PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Level capped at 63?

Wintermute0
Oct 13, 2010, 10:13 PM
My experience bar is full at level 63 and I've gained more than enough experience to level at least three times more, but for some reason... I can't level passed 63. Is this a bug or a glitch? Multiple google searches resulted in absolutely no useful information. Am I f**ked or is there some sort of level cap I should be aware of?

Alexandria
Oct 13, 2010, 10:17 PM
Check your stats and see how much exp until you level?

Wintermute0
Oct 13, 2010, 11:14 PM
I checked them.

EXP: 107585
NEXT LV: 701335

That sounds absurd to me. I've done about four missions with level 70+ monsters without any level up. I know at level 60 getting a level took about two runs of a B mission with 65+ monsters. So either: when you hit level 63 the exp it takes to reach the next level increases by a ton, or something's wrong with my game. It has never taken this long to reach one level, and the fact that my EXP bar is full also raises questions about whether or not my game is on the fritz.

Is there an EXP chart anywhere? I've looked to confirmed if this TNL is correct, but I haven't been able to find one.

Alexandria
Oct 13, 2010, 11:18 PM
I checked them.

EXP: 107585
NEXT LV: 701335

That sounds absurd to me. I've done about four missions with level 70+ monsters without any level up. I know at level 60 getting a level took about two runs of a B mission with 65+ monsters. So either: when you hit level 63 the exp it takes to reach the next level increases by a ton, or something's wrong with my game. It has never taken this long to reach one level, and the fact that my EXP bar is full also raises questions about whether or not my game is on the fritz.

Is there an EXP chart anywhere? I've looked to confirmed if this TNL is correct, but I haven't been able to find one.

That is VERY odd. It's costing you almost x7 the exp than you have to level? That's pretty absurd. I dunno : x

Seth Astra
Oct 13, 2010, 11:19 PM
I think there's something wrong with your game. I defintely don't remember an EXP jump like that. I probably don't even have that much now (72).

Mike
Oct 13, 2010, 11:21 PM
Are you cheating?
Have you played online anytime recently?

Wintermute0
Oct 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
I'm guessing that the value next to Exp.: is how much EXP I have accumulated over my entire course of playing on this character, and that the value next to Next Lv.: is the total EXP I should have to hit the next level... so, either the total EXP I've accumulated over my entire play time has been reduced [I don't see why that would happen] or the value shown next to Next Lv.: is incorrect [which I also don't know how that would happen]. Either way, I think something's up.

Seth, if it's not too much of a chore, could you tell me what the values are next to EXP.: and NEXT LV.: on your level 72 character?

Are you cheating?
Have you played online anytime recently?

No, I'm not cheating. If I could cheat I would just EXP hack or something to make this problem go away.

As for your second question, yes. This happened while I was playing online, and has persisted into story mode and will not go away. Perhaps someone I was playing with was cheating and that somehow f&*ked with my game for some reason... I know there were a few people in the parties I was in that were getting Rares left and right...

Seth Astra
Oct 13, 2010, 11:37 PM
I will... Probably tomorrow. Too tired to pick up PSP2 now.

Mike
Oct 13, 2010, 11:47 PM
As for your second question, yes. This happened while I was playing online, and has persisted into story mode and will not go away. Perhaps someone I was playing with was cheating and that somehow f&*ked with my game for some reason... I know there were a few people in the parties I was in that were getting Rares left and right...
From what I've heard, the increase of experience needed to level up to some insane amount is a side effect of some cheats. So, if you were playing in a party with someone using those cheats, it's likely because of that. I don't know what cheats have that effect and I don't know how to fix it. You could try to level up if you have the time. That seems to fix some similar problems.

Temprus
Oct 13, 2010, 11:50 PM
This happened to someone on the gamefaqs board a while back. They apparently played with a cheater, leveled up a bit too fast, and then still needed the same amount of experience to reach the level if they were to level up normally.

Sufficed to say, you're stuck until you gain that experience.

Wintermute0
Oct 14, 2010, 02:14 AM
This happened to someone on the gamefaqs board a while back. They apparently played with a cheater, leveled up a bit too fast, and then still needed the same amount of experience to reach the level if they were to level up normally.

Sufficed to say, you're stuck until you gain that experience.

Yeah. I found that post on gamefaqs while doing various searches, but I never leveled too fast or anything. It would really help if there was an EXP chart online so I could confirm my theory that my total EXP was cut somehow and now I'm playing catch up with exp I've already earned.

Eclipsed57
Oct 14, 2010, 02:47 AM
something like this would make me hack my own game just to level up once

Mike
Oct 14, 2010, 04:44 AM
Yeah. I found that post on gamefaqs while doing various searches, but I never leveled too fast or anything. It would really help if there was an EXP chart online so I could confirm my theory that my total EXP was cut somehow and now I'm playing catch up with exp I've already earned.

If your total experience is somewhere around 100,000, then you have about up to level 32 in experience points. I think your theory of total experience points being cut is probably right.

funkyskunk
Oct 14, 2010, 07:31 AM
It should be fairly easy to mod your exp so you are a bit closer to levelling up. Are you playing the EU version or US? If you are on EU then send me your save, maybe I can hack fix it for you. JP is ok aswell but I don't own the US version.

