PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 drop rates.

Evegodenraven
Oct 17, 2010, 03:43 AM
ok. i have a question about the drop charts cause me and a friend have 2 opinions about how the drops works and we need help with it.

i say that the drops work like pso ID's list so that what ever the leader is a hunter, everyone in the party gets the hunter item drop list in missions.

and my friend says that it depends on what class you are. as in even if your a hunter and the party leader is a vanguard, your hunter will get the hunter drop list and not the vanguard drop list.

can someone clear that up for me please?

Feggge
Oct 17, 2010, 04:09 AM
I'm just guessing, but since it appears that all players get individual drops it might as well be that you as a hunter, for example, gets hunter drops regardless of which type the leader is. Would make sense to me.

Mike
Oct 17, 2010, 04:13 AM
Drops are based on the leader's type.

Evegodenraven
Oct 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
can someone help us get this solved unless Mike really knows that it's leader.

Ceresa
Oct 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
You could just go take 5 mins and test yourself on C Undersea ruins and kill Tavalus, Vg and Hu have different drops from Ra and Fo.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'd say that it would make more sense that everyone gets their own type's drops, and that not everyone's drops are affected by the leaders type only. But, I don't know, so I can't say for certain.

Megiddon
Oct 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
I read somewhere that its all based off the leader's class

Ce'Nedra
Oct 17, 2010, 02:23 PM
It's based on Leader's Class just like on PSO the leaders Section ID would tell what drops you get.

BIG OLAF
Oct 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
I read somewhere that its all based off the leader's class

If that's true (which I'm sure it is), I think that's a poor choice on Sega's part. You have to base what drops you, personally, will get off of someone else's class choice? Doesn't sound very fair to me.

Ceresa
Oct 17, 2010, 02:28 PM
If that's true (which I'm sure it is), I think that's a poor choice on Sega's part. You have to base what drops you, personally, will get off of someone else's class choice? Doesn't sound very fair to me.

The actual worthwhile rares are shared across the types at 100+. Does it really matter if you get shit like Grand Cross instead of shit like Gudda Hon?

Fayorei
Oct 17, 2010, 02:36 PM

I actually think it's kind of cool. It was this way in the original PSO (no idea on PSU), and it helped me personally to get items outside of my own Section ID, or I suppose in this case, Type. And I guess if someone wanted drops from their own charts in multi, why not make a game with their own room? Me and my friends back then would basically chat and see who needed/wanted what and put whoever had the drops as leader. I guess the problem with PSP2 might be the lack of lobby a bit, but the chats and such seem like a good place to find people with different classes to group with.:D

There's also the fact that higher-level rares can't be traded, so I think this system is even nicer for that. Rare-hunting with friends with different Sect IDs was a great time since I saw stuff I normally didn't while hosting my own games.

Then again... I've heard both accounts of "Whomever is hosting determines drops!" and "Your own Type ALWAYS determines drops regardless of leader!" I haven't heard a clear-straight forward consensus yet, but I suppose this thread is closest to it. Failing that, I'll see when I play online. I've been busy, and I have a weird thing about getting to at least level 20-25 before going online! *laughs*

chaoelite
Oct 17, 2010, 02:39 PM
From my experience it is based on player type i'v hosted parties on hunter and vanguard and other players have gotten drops that i can't see and are under their respected jobs drop list and not mine.

hyjin
Oct 18, 2010, 07:41 AM
From my experience it is based on player type i'v hosted parties on hunter and vanguard and other players have gotten drops that i can't see and are under their respected jobs drop list and not mine.

yha i have to agree with that bc you dont notice that there was a rare drop until the person that sees it or has that specific class picks it up and the little warning come up saying " blah blah picked up ??? with 9*"

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'll say it again. Drops are based off the leader's table.

The actual worthwhile rares are shared across the types at 100+. Does it really matter if you get shit like Grand Cross instead of shit like Gudda Hon?
This is true. The percentage each weapon has to drop will change based on type though.