PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 AXES

TerraBreak
Oct 18, 2010, 05:45 PM
anyone here uses an axe?

is it good? since the axe has a stagger ability upon hit i'm thinking of putting a stun or drain ability but i'm not sure if it is a good idea or not, i'm using a humarl by the way

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2010, 05:51 PM
I like them, but only on large enemies with two or more hitboxes (and bosses, of course). They're also kind of useful on large mobs that have low EVP, as axes have very bad accuracy.

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 06:01 PM
I like them more when I'm screwing around. They're good, but the low EVA and ACC you have when using them can be harsh. in many cases they are still better than swords in my opinion.

TerraBreak
Oct 18, 2010, 06:02 PM
I like them, but only on large enemies with two or more hitboxes (and bosses, of course). They're also kind of useful on large mobs that have low EVP, as axes have very bad accuracy.

with regards to accuracy is it ok to equip hit on the armor to make up for it or i'd rather equip power or legs and use another weapon

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2010, 06:08 PM
with regards to accuracy is it ok to equip hit on the armor to make up for it or i'd rather equip power or legs and use another weapon

Well, I use a Feri / Hit for better accuracy, and it definitely makes a difference. If you aren't using a high-end accuracy slot, you might want to pass on axes, honestly.

Oh, and I agree with what Nidramag said: Axes are still better and more fun to use than swords. I was appalled by how god-awful swords are in PSP2. I see zero practicality in using them.

TerraBreak
Oct 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
thanks for all of the replies.. i think i'll stick with the twin claws atm ^_^

d19xx
Oct 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
First and last hit knocks a target down. I usually hit once, if it connects I add a couple of more hits. If it doesn't block or roll.

2 or more targets, hit them once to knock them down and then hit the other target, to avoid getting mobbed.

It's great for enemies that moves fast and retaliates on your first or second hit. Yeah low acc. BUT, if you're in a party, just move behind your target for a sure hit and let your buddies mob the defenseless target. It also staggers large targets :D

Broken_L_button
Oct 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
I like using axes for fun at times too. Especially the lolipop. BEWARE, MOBS! I have a lollipop and I'm not afraid to use it!

Allison_W
Oct 18, 2010, 07:31 PM
Well, I use a Feri / Hit for better accuracy, and it definitely makes a difference. If you aren't using a high-end accuracy slot, you might want to pass on axes, honestly.

Oh, and I agree with what Nidramag said: Axes are still better and more fun to use than swords. I was appalled by how god-awful swords are in PSP2. I see zero practicality in using them.

Considering your hunter is a beast, how would you project axes working for a CAST?

Mike
Oct 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
I've seen casts use axes to knock down high level mobs and then switch to twin sabers or something quicker to put the enemy away before they can get back up. It doesn't always work that way but axes in combination with other weapons are a decent combo.

d19xx
Oct 18, 2010, 08:09 PM
I've seen casts use axes to knock down high level mobs and then switch to twin sabers or something quicker to put the enemy away before they can get back up. It doesn't always work that way but axes in combination with other weapons are a decent combo.

This. Or drop some normal traps. It's nice to see high level mobs looks so defenseless with this tactic...

8BitGinno
Oct 18, 2010, 08:25 PM
I love axes, but yeah that accuracy is terrible.

I'll be only using one on my cast alt because of that.

Pavichokche
Oct 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
So I guess I should re-consider the idea of my beast using axes :(
Maybe if I make her a ranger they would be a more feasible option. Or if I equipped her armor with 3 ACC-boosting modules...

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2010, 08:55 PM
Considering your hunter is a beast, how would you project axes working for a CAST?

Hmm...Considering CASTs are quite a bit better in the accuracy department than Beasts, I'd say that axes might be a considerable weapon by what Mike said ( using them strategically). Still, though, an average axe's accuracy is bad enough that a CAST might have just a touch of trouble, too.

GeoSword
Oct 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
I use axes on my Hunter Human. I too use them for fun sometimes, especially when I have some low level rank (B or C) missions still unfinished. First swing knock them over, the next attack usually splatters them.

DarkPhoton
Oct 18, 2010, 09:30 PM
Jabroken has been fixed, so axes are dead to me.

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 10:10 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/nidramag/ManhuntPSPo2copy.jpg
I made this just for you :)[/SPOILER-BOX]

DarkPhoton
Oct 18, 2010, 10:11 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/nidramag/ManhuntPSPo2copy.jpg
I made this just for you :)[/SPOILER-BOX]
That made me happy

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 10:16 PM
You have no idea how much I was laughing when I was making it

GeoSword
Oct 18, 2010, 10:23 PM
Now if it was to the size of the PSP screen I would use it. I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help it.

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
it's okay, let it out :)

My pictures from the wii version of manhunt 2 were even better

Roontek
Oct 19, 2010, 02:56 AM
Axes are all I use, HUcaseal so the ATA isn't too much of an issue.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2010, 03:17 AM
Anga Dugrega is great (damage is sub par, but if you use it right, monsters can never get up, a lifesaver against Gainozeros and the likes when you are underleveled, also a very accurate PA, which axes need).

Anga Grudda is not as bad as I thought it was at first, but it will take a high-level char to make use of it.

The others are junk.

TerraBreak
Oct 19, 2010, 10:56 AM
guess i'll go ahead and experiment more with the axes,

i'm thinking of getting drain sfx and use for boss monsters, any idea how much you can drain?

aduran
Oct 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
axes are awesome...and in Challenge III you get the new photon art so you can clean up rooms and cause some serious DMG to bosses

TheToyDolls
Oct 19, 2010, 02:29 PM
Axes are all I use, HUcaseal so the ATA isn't too much of an issue.

Amen. Although, I use a Demolition Comet with stun and Nightmare Dust (twin claws) for chaining. I picked up a level 30 Angra Grudda for my HUCaseal and using a fully upgraded Nova Crusher/Ill Gill Testament has me doing some heavy, heavy damage even on low chains. Angra Grudda is very quick and looks awesome.

As far as the low ACC, I leveled up Ranger just a bit to get the ACC boost coupled with one or two ACC modules, and I'm easily able hit enemies 20 levels higher than me online. Yes the EVA decrease is a bit of a drag (mine is horrendously low with axes), but nothing a well-timed dodge/block can't fix. If you don't mind the speed of the axe, and are able to negate it's low ACC, along with being good at dodging and blocking, axes are a hell of a lot of fun.

TerraBreak
Oct 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
that is what i'm thinking, maybe i'll add 2 acc boost on the modules and equip the acc boost skill and start pounding enemies to bits hehehe...

but i'm still can't decide if i will get a stun or drain sfx