There are no guarantees mind you but I am interested to see if this can be fixed. At least we will have some way to combat the online cheaters affecting our games.

marc110
Oct 14, 2010, 08:11 AM
some asshole online must have bin hacking , i need to check mine now

Scau-Demon
Oct 14, 2010, 08:47 AM
I was playing online with someone and in 2 missions, I ,nor anyone else got a rare drop, except for one person, who got a rare every kill it seemed like.{retty sure he was hacking, but it didn't mess up my game.at least i don't think so.

It would be great if we could set up a list of known hacks/cheats and their side-effects on people who play with others who use them. Just to get a list of things people should be on the look-out for, and possibly ways to fix them, or, if nothing else, help prevent bad things like this from hapening to more people.

funkyskunk
Oct 14, 2010, 09:54 AM
I was playing online with someone and in 2 missions, I ,nor anyone else got a rare drop, except for one person, who got a rare every kill it seemed like.{retty sure he was hacking, but it didn't mess up my game.at least i don't think so.

Careful, I have had plenty of runs in the past with no rares and they just keep flashing up for other people. Then again, I have had loads of runs where I just get red after red after red and everyone else was not having much luck.

If someone is finding multiple rainbow rares, I would worry about that rather than someone finding 10 varistas in a run.

Wintermute0
Oct 14, 2010, 12:05 PM
It's really bullshit that things like this can happen. I guess I'll just level up some classes while I'm grinding to 64... it's only about 600,000exp.

Chaotik
Oct 14, 2010, 12:49 PM
... a bit late, but here's the EXP table I've been using:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2/E7B58CE9A893E580A4E38386E383BCE38396E383AB.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjfyPDBOL4DUhrzhcTnumrhPnWeow

Just ignore the awful translation x3

Wintermute0
Oct 14, 2010, 02:05 PM
... a bit late, but here's the EXP table I've been using:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/psp2/E7B58CE9A893E580A4E38386E383BCE38396E383AB.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjfyPDBOL4DUhrzhcTnumrhPnWeow

Just ignore the awful translation x3

Thanks, I think that confirms my theory.

Now I'm pretty turned off to playing online with random people. Is there a group or something I could join to play online with, people that don't cheat?

Temprus
Oct 14, 2010, 04:33 PM
You could join the IRC channel #PSPo2, on irc.rizon.net. It was created by DoomDragon8274 of the GameFAQs PSP2 board. He goes by SolarBoyMatt on there. We talk about PSP2 and those that can go online (unlike me) make rooms from there.

We're also a bit nuts however. So you'll have to excuse some of us. Oh, and Raine is loud. It's just a part of the decor I guess. :p

bscit
Oct 14, 2010, 08:24 PM
Why dont you try using a lvl cheat to gain you one lvl to see if it fixes it.

Wintermute0
Oct 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
Why dont you try using a lvl cheat to gain you one lvl to see if it fixes it.

I don't cheat in the first place, but I could see how cheating in this situation would be justified. The problem is, I don't know how to hack and I don't want to mess up my game even further.

bscit
Oct 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
I don't cheat in the first place, but I could see how cheating in this situation would be justified. The problem is, I don't know how to hack and I don't want to mess up my game even further.

Yeai dont like cheating either but its just to fix a cheat and also you said you should of lvled a while ago so youre just gaining the lvl you should of got. I have cfw so i can do it for you. Just post your save file.

Akaiyou
Oct 16, 2010, 09:58 AM
As far as i know cheats should not be able to cast a hidden limit on your leveling up. You have quite a weird problem there, were you leveling up abnormally fast while playing online?

Because really if someone used the instant level up code and kept it on you'd be stuck at a certain level without any exp gain.

And if they used the exp mode you'd simply play as if u had a multiplier which is part of the game and wouldn't actually have this sort of side effect.

See how much exp you are off by, because i have to admit from my point of view im baffled by your problem.

Scau-Demon
Oct 16, 2010, 12:45 PM
Careful, I have had plenty of runs in the past with no rares and they just keep flashing up for other people. Then again, I have had loads of runs where I just get red after red after red and everyone else was not having much luck.

If someone is finding multiple rainbow rares, I would worry about that rather than someone finding 10 varistas in a run.

I'm pretty sure it was a hack, it was way more than just 10 rares. You know that scroll bar thing where it displays who got what? it was never empty, the entire run. They were all for him.I was counting for a while after i noticed it was way too many to just be luck, and that was about half way through. i stopped after 30 something, and it kept going from start to finish of the mission, which lasted about 25 minutes or so. I'm sure he had to store some often..

Akuno Ayanokoji
Oct 17, 2010, 02:55 AM
fucking hackers >.>

Sure, I would be tempted to hack if it were to solve a problem like this topic is centered on, but damn, that just ruining it for everyone else who wants to play fair

Akaiyou
Oct 17, 2010, 08:24 AM
well to be fair to said hacker if he uses rare drop it only would affect his game unless he's party leader. as it seems drops are different per player it shoudlnt stop others from landing their own rares at a normal pace.