View Full Version : PSP2 Special events?

DarkPhoton
Oct 13, 2010, 05:34 PM
With the holidays coming around, And the XBOX360 servers getting some Halloween stuff coming around, I can't help but wonder if PSP2 is going to get some of the same. If they want support I wonder if they will do the smart thing and give us some special holiday treats. Any thoughts?

Just doesn't seem right that they would continue support on universe while ignoring their newest title.

fenrir188
Oct 13, 2010, 06:03 PM
id love some holiday goodies but i just dont see how they would implement them

Tyreek
Oct 13, 2010, 06:05 PM
I believe that actually would require SEGA to have DLC for this game, and it seems quite assured they had no plans for it since many DLC clothing and items are already obtainable in the game. Plus, we already got everything as DLC thanks to some who sought to make it work.

Alexandria
Oct 13, 2010, 06:36 PM
I believe that actually would require SEGA to have DLC for this game, and it seems quite assured they had no plans for it since many DLC clothing and items are already obtainable in the game. Plus, we already got everything as DLC thanks to some who sought to make it work.

Well, not necessarily. Holiday themed lobbies would be more of a server-side thing if we already have the data. I'm not sure if the JP version had this or not, but if the lobby data is on the disc, Sega COULD do it.

DarkPhoton
Oct 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
All it would take is a game update. A quick connection to the net and we would be set.

Temprus
Oct 13, 2010, 06:44 PM

Not exactly. Those unlockable by the Japanese DLC Missions are obtainable as drops elsewhere because they obviously didn't plan on giving us the Japanese DLC Missions and they were already in the game anyways. The PSN DLC is another story, and it seems likely that they don't intend to give those to us at all.

Segac loves Japan. And Japan loves them. Segac just glares at the rest of the world. The rest of world would like to love them though... :-(

8BitGinno
Oct 13, 2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either. I doubt any DLC is heading our way.

Would be nice though, just like old times in PSO.

Mike
Oct 13, 2010, 07:16 PM
There were no holiday events in the Japanese PSP2. There were a few Christmas themed download items and costumes though. I believe they cost 18 dollars for the lot though. Maybe 12 dollars... I forget if clothing and parts were sold seperatly for that one.

Ami
Oct 13, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think they were sold separately Mike.

But yeah, it ain't happening. They never had holiday events on the Jpn servers.

But there is Christmas/Halloween decor you can buy. If Sega doesn't do it, decorate your room to fit the holiday O ^Ob