PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 My Apologies

Akaiyou
Oct 12, 2010, 09:26 PM
I registered here today because I felt I owed people an apology in regards to having their game affected by negative values in their Type Extend in online multiplayer.

While it appears the cause is yet to be determined, a possibility could be a cheat code I created allowing for infinite extend points which apparently some people out there may have taken to using it online and ruined other people's game.

I was a player back in the days of PSO, and to be frank, i've always enjoyed cheating in my rpgs PSO being no exception and that's a game i truly loved until other cheaters started modifying weapons, PKing, BSODing and in general using cheats that ruined the amazing experience of PSO for others. I stopped playing after 4 months of playing every day. It felt like having a bunch of bad drunks at a party killing everyone else's enjoyment.

With that in mind I would most definitely never want to be the reason why any other online game is ruined for others by direct effect. And i say direct effect because a lot of people are way too uptight on cheating. It's like my example above, just because there's a couple bad drunks, doesn't mean everyone else can't handle their liquor or drink responsibly. So my apologies to anyone who had their game screwed over by someone else either on purpose or by accident. I have removed the cheat code and will now add a note asking any potential cheaters to stop using codes in online multiplayer as they seem to affect everyone in the party and that is unacceptable.

DarkPhoton
Oct 12, 2010, 09:48 PM
I smell a troll

Izuna
Oct 12, 2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you for posting, have fun!

Kurosu
Oct 13, 2010, 03:03 AM
Makes one wonder why you spread this cheat in the first place though, and thus enabled people to use it, if you dislike cheating that much.

DarkPhoton
Oct 13, 2010, 03:26 AM
A bad troll at that.