PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 What's the deal with De Rol Le ???

Pavichokche
Oct 18, 2010, 06:29 PM
I've battled it two or three times, and every time it took forever to kill. Not because it was tough, but because there were almost no instances when I could deal damage to it (it was the worst with my hunter and vanguard, who have limited range weaponry).

What's up with the buttons on the platform? What am I missing here???

BIG OLAF
Oct 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
I've battled it two or three times, and every time it took forever to kill. Not because it was tough, but because there were almost no instances when I could deal damage to it (it was the worst with my hunter and vanguard, who have limited range weaponry).

What's up with the buttons on the platform? What am I missing here???

Uh, the buttons on the platform move the raft back and forth, so you can get up close to him when he flies low, to the side of the raft. You stand on the buttons to move closer to him so you can hit him with striking weapons.

Sarthraa
Oct 18, 2010, 06:47 PM
Uh, the buttons on the platform move the raft back and forth, so you can get up close to him when he flies low, to the side of the raft. You stand on the buttons to move closer to him so you can hit him with striking weapons.

Ah...that was quite a problem for me as well! Thanks from me to you as well.

Also, congrats on the 900th post! :D

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
I hate it, and how the first form of Falzie in this one is a reskin

Allison_W
Oct 18, 2010, 07:21 PM
You may want to get better ranged weapons so you can shoot De Rol Le while you're waiting for the raft to get closer or fail to reach it. A VAcast, in particular, shouldn't be struggling where ranged combat is concerned--they should be fairly ideal for the task of a mixed melee/ranged boss like De Rol Le.

D-Gold
Oct 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
At times like this I love my racaseal(i think i spelled that right)

Pillan
Oct 18, 2010, 07:33 PM
Another little trick with De Rol Le is to go to one of the corners whenever he heads underwater. If he breaks the raft while you are in the corner, he will wrap his body around it, giving you easy access to melee 2-4 of the target zones, rather than the usual swim around and shot the missile fish.

Pavichokche
Oct 18, 2010, 08:38 PM
You may want to get better ranged weapons so you can shoot De Rol Le while you're waiting for the raft to get closer or fail to reach it. A VAcast, in particular, shouldn't be struggling where ranged combat is concerned--they should be fairly ideal for the task of a mixed melee/ranged boss like De Rol Le.

That's what I thought at first too, but the rifle (fully ground Reflic) was doing mediocre damage, and so was the slicer. To be honest, maybe they would've done more if I managed to hit him more often, but I never got the whole raft-movement thing. Next time it'll go much more smoothly.

Thanks for the answer, guys :D

Alexandria
Oct 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
I hate it, and how the first form of Falzie in this one is a reskin

Actually, both forms of Falz are reskins. :P

XbikXBd
Oct 18, 2010, 09:00 PM
How is that if De rol le came out before falz?(at least on PSU)

DarkPhoton
Oct 18, 2010, 09:11 PM
De Rol Le is my favorite boss.... But I'm also a ranger.

Nidramag
Oct 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
Actually, both forms of Falz are reskins. :P
yeah I know. at least the second reskin is a little more falzie

Fayorei
Oct 19, 2010, 02:04 AM
.... I read the topic title in Jerry Seinfeld's voice. o_O

DarkPhoton
Oct 19, 2010, 03:49 AM
I'm glad i'm not the only one.

So whats the deal with in flight movies?!