PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Force: Human or Beast?

Hero-Break
Oct 12, 2010, 02:59 PM
After several restarts, I think I have finally narrowed down the character I want to play between a (Female) Human or Beast Force. Problem is, that I don't know which one will benefit more from my potential play style. I would like to build a force that can do a bit of everything late game. Here is my planned build once I max out Force and get all of the type ablitles I want:

S ranks

Twin Sabers
Double Sabers
Shields
Rifles
R-Mags
Crossbows
Cards/Handguns
Wands
Rods

A ranks

Twin Handguns

Type abilities
PP Low Boost
PP High Boost
ATP plus
Remaining 4 slots will be for tech speed boosts for the mission I am running.

From my understanding the pros and cons of each character are:

Human
+ Higher base PP and regen
+ Higher TP
+ Higher base ATA
+ Racial ability goes well with class type, since it's based upon tp
Lower HP
Lower Evp
Lower ATP

Beast
+ Much higher ATP/ATA ratio
+ Higher HP
+ Higher Evp
-Lower base PP and Regen (Same as Human male)
-Lower TP
-Racial ability isn't as useful and doesn't fit the type well.

Some general questions I have are:

1. How much of an issue is PP if you don't plan on using only Physco Wand all the time?

2. What about ATA? Would two Feral/Arms on a beast female be enough to hit decently with guns?
(Using hit bullets of course)

3. Is there any piratical application for a Beast Force Nano Blast?

I am mainly looking for advice from experienced players, but any input you guys can provide will be much appreciated !

Akaimizu
Oct 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
ATA is an extremely important stat with guns. It's also how you hit with non-techs against stronger and stronger monsters. What helps work against the monster EVP. However, your layout almost seems more like something of a Vanguard than a Force since you have a heavy slant with certain Hunter and Ranger combos.

ATP is good for that melee, though for guns, technically the Human (and female) come way out on top, if you're talking ATP/ATA balance. Beast mode has its uses, but it also depends on your playstyle. The human Mirage Blasts are good and all, but there are playstyles that can really show what beasts can do.

As a Beast, you'll also be a bit lesser as a Force, thus I'm wondering if your playstyle is going to be less on tech than normal. You can also access techs and wands as a non-force, unless you're trying to utilize the class boost to make techs more usable. Still, in a way, it almost seems like you're making a Vanguard and not necessarily a Force.

Of course, this is speculation. Partly because I don't have information on *how* you are playing your character. Just on your load-out. There's a lot of more subtle things, in terms of, when I'm facing such and such, this is how I'll fight. Those things will drastically change the importance of your combinations and such.

Alexandria
Oct 12, 2010, 03:11 PM
Well, beast would be good if you wanted to fit more of the FOmar role, using PSO terms. They can do good with melee, and..okay at magic, though a human would do better. If you plan to use guns, I don't recomend beast at all. Your damage is going to be really lacking, even with ATA units. Keep in mind, ATA effects the damage of guns more than ATP. Nanoblast really sucks all around. Even for a melee class it really is pointless.

A beast won't get hit as much thanks to the higher EVP, but I wouldn't give up the 2 other weapon types just for some defense. Overall for your build, I'd say go with Human.

Hero-Break
Oct 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
@ Akaimizu:

Since I really like the applications of lv 21+ techs and don't want to rely on EX traps, I don't see much of a positive to going Vanguard since I can function basically the same since the there are no weapon/ melee combo restrictions on types anymore.

In regards to Alexandira's post:

Actually, ATP based guns equally use both ATP and ATA combined to determine the damage outcome (It's ATP + Base ATP / 4); in other words, the character with the highest ATP and ATA combined total does more with ranged weapons.

So a beast force with a combined total of 1043 990 actually does more damage with guns than a human force would, (Though their natural hit rate would still be lower.) That's why casts do the most damage with guns, they have the highest combined total of ATP and ATA out of any of the races. I am mainly using guns to power up my melee and techs through chains. And in terms of techs the beast is only 53 points off from a human at cap.

Alexandria
Oct 12, 2010, 03:37 PM
@ Akaimizu:

Since I really like the applications of lv 21+ techs and don't want to rely on EX traps, I don't see much of a positive to going Vanguard since I can function basically the same since the there are no weapon/ melee combo restrictions on types anymore.

In regards to Alexandira's post:

Actually, ATP based guns equally use both ATP and ATA combined to determine the damage outcome (It's ATP + Base ATP / 4); in other words, the character with the highest ATP and ATA combined total does more with ranged weapons.

So a beast force with a combined total of 1043 990 actually does more damage with guns than a human force would, (Though their natural hit rate would still be lower.) That's why casts do the most damage with guns, they have the highest combined total of ATP and ATA out of any of the races. I am mainly using guns to power up my melee and techs through chains.

You misunderstand. ATA has a much bigger impact on damage. ATP and ATA have different modifiers on damage for guns. And the ATA modifier is much higher than the ATP one. I'd say it's easily double the boost you get from ATP. And if your guns are only gonna be for chaining, you'll want all the ATA you can get anyways. Don't wanna miss a hit. Not to mention you'll be nerfing your techs along with picking beast. And of course, MB's are far better than Nano.

Hero-Break
Oct 12, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh? I'm sorry. I thought it was equal parts in both, it certainly looks that way in the damage formula. What about hit rates though?

Ceresa
Oct 12, 2010, 03:41 PM
ATA is 4x as valuable for damage, hence the /4 after ATP.

Of course since you also need ATA to hit to do any damage, it's value is quite a bit higher then 4x.

Hero-Break
Oct 12, 2010, 03:43 PM
ATA is 4x as valuable for damage, hence the /4 after ATP.

Of course since you also need ATA to hit to do any damage, it's value is quite a bit higher then 4x.

Ah, I see now. Thank you for clearing that up. When I state that beasts have better ATP/ATA ratio, I just mean that Feril/Arms gives 25 ATA even given that ATA statically gives you the most bang for your buck since the highest it will ever go for base isn't nearly as high as ATP or TP

DarkPhoton
Oct 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think arms actually affect your accuracy as a stat, just the hit ratio. I could be wrong, but I know I don't see any damage increase to my guns with one equiped.

Akaimizu
Oct 13, 2010, 08:43 AM
The new ATA calculations were made specifically to avoid the Beast ranger power issue that plagued previous games in this series. If it was PSU or PS1, the advantage would be there. These new calculations were actually a major balance fix. Especially since the intention of the original Beast stat balance was to keep them from gaining the ranged advantage on top of their attack power. Yep. ATP is divided before being added.