PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Online activity

Dr. Pariolo
Oct 18, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hey;
Just got the game yesterday. Im really enjoying a lot. Not to start a rant of PSU X360, but at least this version has graphics that are honorable for the system its on, and it doesnt lag depending on where you are facing. Makes it way easier to enjoy.

Ive been browsing a couple of pages on this section, and all i found is some random topics about ventrilo servers. Being many of them leads me to think they usually dont last long. Again, not to start a rant on vent, but i dont see whats wrong with Skype and Teamspeak, and these solutions are cheaper/free. And that "xat.com" room..

But anyways, like i said i just started this. I would like to be informed with everything i need to know: how does the online work exactly, how many people are active on this thing, what lvl range is there more or less, what kind of communication system do you use etc..

Im wishing to give this game a try. Im a huge fan of the series, i still play as for today the genuine game on the original system (Dreamcast... Hail..) and im looking forward to test this one out. I will be able to play seriously (long nights) whenever i get from ebay my tv out cable. Should be in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance.

8BitGinno
Oct 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ventrilo is light-weight and free. ;)

With that out of the way..

Online mode works like you might think it would. You connect online and find rooms available to join. There's no visual lobby that allows you to see other players, instead you get a list of rooms that you can join.

To be honest, there's not a whole lot of active players, at least in comparison to other online games. Best to play during normal hours to find good rooms. Just so you know now, when searching for games only 20 will be shown so there may be more. And only ones you can enter are shown, so there may be games currently in missions that you can't see.

As for the in-game communication, it is actually not very well implemented. You have to seek out each letter, which is not set up in the keyboard fasion. They could have used that 9 button setup, which IMO would have been a vast improvement.

Despite some of these reasons, and probably a few others, I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. :D