PDA

View Full Version : Reason I keep coming back to PSZ....

ZeroXRaven
Oct 15, 2010, 12:00 AM
Well TBH Phantasy Star Portable 2 is soooo fast paced....I feel like I rarely get a nice break even with my room on their....PSZ 's action is alot slower and more peaceful and graceful IMO...I think that's why I love PSO and PSZ so much is the combat...it's simple, peaceful, and alot more relaxing. The PSP kills my hands where as my DSi is soo comfortable. I am an avid handheld gamer and never has a game hurt my hands or made them sore like PSPo2 has...it's brutal! Which is why I have been preferring playing PSZ lately...Anyone else doing this too? lol

Windancer
Oct 15, 2010, 04:14 PM
I have the same issue with my hands and some handheld systems. I bought a nerf case for my DSi and that feels nice but the psp I cannot play long periods of time without numbness setting in. I havent played psp2 yet but plan to in the next coupel weeks so I will see how it goes

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, although PSP2 is way more fun, IMO, and I didn't really like how PSZ's combat system was so slow, I do like that PSZ's has some sort of grace about it.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 15, 2010, 05:53 PM
Yes, and I have a haiku to go along with it:

Graceful butterfly,
Floating on the gentle breeze,
Will you soar away?

I dunno what it means, but PSZ rules. I also have yet to experience this numbness you all are having, and I've been playing my PSP (with Dissidia, rather than PS:P2) pretty fervently. Three weeks of Dissidia and nearly 250 hours clocked in (with probably only around 200 of them actually played rather than left on at night), and no numbness felt from playing the game. :P

Seth Astra
Oct 15, 2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, the only pain I get from playing PSP2 is in my index figner, repedidly bending it to hit the camera controls. It starts to hurt after a few hours.

PSZFann
Oct 15, 2010, 07:25 PM
i want a PSP so freakin bad right now

Windancer
Oct 15, 2010, 07:47 PM
i want a PSP so freakin bad right now

i'm repairing my old psp2000 which has a shattered screen I should have my parts sometime next week then psp2 here I come :)

ZeroXRaven
Oct 15, 2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, the only pain I get from playing PSP2 is in my index figner, repedidly bending it to hit the camera controls. It starts to hurt after a few hours.

I have an original PSP 1000 and the analog stick just RAPES my thumb...like literally, I guess it's because I have big hands and the PSP is not very comfortable in them but it kills my thumb with it's tiny little analog nub haha...The DS's D pad is just as good as an analog stick if not better IMO....I love How good Nintendo is at making handhelds...I'm sure the 3DS will be no exception and hopefully we see another Phantasy Star game for that as well

Windancer
Oct 15, 2010, 11:42 PM
I have an original PSP 1000 and the analog stick just RAPES my thumb...like literally, I guess it's because I have big hands and the PSP is not very comfortable in them but it kills my thumb with it's tiny little analog nub haha...The DS's D pad is just as good as an analog stick if not better IMO....I love How good Nintendo is at making handhelds...I'm sure the 3DS will be no exception and hopefully we see another Phantasy Star game for that as well

*Drools* Phantasy star on 3DS

PSZFann
Oct 16, 2010, 11:39 PM
i think they should just make it compatable for all DS systems

PSZFann
Oct 16, 2010, 11:43 PM
anyone know where the best place to get a cheap PSP is?

anyone have any ideas

OwlRammer
Oct 17, 2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I kinda stopped playing PSZ lately (mostly because of issues in life), but I am going to start playing it again. I mean my characters don't level up by themselves! :D

Also, how's PS:P2? I've been planning on getting that, but never have got a chance to (no money). Also, I would need to get a bigger memory stick (I'm preeetty sure 32 MB isn't going to cut it anymore XD).

ZeroXRaven
Oct 17, 2010, 12:50 AM
anyone know where the best place to get a cheap PSP is?

Amazon or Craigslist would be your best bet...most PSP's on Craigslist are around 50 dollars

As for the other guy...It's an astounding game...I love the amount of things to do most of all....Building a room, 1000s of weapons, buying clothes, going online and making friends, and just everything you'd want....For me though the combat it a little to rough on my hands....MAJOR breaks for that game for me haha

As for it being the better game...Well it's all about preference...Do u prefer a DS or PSP, A Slow paced game or a fast paced one, or more content or less content....I wouldn't say your missing out much but you defintley should try and get it...great game

PSZFann
Oct 17, 2010, 01:18 AM
the cheapest is 99 wich is the same as at gamestop