PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Gemega Tips?

Shadowjesse626
Oct 17, 2010, 01:59 PM
ok so i already beat it twice without taking the shiziuru route, but i cant even beat once when i take shizuru route! i always beat 2 of them and then the last kills me by shooting a purple bullet or something. i'm a vanguard btw...

Alexandria
Oct 17, 2010, 03:19 PM
Here's what ya do. Don't use any of your Stun EX traps in the mission. Once you get to Shizuru, stun trap them. His clones will be stunlocked leaving only him to fight. Try to burn down the real Shizuru ASAP, because if he goes into gun mode, he'll one shot you.

DarkPhoton
Oct 17, 2010, 03:32 PM
Honestly when he starts using guns is when i have the easiest time with him, If you stay up in his face he never hits you with them.

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
also donīt use knock PAīs on the real shizuru, that way he will never use the blue wave attack counter it has

Shadowjesse626
Oct 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
thx i just beat it. i used twin sabers this time instead of knuckles and the traps really helped. i got S rank but still didnt get any of his weapons :(

TerraBreak
Oct 17, 2010, 06:36 PM
in relation to shizuru, what level does he drop the tumiki hyori?

Alexandria
Oct 17, 2010, 06:39 PM
in relation to shizuru, what level does he drop the tumiki hyori?

At 100+.

TerraBreak
Oct 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
At 100+.

thanks! i thought you need to be like 150+ or something like that

Alexandria
Oct 17, 2010, 07:21 PM
thanks! i thought you need to be like 150+ or something like that

I got them at level 95 in Gemaga, so I doubt the drops change from 100 to 105.

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 12:19 AM
If you're still having trouble, this might give you a few hints:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMZX--zkXo

PinkyMonkey
Oct 18, 2010, 01:05 AM
Wow, without meaning any disrespect to anyone, makes me glad I dont have a VG or use traps as this just looks like it would suck the fun out of the game for me.Then again to each their own =)

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 01:52 AM
It's the fastest way to run a mission with good exp and decent mission points and using traps beats trying to slug it through most of the enemies.

xBladeM6x
Oct 18, 2010, 02:21 AM
Any hunter tips? I'm assuming just carry traps galore, and then use burn on Vol Brothers / Shizuru?

d19xx
Oct 18, 2010, 04:55 AM

YouTube - ?PSPo2? Lvl200Br ???? ??????(1:47) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMZX--zkXo)

I feel like a noob after watching that.......

r00tabaga
Oct 18, 2010, 08:14 AM
Wow.....that was impressive!

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 08:26 AM
If you follow where Loli drops the drops, it's a pretty easy run as a vanguard. You don't need to rush though.

r00tabaga
Oct 18, 2010, 09:09 AM
Is there any reason to rush? There is a counter and I'm wondering if there is any reward for beating it under a certain time.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Oct 18, 2010, 01:14 PM
That video really makes me feel like a noob >.>

I do the run in 5 minutes doing my own thing.

This could really help in cutting run times much shorter for me.

I want my damned Tsumikiri Hyori T T

RoxasNeval
Oct 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
heh i do just that,spam traps and p.a's :D

Lolitron
Oct 18, 2010, 04:34 PM

YouTube - ?PSPo2? Lvl200Br ???? ??????(1:47) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMZX--zkXo)

Hey that's me!! That video is a bad one too. I just settled with whatever since I have to play on a tiny screen with no sound while recording :(. I've done it in 1:38 before.

If it helps the build for my fCast (from what I remember, haven't played it in ages):
PP High Boost (2)
PP Boost (1)
PP Skill Save (2)
PP Recover Boost (2)
Burst Bomber (1)

Armor:
Any S-rank armor
+25 ATP
+25 ATP
+25 ATP
+25 ATP

Weapons:
HyakkaWhatever (extended)
Winning Apple (extended)

Bitzen
Oct 18, 2010, 04:39 PM
As a HU I would go with cyclone dance on most mobs and dus skadd on the bigger enemies. For shizuru freeze traps to help with the clones and blade destruction on shizuru. Don't want that knockback shockwave counter attack.

xBladeM6x
Oct 19, 2010, 11:18 PM
Would be nice to see if anyone has a video for beating Gemaga and Magashi Plan as a Hunter. Would help me a bunch. ;-)

Randomness
Oct 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
Here's what ya do. Don't use any of your Stun EX traps in the mission. Once you get to Shizuru, stun trap them. His clones will be stunlocked leaving only him to fight. Try to burn down the real Shizuru ASAP, because if he goes into gun mode, he'll one shot you.

The best thing to do is try to keep him in the Stun EX radius while he fights in sword mode.

If he goes into gun mode, the big problem is the special combo he does-it can easily kill you. If you survive that, you can just fight back with guns. The damage isn't nearly as good, but you can just go for a big chain break.

Lolitron
Oct 19, 2010, 11:57 PM
Would be nice to see if anyone has a video for beating Gemaga and Magashi Plan as a Hunter. Would help me a bunch. ;-)

It is equally easy as HU. Just more time consuming.

In fact Magashi Plan is almost easier as HU. Sometimes it helps to reflect on what you're doing wrong in order to improve.

xBladeM6x
Oct 20, 2010, 12:01 AM
It is equally easy as HU. Just more time consuming.

In fact Magashi Plan is almost easier as HU. Sometimes it helps to reflect on what you're doing wrong in order to improve.
While that's philosophical, it's not really answering my request. :etongue:

Lolitron
Oct 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
While that's philosophical, it's not really answering my request. :etongue:

Pretty much everywhere I used an Ex Trap/Traps, use Cyclone Dance.

On Shizuru, don't use Cyclone Dance. Use Freeze traps + normal traps to kill the clones. Use blade destruction/skadd to kill the main Shizuru.

xBladeM6x
Oct 20, 2010, 12:53 AM
Pretty much everywhere I used an Ex Trap/Traps, use Cyclone Dance.

On Shizuru, don't use Cyclone Dance. Use Freeze traps + normal traps to kill the clones. Use blade destruction/skadd to kill the main Shizuru.
Now that's advice. :-P

I usually Cyclone dance everything without a problem. It's more or less killing Shizuru that's the problem. I've been able to kill his clones before with Cyclone Dance because it tosses them, but It might help to use Skadd/Blade Destruction on the main Shizuru. My only concern is being immobile from those PA's. Also, how much more health does the real one have as opposed to the two fake ones?

Alexandria
Oct 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
Now that's advice. :-P

I usually Cyclone dance everything without a problem. It's more or less killing Shizuru that's the problem. I've been able to kill his clones before with Cyclone Dance because it tosses them, but It might help to use Skadd/Blade Destruction on the main Shizuru. My only concern is being immobile from those PA's. Also, how much more health does the real one have as opposed to the two fake ones?

2 to 3 times more.

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 08:31 AM
Heya guys.

Whats your views/opinions on the DLC Gemaga?

Also, do you have any hint's tips for players?

I have got to the Vol Brothers, and keep dying. I'm using Sweet Death linked with Absolute Dance, and I can take the minions out fairly quickly. Its Electric type, just so you know.

I had a nice Huge Cutter drop on it aswell, 60% Electric. ^_^

Answers on a postcard please.

SC

xBladeM6x
Oct 21, 2010, 08:35 AM
Personally, when I play Gemaga It's like an addiction. "Just one more run, just one more run..." :-P

Anyways, some tips are:

- To go Vanguard until level 7 and get the ability Burst Bomber regardless of the class you play. This will make this mission 10x less stressful to go through.
- When using striking weapons, Cyclone Dance is great against everything.
- Again, traps are your friend. EX or not, they're all good.
- Kill the brother that uses fists first. A good spamming of Dus Skadd should clean him up real smoooooooooth.

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 08:45 AM
Looks like I'm switching classes then From HU to VG. Traps... hmmm. never been a big trap user, spose now is the best time to learn.

What happens after you knock out the Vol Brothers?

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 10:02 AM
Looks like I'm switching classes then From HU to VG. Traps... hmmm. never been a big trap user, spose now is the best time to learn.

What happens after you knock out the Vol Brothers?

You win! :3

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet! Looks like I'm doing B Rank missions for a while to get VG up to level 7

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sweet! Looks like I'm doing B Rank missions for a while to get VG up to level 7

I'd recommend hard mdoe story missions. They usually give a good 100 MP each run.

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm level 77. I won't be able to do story mode unless its Chapter 1 over and over to get it up. Or is that the general idea? VG is Level 1. I've been HU from the start.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
Or is that the general idea?

Exactly. I leveled Ranger from 1 to 8 on just 1-1 hard when I was about 80-90. It was a cakewalk. Just get yourself some of those Kubara copy weapons from the shop, since they can have stats equal to 7-12*'s.

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
You mean like Jitseec and the 'Rogue Type's' that once upgraded bring up to scratch?

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
You mean like Jitseec and the 'Rogue Type's' that once upgraded bring up to scratch?

Right. After you clear Hard mode you also unlock the S rank copies. Which are actually B rank, but they're almost as good as the real versions! Really useful if you want something like a pair of good twin handguns for just optional use, like on flying bosses, but you don't wanna spend the type points to get it to S rank.

SC
Oct 21, 2010, 05:22 PM
Oh right! Good to know! I'll keep an eye out! It'll be a while yet till I complete Hard Mode Story, I would like to beat Gemaga. But thanks for the info Alex :3

r00tabaga
Oct 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
...what do you do with the Gamega game tickets that you rec'v from this run???

Kurosu
Oct 22, 2010, 09:39 AM
You can trade them for items with the cast guy at the beginning of the level, 2 tickets per item.

Most of the stuff he can give isn't very good though.

r00tabaga
Oct 22, 2010, 01:38 PM
Tyvm! I just got a 44% lightning Double Agitoc 1st try...