PDA

View Full Version : Buyin a new PSP

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 17, 2010, 12:59 PM
Yea, my first gen model is slowly petering out so I figured I need to upgrade. Like nao. So I was wondering, which is much better, the slim or the lite? I have no idea what is better. Can someone help a miko out?

LeonAlabard
Oct 17, 2010, 01:20 PM
Firstly, ignore the PSPgo. Just ignore it. Someone will eventually post why. (EDIT: no UMD drive, too expensive...).

I personally prefer the PSP-3000 (I have one too). Better image quality and better battery duration (not that I really noticed this one, I dont have a PSP2000 to compare). The design is mostly identical to the 2000 model.

If you are looking for CFW things, go for a PSP-2000. It is easier to do it with this model.

Weeaboolits
Oct 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
Wait for that new one they're making with the improved analog and battery.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 17, 2010, 01:42 PM

Gotcha. Right now analog for the PSP-1000 is starting to go. So I'll just make do with what I got until the PSP-4000(?) comes out.

LeonAlabard
Oct 17, 2010, 01:57 PM

Which new one you are talking about? The new Monster Hunter bundle (http://justreveal.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-psp-bundle.jpg)? It is just a PSP-3000 with a new analog stick, and a slightly better battery duration, not a PSP-4000 or something like that.
And it will take a while before the bundle reaches the west, probably somewhere in 2011 (It wasn't released on japan yet).

EDIT: a little rumor, but I heard that, eventually, you will be able to buy the new battery and the new analog separately, so you can put them in your "old" PSP-3000 model.

Vanzazikon
Oct 17, 2010, 06:03 PM
Which new one you are talking about? The new Monster Hunter bundle (http://justreveal.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-psp-bundle.jpg)? It is just a PSP-3000 with a new analog stick, and a slightly better battery duration, not a PSP-4000 or something like that.
And it will take a while before the bundle reaches the west, probably somewhere in 2011 (It wasn't released on japan yet).

EDIT: a little rumor, but I heard that, eventually, you will be able to buy the new battery and the new analog separately, so you can put them in your "old" PSP-3000 model.
Holy mother- that's beautiful.

FarenKar
Oct 18, 2010, 08:09 AM
That new MH PSP looks gorgeous, not at all how I'd picture a MH device would look, really. I wants it. ._.

Kion
Oct 18, 2010, 11:51 PM
I looked into cfw for the pso-3000. It's possible, you just can't do it beyond firmware 3.05 or something.

As far as the PSPgo, it looks like it would be a great system except it's way too expensive, and games are unreasonably priced on psn, no trade ins. If cfw were possible on the go it would be pretty worth it. It's better to think of go as an mp3 player as opposed to a game system. You can buy it used for cheaper than an iPod touch, has 16GB internal memory and the games while expensive are millions of times better than the shit on iTunes (Seriously fuck Jobs, I want a phone with buttons and or a stylus).

The 3000 isn't any considerable upgrade over the 2000, they just made a new system that was more hack proof. Gameplay wise I don't think there's any difference.

kevlar_pso
Oct 19, 2010, 03:12 AM
I bought a PSP Go for my son for his birthday last month. If you walk into a Kroger you can buy one for $150. That's a pretty good deal. Also, if you buy NBA2K11 through the PSN Store for PSP it is only $20!!!!!!!!!!