PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Force outdamaged by other classes?

frankiezz
Oct 9, 2010, 08:44 PM
Just asking if this is true..

Seth Astra
Oct 9, 2010, 08:47 PM
They do slightly more damage in short bursts, but in the long run, techs do poorly compared to melee or ranged.

frankiezz
Oct 9, 2010, 08:52 PM
So, they're only good for support stuffs and chain building?

Seth Astra
Oct 9, 2010, 08:56 PM
Support... Not really sure, I don't play online. But actually, they suck at chain building, thus dragging them down. Techs drain PP annoyingly fast. However, if you were playing online, I can imagine you'd be pretty powerful, since my FOnewearl can deal high damage with lower chains. Also, for an attack pallet, I recommend setting damgrants to the square button, and a high powered tech of the opposite element as your enemy to the square button.

frankiezz
Oct 9, 2010, 09:03 PM
Do you recommend changing to other classes first for grinding solo? then get back to Force when you have better Technics (Past Level 21) in hand?

Off-topic: Where can I find the "Introduction Thread" here? I just joined 15 minutes ago. :) Kinda new.

Nidramag
Oct 9, 2010, 09:10 PM
The PP system of PSPo2 horribly restricts how you can play as a force, in my opinion. It's really the only thing that might have been better about the old weapons having PP system.

However, like all classes, you can find a way to do really well if you know what you're doing. online is better than offline, but you might be stuck feeling like a support mule

Seth Astra
Oct 9, 2010, 09:11 PM
Well, a lot of people recommend at least getting vanguard to level 2, so you get the PP boost. IDK, I don't have much experiance with my force (Char level 9, type level 3).

xBladeM6x
Oct 9, 2010, 09:31 PM
Forces start out not as great, but in the end, they're awesome. Also, go braver for a bit. You get PP Up, then put it on your force. You can also get your technic speed + for all technics as abilities. :-P

Izuna
Oct 9, 2010, 09:38 PM
Techniques are the weakest sort, and hardest to build chains with. Not only that, Forces also do not get EX Traps. They're the worst types in the game, but when it comes to Solo missions you'll be finding every single one easy past CLv130~.

Pavichokche
Oct 9, 2010, 09:40 PM
When they say "for advanced players" they mean it. They also mean, "for players who are looking for a challenge".

terrell707
Oct 9, 2010, 10:18 PM
Forces start out not as great, but in the end, they're awesome. Also, go braver for a bit. You get PP Up, then put it on your force. You can also get your technic speed + for all technics as abilities. :-P

Agreed. Personally i would play as a Vanguard until you get a good majority of your Technics to level 21+. Plus you get the PP Boost abilities and the ability to get a power boost on weapons that are fully grinded, which helps. Also i would equip any units that raise Tech and fill all your slots with them. Also learn how to manage PP. Certain Technics drain PP SO much faster than other Technics. Example: Damgrants will probably drain through all your PP in one full cast. Carrying a double saber,twin sabers, or twin daggers is also a good idea if you wanna get your PP filled back faster. When playing online, Forces are good for helping to build chains (Ra-,Dam-, Megid, Barta, Zonde, and Nos- Technics are good for building chains on a lot of enemies at once) and can deal pretty goodd damage on enemies even with a lower chain (Gi-, Diga, and foie are great chain breakers). Gi-Technics are also VERY good against Dragon bosses since they can hit six spots at once. I also carry a rod of every element just so I'm prepared for any situation and its a lot faster to switch than having to change each Technic on the rod. But overall just play with the class until you find a play method that suits you.

aozora
Oct 10, 2010, 03:04 AM
Agreed. Personally i would play as a Vanguard until you get a good majority of your Technics to level 21+. Plus you get the PP Boost abilities and the ability to get a power boost on weapons that are fully grinded, which helps. Also i would equip any units that raise Tech and fill all your slots with them. Also learn how to manage PP. Certain Technics drain PP SO much faster than other Technics. Example: Damgrants will probably drain through all your PP in one full cast. Carrying a double saber,twin sabers, or twin daggers is also a good idea if you wanna get your PP filled back faster. When playing online, Forces are good for helping to build chains (Ra-,Dam-, Megid, Barta, Zonde, and Nos- Technics are good for building chains on a lot of enemies at once) and can deal pretty goodd damage on enemies even with a lower chain (Gi-, Diga, and foie are great chain breakers). Gi-Technics are also VERY good against Dragon bosses since they can hit six spots at once. I also carry a rod of every element just so I'm prepared for any situation and its a lot faster to switch than having to change each Technic on the rod. But overall just play with the class until you find a play method that suits you.
Best advice I've read in a while. Thanks!

kongajinken
Oct 10, 2010, 11:39 AM
If you going to play a force online I highly suggest you cast zalure on all mobs. Everyone including you will be doing 30% more damage at level 21+(zalure). Not to mention it destroys evasion so the chances of anyone missing drops sharply.

