PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Kubara Pricing

r00tabaga
Oct 8, 2010, 03:39 PM
What is the best explanation for why Kubara prices are so different in the NPC shops? You have three replica knuckle models for Tenora, GRM & Yomeii with similar stats, yet two are priced at 32,000 meseta and the third is 1,400 meseta. Is the cheaper any less valuable???

DarkPhoton
Oct 8, 2010, 03:52 PM
I think it is just because most of the replica products originaly could only be obtained through certain DL quests, In order to put them in the game they just threw them in the shop. Unfortunately they didn't change the prices much, as they always sold cheaply. that probably reflects that.

VorpalLord
Oct 8, 2010, 04:57 PM
I think it is just because most of the replica products originaly could only be obtained through certain DL quests, In order to put them in the game they just threw them in the shop. Unfortunately they didn't change the prices much, as they always sold cheaply. that probably reflects that.

That's not it >.>

In the jp game they sold for cheap also, it has nothing to do with dlc.

My understanding of it is, because they are ripoffs of the real thing. Like how people make fake versions of expensive watches and purses irl, and sell them on the street for cheap. As for kabura items that arn't mirrored off an existing weapon(like bil de axe), maybe they are just looked at as collectables to the npcs, and not something you would actually use in battle.

Saito_Forte
Oct 8, 2010, 05:14 PM
I think it has to to on which company who specializes on that particular weapon.

Sabers - GRM replicas are cheaper
Spears - Tenora replicas are cheaper
Daggers - Yohmei replicas are cheaper

I think Slicers are the only weapon where one company has complete control over, so they don't have expensive replicas.
Shields are another, but I don't think you could add any of Kubara knockoff traits to a Shiec.

Temprus
Oct 8, 2010, 05:14 PM
Though they do have a lower grade, so in reality they're really, really useful when you're training in a different type.

terrell707
Oct 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
Do the cheaper ones drain more PP than normal? try that.

Temprus
Oct 8, 2010, 05:49 PM
All Kubara knocks-off drain more and do less PA damage.

Mike
Oct 9, 2010, 06:19 AM
I think it is just because most of the replica products originaly could only be obtained through certain DL quests, In order to put them in the game they just threw them in the shop.
This is almost it. It's not DL quests, but quests like Bruce's Dungeon and Egg Theives.

In the jp game they sold for cheap also, it has nothing to do with dlc.
You're right about the dlc but wrong about the prices. Go back an check. You won't find one replica weapon on sale for under 10,000 meseta in the Japanese version.