty of other American PSP games get DLC, even super-niche NISA shit like Disgaea 2 that charges you for some crappy character sprites. Seriously why believe SoA on anything? It's SOJ that controls our updates! It's Sony that doesn't let us update! It's Microsoft that delays our updates! Excuse after excuse, what a worthless company.
Difference is that it's true. Sony and Microsoft can be as stupid as a lobotomized infant. Their business practices and policies on things that go from JP -> any Primarily English speaking country can be extremely biased. I think you forget that Sony is a Japanese made company, and Microsoft is an American made company, and that they both cater more to their roots, and what's popular.

Ceresa
Oct 7, 2010, 04:50 PM
It's true why? Because a PR mouthpiece said so? Disgaea and PSP2 are both laughably unpopular in the West, are both originally a JP game, are both going through sony, and there's bias somehow? PSP2 even had the advantage of a 400k+ sales in JP to use as leverage.

Ambrai
Oct 7, 2010, 05:03 PM
I like how nobody paid attention to the post and the humor of it and instantly went for Sega's throat...

Zarode
Oct 7, 2010, 05:08 PM
Maybe because SEGA IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

*continues to buy products*

Ambrai
Oct 7, 2010, 05:10 PM
Maybe because SEGA IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER.

*continues to buy products*

You have clearly never played a game by NC Soft or Sony Online Entertainment....

Zarode
Oct 7, 2010, 05:11 PM
Do I dare ask? :disapprove:

Ambrai
Oct 7, 2010, 05:25 PM
Do I dare ask? :disapprove:

NC Soft was found to have worked side by side with Korean farmers in their games and allowed them to dominate entire areas if they got a cut of the virtual currency they sold online. They also have 0 support (remember you are paying $14.99/mo to play), and Korea will get a patch 1-2 years before the International server that services everyone outside of Korea.

SOE became famous for the lines 'working as intended', and 'It's your ISP' when people report a bug. Again on horrible support, launches of games that have been viewed as what not to do when launching a MMO (I'm looking at you Vanguard), servers down for weeks at a time, dupe bugs etc etc..... and again, $14.99/mo to play...

Tweengo
Oct 8, 2010, 08:28 AM
I doubt that Infinity (like PSO Plus....damn you Sega) will get a European release. Probably use an excuse like ''Too many languages to translate'' :(