PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 What the benefit from leveling the other classes?

TsubasaJ
Oct 19, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm working on my VAcast and I'm pondering spending time as a HUcast, RAcast, FOcast (there's a title I never thought I'd use.).

What mechanical benefits would I gather for dipping into these other classes? Or should I continue to focus on VAnguard for now?

Pillan
Oct 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
The benefit is in the type abilities, which you can use on any other class. For instance, Ranger's Full Charge Shot and Elemental Hit are very useful for a Braver. Force's Assist Advance means that buffs last 20% longer when you cast them. At level 10, Hunter, Ranger, and Force get Freeze, Sleep, and Stun resist, respectively, which is useful if you have not found the units.

Beyond level 10, there really is no reason to continue anything but your main class unless you want the tech speed boosts from Force.

You can look at the ability list here (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Type_abilities) and just level up the other classes to add the ones you want to your main class.

Ceresa
Oct 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
pp skillsave from hunter 30
elemental hit from ranger 8
assist advance from force 3 maybe, if it works with fluge
stun protect from hunter 10 if you don't have S stat units
freeze protect from force 10 if you don't have S stat units

TsubasaJ
Oct 19, 2010, 01:53 PM
Good list. Ah. I can see dipping into Hunter then Ranger will benefit me in the short run. But I'll have to focus on VAngard to get my trap damage up.

Mike
Oct 19, 2010, 08:01 PM
Good list. Ah. I can see dipping into Hunter then Ranger will benefit me in the short run. But I'll have to focus on VAngard to get my trap damage up.
Trap damage is based on your character level so leveling up vanguard to increase trap damage only is valid until Burst Bomber is learned.

Temprus
Oct 19, 2010, 08:16 PM
I think Ceresa has Stun and Freeze backwards.

cold_eXistenZ
Oct 23, 2010, 02:05 AM
Beyond level 10, there really is no reason to continue anything but your main class unless you want the tech speed boosts from Force.

True in a way, but keeping a class at level 10 and expecting to use it effectively is fruitless as you will be limited to the use of just 1 S rank weapon.