PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 hey is this cheating?

Ravenbryt
Oct 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
I made a beast hunter. He's about level 69 ('cause for some reason he refuses to go higher. Why is it so damn difficult to get at least one level higher?), so I've collected quite a few things in my time. Some really good stuff, I didn't want to let go (even if it is low rank or different type). So I put it in shared storage. Then I decided that my new guy I just started (newman vanguard) can use that stuff. Like wands and guns and whatnot. But then I realized there's not that many good technics for a beginner. I decided to go back to my beast and buy a whole bunch of technics for my new guy. Kinda give myself the upperhand. Is that cheating? You know...buying or picking up the more powerful stuff and putting it in shared storage for a beginner to use?

8bitBass
Oct 11, 2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think so myself, especially as the game gives you a shared box. Man how hard it was back in the PSO days to share items with your other characters lol.

Furthermore, I feel we should have a little boost to enjoy the spoils with a new character and expedite the progression of a new character.

NoiseHERO
Oct 11, 2010, 11:55 AM
As you can see:

Just the word "Cheating" can make this community butthurt.

But no it's not cheating it's a good strategy.

SammaeltheDark
Oct 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yes, you're cheating. It's ruining PSP2 for everyone else and is jeopardizing the future of the entire series in the US & Europe

FarenKar
Oct 11, 2010, 12:04 PM
Well, seeing as you stil have to meet level and class requirements for all the weapons and junk, it's not really cheating. I did this to get better outfits for some new character's I've started.

Also, the easiest way to level up in that range I've found is to bum some specific missions for spellstones, then do the Hunt for Magashi. Even if you fail, the experience you get is still really good. (I've done it maybe 10 times, and have yet to complete it.)

Izuna
Oct 11, 2010, 12:07 PM
Yes, you're cheating. It's ruining PSP2 for everyone else and is jeopardizing the future of the entire series in the US & Europe

Seriously though, it's a function within the game.

aduran
Oct 11, 2010, 12:10 PM
Not cheating cause is one of the purposes for the share box.
Cheap? yes. lol
But, after we have dedicated so many hours to another character. we deserve it.

Ravenbryt
Oct 11, 2010, 12:23 PM
O___o
/ __ /_______________________
| __________________________
\___\
*not relevant, but wanted to do it once I saw that guy's facepalm.

Anyway thanks for the help. Well those of you that helped me and weren't a-holes =D

reala728
Oct 11, 2010, 12:32 PM
Well, seeing as you stil have to meet level and class requirements for all the weapons and junk, it's not really cheating.

pretty much this. and even more info for you. shops sell techs only up to level 9 from what im aware of. if you put the higher level ones on your main, you can actually go to player information > photon arts > then select the tech's to put on a disk so the secondary character will have even higher level techs

xBladeM6x
Oct 11, 2010, 12:42 PM
No it's fine. You're not even doing anything wrong. You are making the most out of your characters. If it were cheating, they wouldn't allow you to store them in the first place.

Trizek
Oct 11, 2010, 12:42 PM
Its not cheating at all.

Lolitron
Oct 11, 2010, 12:45 PM
I can't tell if OP is trolling or not.

marc110
Oct 11, 2010, 12:49 PM
I don't think so myself, especially as the game gives you a shared box. Man how hard it was back in the PSO days to share items with your other characters lol.

Furthermore, I feel we should have a little boost to enjoy the spoils with a new character and expedite the progression of a new character.

what i used to do in pso to trade was go into a room with someone who was selling say spread needle and drop the stuff at caves , and then say to the host oh shit i left my cash on my other player please wait for me , re log collect my goods :D

FarenKar
Oct 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
I can't tell if OP is trolling or not.

I don't think so, he just used the dreaded 'c' word.

Izuna
Oct 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
Is using EX Traps cheating?

FarenKar
Oct 11, 2010, 12:59 PM
Is using EX Traps cheating?

The lesson we learned from Disgaea: If it's in the game and it works to your advantage, then it's perfectly fine. XD

Izuna
Oct 11, 2010, 01:05 PM
The lesson we learned from Disgaea: If it's in the game and it works to your advantage, then it's perfectly fine. XD

Thanks, I was worried there. I thought SEGA put OP stuff in the game to lure out the cheaters!

UberRottweiler
Oct 11, 2010, 04:00 PM
Obviously this is not cheating, all the elements within the game mechanics are legit, exploitable glitches, bugs, or anything that grants you any non-legit advantage over other players is cheating.

DarkPhoton
Oct 11, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yes Izuna, Using EX traps is bad, and you should feel bad.