PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Former Guardian

iAqua
Oct 12, 2010, 10:43 AM
I've a question.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW. READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Well, I see it is possible to import the characters from Phantasy Star Portable, and that's what I did. Sure, I get the rather nifty Exam saber at the start, and all, but the key idea was supposed to be the character possibly being a 'Former Guardian', likely to be the exact same Guardian that was in the first Phantasy Star Portable.

From what I recall, in the first Phantasy Star Portable, Tonnio and Liina were in it as well, yes?

If that's the case, why is it that during the second Story Mission, when the two encounter Tonio and Liina for the first time in the game, the two don't seem to recognize the character?

... Or did I get something wrong?

That it wasn't that the character is the exact same Guardian from the previous game, but just, well, happen to be... A former Guardian?

marc110
Oct 12, 2010, 11:55 AM
i dont see anyone calling me former guardian in pal surely if i am a former tonio would know me

yes tonio is ,

landman
Oct 12, 2010, 12:18 PM
I don't have PSP1 that fresh in my mind, but in that game you worked in the intelligence branch, didn't you? meaning that everything you did was top secret, in fact, only Lou and some other top rank members know about what you did.

Alexandria
Oct 12, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think they took the whole thing out in the english version. When you get to the side story mission where you meet Vivienne, they don't recognize you in the slightest.

Mike
Oct 12, 2010, 07:39 PM
They didn't recognize you in the Japanese version either despite Tonnio and Liina recognizing Viv.

Zerothelioneater
Oct 12, 2010, 07:46 PM
I guess saving the universe isnt enough to get some credit round these parts, then again they kick your ass right out of the guardians for doing it.

marc110
Oct 13, 2010, 08:06 AM
I guess saving the universe isnt enough to get some credit round these parts, then again they kick your ass right out of the guardians for doing it.

no cos ethan got the credit lol

the game is mean to call you a former guardian if you transfer , cant seem to see it anywhere other than a title and a junk sword exam