Lolitron
Oct 10, 2010, 12:01 PM
People who say playing a class for the challenge are ridiculous.

If you really want a challenge, hit level 100 and switch to FO Lvl1, play MAX IV on S, and only use a C-rank Crossbow through the whole mission.

That's a serious challenge for you hardcore PSPo2 players.

DreXxiN
Oct 10, 2010, 12:15 PM

If you really want a challenge, hit level 100 and switch to FO Lvl1, play MAX IV on S, and only use a C-rank Crossbow through the whole mission.

That's not blown out of proportion at all.

Less
Oct 10, 2010, 12:19 PM

xD lets try it jk where have u been lol havent u for awhile :-P

Izuna
Oct 10, 2010, 01:12 PM

I would actually be surprised by the fact that they're playing PSPo2 when looking for a challenge...

Magician
Oct 11, 2010, 04:57 AM
Here's a nice way to pad that "most damage" rank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQ1y8OQPNE

Nidramag
Oct 11, 2010, 02:27 PM
yes, because parties love to stand around watching people build a chain to do their immense damage.

to be honest, most classes at 200 will probably be doing a pretty good damage, right?

NDW
Oct 11, 2010, 02:58 PM

YouTube - PSpo2????????30000?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQ1y8OQPNE)

2:53

All I have to say is... wow.

Shade_Koopa
Oct 11, 2010, 07:12 PM
It's all player preference. A class is as good as the player.

Izuna
Oct 11, 2010, 07:14 PM
It's all player preference. A class is as good as the player.

PSPo2 is very unbalanced and very influenced by statistics... an average Vanguard user will complete missions faster than an experienced Force player.

Nidramag
Oct 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
PSPo2 is very unbalanced and very influenced by statistics... an average Vanguard user will complete missions faster than an experienced Force player.
sadly true, and should be balanced.

Pavichokche
Oct 11, 2010, 08:32 PM

YouTube - PSpo2????????30000?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQ1y8OQPNE)

I'm really sorry to bring this up...
This video looks really nice, a force is ramming through the mission by itself doing tremendous damage. And then you notice that the force is about 100 levels above the enemies 0.0 I usually have an easier time beating missions with enemies 20-30 levels below me with my ranger. I'm even more demotivated about forces now :-?

PinkyMonkey
Oct 11, 2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, hunters and rangers are demotivated too (though I still am keeping my ranger a ranger). However I don't see a fix in sight. Then again Sega of America might be more apt to listen to its playerbase if enough people complain. As for now its Vangtasy Guard Portable >.>

Izuna
Oct 11, 2010, 08:53 PM
Rangers are *almost* as good as Vanguards. Shotgun DPS is amazing, and they get 4 EX Traps. Vanguards are clearly better, but Rangers are still top tier.

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2010, 09:03 PM
As for now its Vangtasy Guard Portable >.>

Sad but true. Oh, well. I won't be making a Vanguard, so I'm not worried about it. Everyone else can have their fun with it. The most I'll do is change classes to Vanguard for a bit to get the ability benefits, then switch back to Hunter/Ranger/Force, depending on the character.

Shakuri
Oct 11, 2010, 09:08 PM
They got it right with PSU: AotI post-supplemental update Masterforce, so hopefully they give Forces a good fix in Infinity. If not I'll probably say screw it after one rebirth.

It's fun and can be very effective if you know what you're doing at all, and what Techs are useful and what aren't. But sometimes its a chore, and playing on Neudaiz as one (specifically the areas where you're hunting for the best Rod in the game) is nothing short of irritating. It's the only class in the game I can enjoy playing so I suck it up and say "whatever", but I wouldn't mind a buff.