PDA

View Full Version : Help! Is it possible to defeat Shizuru as a hunter?

UberRottweiler
Oct 14, 2010, 03:11 AM
Hello there, Is there a way to defeat Shizuru on hard mode without switching to Vanguard class? Im currently lvl.101 Hunter lvl.20 male CAST, Is there any way to defeat him with hunter class? because I dont want to start leveling up VA class :/ so any tips will be appreciated, thank you. Peace

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2010, 03:12 AM
I just used Dus Skadd, and kept running wide circles around him while the NPCs distracted him. Didn't take too long that way.

UberRottweiler
Oct 14, 2010, 03:14 AM
I just used Dus Skadd, and kept running wide circles around him while the NPCs distracted him. Didn't take too long that way.

Is Dus Skadd a spear PA? another question; Did you defeat the triple Shizuru using this method as well?

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2010, 03:29 AM
Is Dus Skadd a spear PA?

Whoa. You must be new to spears. Anyway, yes it is.

another question; Did you defeat the triple Shizuru using this method as well?

Yes.

UberRottweiler
Oct 14, 2010, 03:41 AM
Thank you I finally defated Shizuru, thanks for the advice, I didnt remember the PAs because I dont use spears at all :D, I will try the final mission later, thanks again.

PinkyMonkey
Oct 14, 2010, 05:35 AM
Dus Skadd is what I am naming my next child (ok maybe pet.. I did buy fish recently and it would be easier to convince the missus..) and has made spears (along with k-nucks) my fave hunter weapons replacing those oh so trendy doube sabers.. well often replacing all 3 weapons are fun. Still, they need to make De-Ragon Back-scratcher spear.

On another note we really need a high level hunter support guide/forum!

funkyskunk
Oct 14, 2010, 07:14 AM
Levelling vanguard is worth it just for burst bomber ability at level 7. It will make your normal traps do far more damage and is quite helpful really. They certainly helped me get through chapter 10 with my fonl with relative ease.

Also, it is worth getting to level 8 vanguard for the half defense ability. You should be able to get to vanguard 8 in a couple of hours playing either 9-1 on normal or 1-1 on hard.

Kurosu
Oct 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
On another note we really need a high level hunter support guide/forum!

Why is such a guide needed?
It's basically the same as BR, except no EX traps and you have to utilize roll, block and dodge more in order to stay alive.

UberRottweiler
Oct 14, 2010, 02:22 PM
I agree, I started leveling VA class in order to get the burst bomber and half defense ability, And now I can say that Dus Skadd is one of my favorite PAs in the game, thanks a lot!

funkyskunk
Oct 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
I agree, I started leveling VA class in order to get the burst bomber and half defense ability, And now I can say that Dus Skadd is one of my favorite PAs in the game, thanks a lot!

I've heard great things about Dus Skadd too but I have not found much need for it yet with Blade Destruction giving me all I need and I'm not much of a fan of spears. I'm just getting some spare type points so I started ranking spears up a bit so I can give it a whirl with my Demonic Fork at some point.

It's worth running Mine Defense offline on S rank for quite an easy Dus Skadd 21-27 if you have not got that already. The enemies are level 150 though so it can be quite unforgiving if you are around level 105 like I am. Still fairly easy to do though.

beastinabox
Oct 14, 2010, 11:46 PM
I just beet it today and it took me 2 days. Here is some advise. When i beet him i made some changes to the way i use my car. I had to use the invinsible nanoblast and use all class extentions that upgraded my def and health (If posible att aswell). You should be atleast lvl 63+ I was that lvl but you should be a bit higher. The two final bosses are dark and light so bring dark and light armor and wepons. On the last versoin of the boss when he uses the lasser beem attack eatch time it hits you it dose more damage. You might want to bring lots of heals. Use the monomates dimates if you have to one the first boss then on the second boss dont be gready with the heals. Keep one range wepon on you and when he use's a attack that keeps you away from him take it out and fire on him. If you have eney questions just ask ill look at this every day but if its urgent just pm me.:bondage::quickdraw::pandatummy::panda: