PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Character ideas

Pavichokche
Oct 14, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm one of those people who can't play with just one character. I have made 4 so far :-?

The characters I make are mostly based on anime characters. It's pretty tough to model them perfectly and a lot of imagination is required, but it is fun nonetheless. It gives my characters some...depth xD

I was wondering what you guys base your characters' name and appearance on.

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2010, 12:45 PM
All my characters are completely original creations. I think it's boring just to model them after an outside source.

Akaimizu
Oct 14, 2010, 12:54 PM
My characters are also all original. Though I did make, for a little while in PSU, a character based off of a movie character once. I abandoned that idea because other than saying, "Hey I'm Lando Calrisian!" and maybe a few movie quotes, there really wasn't a lot that character said to me.

It takes even more imagination to make originals. Mostly because you're kind of creating the backstory yourself. Even if it is a little one. Heck, my first major character and I end up creating a whole branching story series idea off her.

Oddly enough, what I did was just stay in the character creation until I match up something that just screams to have a backstory to them. Tynselle's backstory was pretty much made the moment I hit something with character creation and I said, "Yeah. That's it. That's the hair style, hair and skin color, and the right confident, conniving, and obviously smart (cat that ate the canary and freely admits it) look. From this appearance, I can tell that the favorite weapon will be Twin Handguns. That she has a specific reason she uses Twin Gunnies as her security blanket. That she's not afraid of using excessive force. That this aspect of her character meant she had to have been influenced by the wrong crowd, in her past. Even disciplined for it. She's no angel, but she's overall good." That backstory crafted different characters. Those directly involved with her upbringing, and then those who she comes across with in the present. And thus, the Chronicles of the Six Square Circus was born. And best of all, her father demonstrated the Photon Whips in the beginning of that story long before Sega even announced that as a future Phantasy Star Weapon.

Pictures, they say, equal 1000 words. I pretty much believe that. There's a lot that can be said, with a look.

Zain_Winters
Oct 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
All my characters are completely original creations. I think it's boring just to model them after an outside source.

Agreed.

Zerothelioneater
Oct 14, 2010, 02:53 PM

Same here, well, except for my HUcast's name, which is Terra Nova, which is a reference to Terranova, the planet from the 1st DLC pack from the original Mass Effect.

Nidramag
Oct 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
I have KATZ, all caps, dating back to days of old PSODCv.1
A purple robed, dark-blue haired FOmar(l in the DC versions) who is relatively short with spiked back hair.

I recreate him in many games, not just PSO, and for the first time in PSPo2 I have completely recreated him with the proper clothes

Everyone's including stories now, and KATZ has had a few, so I'll include mine because hey, what the hell.
The KATZ I have currently created is the young version, a prodigal magic student, and orphan, who was infected by falz, and seeks out all things influenced by it (in my mind, everything in gurhal having started from Dark Falz). Back in PSO days, there were times I took him to the dressing room, gave him longer white hair, and had an "Old KATZ" where he would be a great master of techs. woo-hoo. He was married to TUNA, my HUneuy

my actual main is my VAnewm, who I like to think of as being in decendence of TUNA and KATZ, named after him, and, is a mix of human and newman, though his newman stands out more.

since I apparently ahve the two existing in the same time, I will just say KATZ tranceded time and space

Omega-R7
Oct 14, 2010, 03:37 PM
I made mine after my old psu file.

Temprus
Oct 14, 2010, 04:29 PM
I copied my old PSU/PSP files too, but they are unique.

Karyna, my main, is based on a character from a storyline I created. She even looks pretty much like her, 'cept that her hair should be shoulder length. In this game, she's pretty much my alternate self, but her back story is your standard heroine who stands up for anyone. Not as tragic and amazing as her origin character.

Myra sports the name of my old HUcaseal from the GC PSO Ep1&2 game. But this one's a Ranger. I made her background to be that of a scientist who uses her mercenary work to help fund and push her research. She's very determined and considers anyone on her team a colleague.

Lyra sports the name of my HUnewearl from PSO ver1 on the DC. She's a FOnewearl though. Her background is that she's a devout follower of the holy light. She actively seeks out Seed for purifying. I mean it, she goes out of her way. Think of her as your standard DnD Cleric that seeks out the undead with way too much gusto.

Teresa actually sports the name of my FOnewearl from the GC PSO Ep1&2. She's a beastling that packs a punch. Though while this Hunter may have a various martial arts degrees, her heart is in discovering ruins and various remnants of civilization. She's a cute archeologist that has no problem knocking you around if you get in her way. And you really don't want to break that ancient device that you're about to accidently step on. No.. you really don't.

I'll probably design my Duman in Infinity from the ground up like my last three characters too. And if anyone's curious about how my characters look, you can find them under the PSP (or is it PSU?) part of my profile page. They were taken with my vidcam though and I haven't really taken many real pics with my new camera yet.

DarkPhoton
Oct 14, 2010, 04:56 PM
I have Navi. A cast that originaly was created for AMF recon and Piloting missions (Name is short for Navigational unit. Specialty was flying at low altitudes in the harsh moatoob landscape.) She was one of the casts that went awol when mother brain was infected by the seed. She recovered however and quit the AMF, Not liking the feeling of being controlled by anyone. Now she fights mostly for herself.

Saga, A newman, Hates the stereotypes that most newmans follow. Mostly because he was born and raised on Parum with casts. He is very quick on his feet but can be rash, often running ahead to prove that he doesn't need "Witchcraft" as he puts it to win a fight. He trains daily in the martial arts. He has a thing for cast women.

And last is

Lira. Born and raised on Moatoob, She became A guardian due to her strong distaste of rouges. She is Stubborn and rash. Doesn't like taking orders, and hates working with others. She is however close friends with Saga. She quit the guardians and now works as a freelance merc.

StamiStar
Oct 14, 2010, 05:02 PM
My first PSU character (beast, <_<) was based on Pucca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pucca) back in '08, but as I played PSP1 'til the end, she became a separate character and spun off to Mitha.

story? Really?
[SPOILER-BOX]An orphan raised by a female newman named Taz. Hard-headed, is a lazy girl, and probably "sick in the head.".[/SPOILER-BOX]

Another (CAST) was based on some sonic character shit with a colon-cancer name, but shortened in later incarnations.
[SPOILER-BOX]Rou'mi is a seducer, a "gentlemen's woman." But her quirk doesn't mean it interferes with her job as a Little Wing ex-guardian mercenary (maybe).[/SPOILER-BOX]

*admits to created characters after video game ones*

Shakuri
Oct 14, 2010, 05:21 PM
Original, both of my characters have the same name. One is a Female CAST Hunter and one is a Female Newman Force. The CAST is supposed to be a power suit, and the Newman is the real deal that uses said CAST as suit. I only play the CAST when I'm being more lazy than usual, and it fits the characters background as only using the suit when shes being lazy.

Mike
Oct 14, 2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1032&pictureid=12190

My character's name goes back to my third PSO character. I was reading Five Star Stories at the time so Lachesis seemed like a good name. My PSO character ended up nothing like the FSS character though and it was the one I spent the most time on in PSO. The name has stuck over the various PS games and ended up in PSP2 (though my character no longer wears this outfit).

I don't usually make backstories for my characters but either for the PSO version of this character or one that was lost to corruption, I think I was thinking about the character being found among some wreckage in the Mines with a wiped memory. It never went further than that though. Coming up with compelling stories has never been my strong point.

While I don't have a pictures, I have another character in PSP2 name Shisuru. He's a Shizuru copy only short, fat, and mustached. He also wheezes after each auto-word.

DarkPhoton
Oct 14, 2010, 08:56 PM
lol Fat shizuru

Relix-X.0
Oct 14, 2010, 09:05 PM
The only time I don't do original is when I start getting goofy with my friends (the horrible, horrible things we make with character creation).

I'm pretty avid on the pen and paper RPG scene, so making back stories for all my characters comes natural to me. I don't want to torture people with the long and checkered story of the Relix series since I just joined ^^

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
I see that a lot of people also have their own little backstories for their characters. That's good. I would put up all my characters stories, but altogether, they literally span generations. I've been writing fan fictions since mid-2007, so it would take a very long time to explain everything.

TheMoustache
Oct 14, 2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not as creative as everyone else. My main looks like a spy and I use mostly Stun and Incapacitation weapons. He's also a nigh untouchable Vanguard and has his title set as 'Silent Assassin' from getting Ranger to level 10. I just made him a former assassin.

Also, does anyone have a naming theme for their characters? Mine are named after characters from the Arthurian legend. My main is named Gawain, a male Cast named Lancelot, RAcaseal named Guinivere, Male Beast named Mordred, and a Female Newman Force named Morgana. I've got a thing for Medieval history and legends. Infinity's default Male Cast gets me excited.

8BitGinno
Oct 14, 2010, 10:05 PM
I've usually gone for one style of looks in games I play. The tend to be simplistic, with an Ichimaru Gin look (Bleach Anime).

As for the name, it's just my own personal online alias.

Pavichokche
Oct 14, 2010, 10:12 PM
Also, does anyone have a naming theme for their characters? Mine are named after characters from the Arthurian legend. My main is named Gawain, a male Cast named Lancelot, RAcaseal named Guinivere, Male Beast named Mordred, and a Female Newman Force named Morgana. I've got a thing for Medieval history and legends. Infinity's default Male Cast gets me excited.

Haha that's so sweet. I named 2 of my characters after the main characters from Ergo Proxy and one after a Bleach character. The fourth one I randomly decided to call Dante (from the poem). The next character I make will be called either Ein or Drei, a female human ranger.

Maan, I just really wish there was SOME way to rename characters. It's such a stupid limitation when you consider that you can change pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE about them. If you can augment your body type and voice, what's so hard about getting a name change??? HUH, SEGA???

PinkyMonkey
Oct 14, 2010, 10:16 PM
Idea 1: Tonnio and Lhinna's unborn child come back in time to make fun of them for being small.

Idea 2: Roleplaying as an MTV reality TV scout trying to determine if Emilia is drama enough to be on the next season of Moatoob Shore".

d19xx
Oct 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
It's such a stupid limitation when you consider that you can change pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE about them. If you can augment your body type and voice, what's so hard about getting a name change??? HUH, SEGA???

Sega, is copying Capcom's Monster Hunter formula too much. They even limited the trading, because MH has it also.

inb4psocameoutb4mh

that cast named kai
Oct 14, 2010, 10:55 PM
i have kept the same main character since pso on th gc,

a black hucast named kai, i haven't really thought much on the back story, he has been more or less a rather eccentric, but none the less well skilled fighter, who got quickly scraped fighting olga flow, with his consciousness seeming to drift in the photon flow until he found himself occupying his current body, he is using his second chance at life to continue on his path of killing thing while looking cool and screaming huzzah!!! for no real reason.

the other main character i started up when i got to psu, kohei, a newman physician who seemed to have two things on his mind: ladies, finding out when he was actually going to get paid for giving up his practice on nuedaiz to serve as a field medic for the guardians

most others i have created have been randoms out of boredom, with no real story to them

DoubleJG
Oct 14, 2010, 11:19 PM
The two characters that I have so far are based off me: DoubleJG (looks like me minus facial hair), and Jay Slug (my other nickname).

I plan on remaking my PSU character, Celebi, based off of Celebi (obviously).

I also plan on remaking Mr. Yasminkov, a character that specializes in using the Yasminkov gun (again, obviously).

The four remaining slots are to be determined.

ZeroXRaven
Oct 14, 2010, 11:41 PM
Well back in the late PSO days on GC and Xbox I created a character who would forever define my characters on Phantasy Star games since creating my first character that was apart of a clan. I have since turned that character into a streamline series of different versions.

Basically they are a Cast built specifically by me and are all related in that they are "Me" basically ....the first was;
BA X-7 - The original from PSO (Xbox)
BA X/7 - The second version (Gamecube)
Neu X-6 - Neu is german for new and this is my only "Male" version (DS)
BA X-6 - The newest version from PsPo1 and 2 (Imported on PSP)

I think it's cool because it's like a code name for a robot...although I am finding it difficult to find a definitive look for my PSPo2 version

Alexandria
Oct 15, 2010, 01:09 AM
Well, I'm gonna feel kinda dumb for posting this up, but I may as well. I usually make up storylines for all my characters, usually taking place in the same world. My most developed one by far is Alexandria, though.
She lived in a secluded village near the Krkonoše. A mountain range north of the Czech Republic. (These are all real places, btw, despite the rest being total fiction.) She lived happily with her best friend Ahross, a boy a year older than her. When she was 8 years old though, her village was attacked by monsters known as The Feare. Vile beasts resembling some form of humanoid dinosaurs. Her entire family was killed in front of her eyes, one of the monsters coming towards her to finish the job.

Just before the Feare's axe slices her skull open, the beast stops, looking to be frozen in ice. Alex opens her eyes to see herself covered in a silver and blue colored armor. It has 6 curved blades coming off her shoulder blades going downward, with several knives along her forearms and the back of the suit's elbows. The helmet on her head has a human looking face chiseled into the front, with 2 blades going backwards on the top. She could feel sharp pieces of metal in the armor pricking her skin, and her eyes turn a bright pink color. One of the Feare screeches barely audible english saying "It's one of them!" She cups her hands over her ears, scared out of her wits as she runs out of the burning hut that used to be her home. As she rushes past the Feare they become frozen solid like the first one. She keeps running out of the village, screaming at the top of her lungs, any monsters that try to stop her are put into the same state as the others.

She escapes the Feare.
She starts to slow down after running for what feels like hours. As she opens her eyes, she gasps, stopping herself, nearly falling off a cliff. She falls to her knees, trying to catch her breath. Reality sets in as she bursts into tears, realizing what had just happened. Everything she knew and loved was gone, and she was lost in the woods alone. Her train of thought was broken, however, thanks to a cracking sound coming from behind her. The patch of dirt on the edge of the cliff was collapsing due to the weight of her armor. It weighs quite a bit, though she doesn't feel it for reasons unknown to her. The edge of the cliff falls before she can move, falling to the ground. She passes out before hitting the ground.

What continues next may...well, insult some people, perhaps, due to some adult nature, so I'll leave it out. Cut to years later, Alex is now in her late 20's, with a new life, working with her partner as an agent of the FBI, working in a division based specifically on combating Feare and Feare related attacks.

Man, that was a wall-o-text and a half. I'd post it in Fanfics, but the main stories for my characters, really have no relation to the PS series >.>; If you took the time to read all that, you have my sympathy. :3

BIG OLAF
Oct 15, 2010, 01:12 AM
Well, I'm gonna feel kinda dumb for posting this up

You shouldn't. Almost everyone else here posted their stories. It's no big deal. It shows creativity (not to mention it's fun). I, for one, love to read other people's character blurbs.

Nidramag
Oct 15, 2010, 07:52 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Well, I'm gonna feel kinda dumb for posting this up, but I may as well. I usually make up storylines for all my characters, usually taking place in the same world. My most developed one by far is Alexandria, though.
She lived in a secluded village near the Krkonoše. A mountain range north of the Czech Republic. (These are all real places, btw, despite the rest being total fiction.) She lived happily with her best friend Ahross, a boy a year older than her. When she was 8 years old though, her village was attacked by monsters known as The Feare. Vile beasts resembling some form of humanoid dinosaurs. Her entire family was killed in front of her eyes, one of the monsters coming towards her to finish the job.

Just before the Feare's axe slices her skull open, the beast stops, looking to be frozen in ice. Alex opens her eyes to see herself covered in a silver and blue colored armor. It has 6 curved blades coming off her shoulder blades going downward, with several knives along her forearms and the back of the suit's elbows. The helmet on her head has a human looking face chiseled into the front, with 2 blades going backwards on the top. She could feel sharp pieces of metal in the armor pricking her skin, and her eyes turn a bright pink color. One of the Feare screeches barely audible english saying "It's one of them!" She cups her hands over her ears, scared out of her wits as she runs out of the burning hut that used to be her home. As she rushes past the Feare they become frozen solid like the first one. She keeps running out of the village, screaming at the top of her lungs, any monsters that try to stop her are put into the same state as the others.

She escapes the Feare.
She starts to slow down after running for what feels like hours. As she opens her eyes, she gasps, stopping herself, nearly falling off a cliff. She falls to her knees, trying to catch her breath. Reality sets in as she bursts into tears, realizing what had just happened. Everything she knew and loved was gone, and she was lost in the woods alone. Her train of thought was broken, however, thanks to a cracking sound coming from behind her. The patch of dirt on the edge of the cliff was collapsing due to the weight of her armor. It weighs quite a bit, though she doesn't feel it for reasons unknown to her. The edge of the cliff falls before she can move, falling to the ground. She passes out before hitting the ground.

What continues next may...well, insult some people, perhaps, due to some adult nature, so I'll leave it out. Cut to years later, Alex is now in her late 20's, with a new life, working with her partner as an agent of the FBI, working in a division based specifically on combating Feare and Feare related attacks.

Man, that was a wall-o-text and a half. I'd post it in Fanfics, but the main stories for my characters, really have no relation to the PS series >.>; If you took the time to read all that, you have my sympathy. :3[/SPOILER-BOX]

Put a spoiler box around it so we don't have a repeat wall of text for peopl to scroll past ^^;

the first paragraph made me think "If Fable 1's opening was made by the Japanese"

but damn, you really thought this through

Lucky 777
Oct 15, 2010, 08:34 AM
Though I have 5 characters only 2 have stories.My first character is called Irenes she is the sister of my PSP1 character Teal. Irenes had to break away from her rich and noble family to make a name for herself seeing as everyone only ever gives Teal attention for saving Gurhal in PSP1.
My second character Ryoho is a Half-Beast kid with "wild child" tendencies.His father was a skilled martial artist, while his human mother was a veteran AMF officer. Both his parents were extremely strict with tight rules.With all these limitations he eventually snapped ran away and lived life as a poor vagabond till he ran into Little Wing.
Also my characters didn't come out as wanted in appearance either (Irenes should have long wavy hair or princess curls while Ryoho should be barefoot.)

Ami
Oct 15, 2010, 09:04 AM
I use completely original characters with my stuff. Though it's a hassle that I can't make for fun characters because I HAVE to have some sort of backstory to define their looks.

Ami's backstory
[SPOILER-BOX] Ami Satomora is my oldest (in terms of creation) ones around. Started as I didn't want to use "Amy" anymore. She's developed into my favorite original character (I mean, you can just see the sheer amount of art I made using her as a base). Ami joined the Guardians sometime after the Unification Point in PSU epi.1. And it basically follows her story via ep.2-3. I changed that she didn't relieve her duty as commander or Mobile Defense, but let go instead. She left a year after that and then PSPo2 happens. Her love for Hyuga is obvious to everyone except for the man himself .___________.". The HU of the group.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Megami's backstory
[SPOILER-BOX]Megami was originally meant to be like "Cast that looks like Ami" but she developed into her own character too. She's my second. She can hack into machines, for short periods of time, by sending a bit of her consciousness into the machine itself. It's pretty taxing on her systems so she only uses it in very extreme cases. Meant to be mass produced, it was quickly stopped due to her very eccentric personality. Once PSPo2 came around, she lost her plain looks and went with a more outlandish appearance. Very light teal spiky hair, one of the tallest characters and showing a lot of skin (she has the body to do it O ^Ob ). She left the Guardians because "it was too boring." Her Nakama is my friend newman alt. Mostly because of the dynamics, Megami's very tall while Alenia (my friend's newman) is very short. But you mess with Alenia, and Megami will kick your ass. Or blow it up with a Grenade Launcher. She's the RA of the group.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ashelyn's backstory
[SPOILER-BOX]Ashelyn Flowen, likes to be called Ashe for short, is a Newman Guardian who stays with Little Wing as a liason (after Lumia becomes a teacher at the Guardians Academy). He's soft spoken. But great to be around. Joined the Guardians after his younger sister was killed in that out of control Casts incident in ep.2. Great friends with Ami. Recently got married before going to Little Wing. The FO and male of the group.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rieana's backstory
[SPOILER-BOX]Rieana Flowen, is the for fun character within my boundaries. She's Ashelyn's and his wife's daughter from the future. I don't really have a backstory for her, because it would go into pure crack. She's the VA and loli of the group. [/SPOILER-BOX]

I had a beast, but I really don't like playing her. So when Infinity rolls around, She'll be replaced by my Deuman.

Akumi's backstory
[SPOILER-BOX]Akumi "Septimus", was the result of trying to man-make a Deuman. Akumi is like the evil clone version of Ami. Seeing as her DNA was used, with a Seed's to create her. So in a sense, Ami is her mom. But yeah her last name is in quotation marks because Akumi doesn't consider that her last name. Her last name is the same as a professor who worked in GRM (back when they had ties with Illumiuns) and was responsible for creating Akumi. She escaped during the hunt down of Illuminus members and now joins up with a Deuman supremacy group. She really doesn't believe in them so fully, but it gives her something to do. Met Ami during one of their skirmishes and now wants to kill her <o<. She used to have her eyepatch to hide her right crimson eye, but now has it to cover her blue left eye. I think I'll make her a VA[/SPOILER-BOX]

Pavichokche
Oct 15, 2010, 09:10 AM
Hmm...after reading through this thread, I've come to a conclusion. I don't care about this game nearly as much as most of you...
I just like to kill stuff with shiny weapons...

Akaimizu
Oct 15, 2010, 10:52 AM
For me, it's not caring as much about the game. It's more of a "bored of using just some random character that just fights". As a bit of a story writer, entertainer, and composer, my mind is way more active than that. Especially if you give me a robust character designer. It also happens that I've played dozens upon dozens of these kind of games for years, so adding a bit of stuff on top to dress up the atmosphere increases my enjoyment of the game.

Alexandria
Oct 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
Put a spoiler box around it so we don't have a repeat wall of text for peopl to scroll past ^^;

the first paragraph made me think "If Fable 1's opening was made by the Japanese"

but damn, you really thought this through

Not totally untrue. I really did like Fable 1, and it did come to mind while I was writing it. ^^;

blazingsonic
Oct 15, 2010, 11:09 AM
Trina Hunter is based off of one of my character drawings, So yeah she's orignal, Melina is PSO born and I liked her so much I added her to the cast. (No pun intended :P)

Blizz3112
Oct 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
Void: The Young Dark-skinned/White-haired Beast Vanguard. He is my main char, but all the others were just tests to see how the classes work...

Some outfits look really cool on him, and him fighting with a Lightning-charged Rapid Stream makes it even better... :-P