PDA

View Full Version : FOmar, good choice?

Seth Astra
Oct 12, 2010, 07:33 PM
So, here's the deal: I'm considering picking this game back up, and starting a FOmar. However, I already have 3 chars. Naturally, I'm probably going to delete my HUcast, simply because I don't enjoy him that much, and he's still low enough level that I don't lose much. My big question: How worth while is this class? I already have a HUnewm and FOnewearl, but I'm looking at HUmar because they're supposedly a good jack of all trades class. Is it worth doing a hybrid build, and what kind of setup do you recommend?

PSZFann
Oct 12, 2010, 07:37 PM
i would make a RA somthin if i were you so i had a all three but just a sugestion

DevilBringer
Oct 12, 2010, 07:38 PM
Fann you should get back on, Chaos and I are starting a session. Apologize my post not containing any useful information. (I'm just new to PSZ, not to PS in general)

Chaos Rappy
Oct 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, I vote for a Ranger, if only because then all your good RA-only weapons pretty much go to waste otherwise. :P

PSZFann
Oct 12, 2010, 07:42 PM
:) :) :)

PSZFann
Oct 12, 2010, 07:43 PM
Fann you should get back on, Chaos and I are starting a session. Apologize my post not containing any useful information. (I'm just new to PSZ, not to PS in general)

i am on.....

Seth Astra
Oct 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
I played Omega-22 (my HUcast) primarily using guns. I HATED it. Of course, it could just be because of being a cast. Having started as a HUnewm, I'm used to being able to do more than be the best at just tapping the attack button. I may consider playing a RAmar, but IDK...

EDIT: The private message function and the visitor message function are here for a reason...

PSZFann
Oct 12, 2010, 07:45 PM
it would be a good choice... try it you can allways delete him

Cire39
Oct 12, 2010, 08:41 PM
You should try RAmar. Groups with a lot of hunters will love you since you can use Jellen and Zalure, and he can also use all of the cool guns.
The fact that he's a space cowboy doesn't hurt, either.

Broken_L_button
Oct 13, 2010, 01:12 AM
If I were you and wanted a jack-of-all trades, I'd either go for any FO or HUney...And maybe HUnewm, but you already got an epic HUnewm, so that one's out. If I made a HUmar, I'd most likely focus on ATP-based damage; casting spells as a HUmar, even with the right gear, can be a bit of a pain, especially on SH; even with max mind mats, he can barely match HUnewm's or HUney's spell casting, not to mention he doesn't have access to the same MST-weps as the Newman hunters.

Though, I'll have to side with everyone else and say RAmar. Why? Like Cire said, he's a space cowboy. He also has that hat. Did I mention he shoots faster than his shadow? Anyways, IMO, space cowboy > Everything else. Oh, and if you do make that RAmar, name him Spike Speigel (or just Spike if you lack the space) and give him dark hair with a blue outfit. And make him do martial arts as often as possible. That will make him a TRUE space cowboy.

Seth Astra
Oct 13, 2010, 07:09 AM
Decided with a FOmar in the end. I found the character design more tolerable. Although, after PSP2, the characters all look like kids to me. But yeah, I just found the RAmar's face ugly.

Chevve
Oct 13, 2010, 08:48 PM
I absolutely love my FOmar's orange manrobe.

Seth Astra
Oct 13, 2010, 10:14 PM
Shame the manrobe isn't as manly as the PSO mandress. :-P