PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Having Trouble: Chpt 10:Act 3:Phase 2

Nave
Oct 19, 2010, 02:38 PM
Okay, so this boss is no problem, except when he moves to the edge of the platform then starts barraging the entire platform with purple bolts. There are a veritable shitton of these things and I can't dodge out of the way of them constantly, I've got plenty of PP to do so but they still hit me. I'm wearing light element armor against him as he's a light enemy, but I've also tried other elements including dark (because the bolts are purple) and I've died to him 5 times now with the same thing killing me.

Pretty damn frustrating, anyone have any advice?

I'm a twin saber hunter and I do plenty of damage to the boss, and I can avoid all of his mechanics except for THIS one.

Broken_L_button
Oct 19, 2010, 02:40 PM
This one can be avoided by going to the sides of the stage. Try getting to the very edge to his attack range and hug the stage's edge for dear life.

Casol
Oct 19, 2010, 02:41 PM
i was haveing the same problem as u, and after i figured it out i kinda felt stupid heh. all ya have to do is stand on one of the small discs that's at 9:00 or 3:00. Ya might get hit by one or 2 of the bolts but u will avoid most of them. Hope this helps :)

Kurosu
Oct 19, 2010, 02:52 PM
For sure you must be the first person to ever ask this question.

Nave
Oct 19, 2010, 02:58 PM

For sure

DarkPhoton
Oct 19, 2010, 03:52 PM
For sure

Indeed

Broken_L_button
Oct 19, 2010, 04:01 PM

For sure

Indeed

Though...it's actually weird that people asked much more questions about his "CHECK OUT MAH SUPAH BEAM OF LIGHT" attack, which is much more easier to survive than this one. I mean, once 1 round touches you, unless you're lucky and get pushed to the side of the stage, you'll get combo-raped fast...Unless you pop a mate (then again, I've seen hits register before my mate's healing effect, even if I ate it 1-2 seconds before getting hit or mid-combo).

Shadowjesse626
Oct 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
i usually just stand in front of him and block 0_o though i am a vanguard and most miss me.....

Bern
Oct 19, 2010, 04:19 PM
As said, I usually go stand at the side. I use block all of the time in the meanwhile though, since some stray ones seem to hit me most of the time.

breakeronetwo
Oct 19, 2010, 07:42 PM
i usually just stand in front of him and block 0_o though i am a vanguard and most miss me.....

same here i just stand in front and use guard. one thing that will kill me is the super duper blind your ass and kill you too attack. *sigh*

GantzDetainee
Oct 20, 2010, 01:27 PM
Okay, so this boss is no problem, except when he moves to the edge of the platform then starts barraging the entire platform with purple bolts. There are a veritable shitton of these things and I can't dodge out of the way of them constantly, I've got plenty of PP to do so but they still hit me. I'm wearing light element armor against him as he's a light enemy, but I've also tried other elements including dark (because the bolts are purple) and I've died to him 5 times now with the same thing killing me.

Pretty damn frustrating, anyone have any advice?

I'm a twin saber hunter and I do plenty of damage to the boss, and I can avoid all of his mechanics except for THIS one.

Dont be fooled by his element,all his attacks are dark element so try using your dark armor as for your problem,the only way you can avoid being peppered by his attacks is to time yours.If you see him pause for a really long time after his smash attack its time to hit the sides of the platform and guard.The chances of survival from his attack while your on the middle of the platform are slim to none even if your guarding but if you run to the edges you'll survive it.

Kurosu
Oct 20, 2010, 01:56 PM
The second form is light, only the first form is dark.

GantzDetainee
Oct 20, 2010, 02:00 PM
The second form is light, only the first form is dark.

Yes he is but his attacks still remains dark except for the overhead airial attack.

FarenKar
Oct 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
I ignored element completely, as I tend to do unless I end up firing at something with the same element as my gun, greatly reducing damage.I found the safest places for that machinegun of darkness attack were right in front of him, or off towards the sides, turning to face him and block.

This is one of those bosses with a rather easy to define pattern, and ranged as usual tends to give more opportunity to strike, and leave you less likely to be caught by something like his doom-puddle attack. When I fought him with my twin handguns, the only time I ever stopped running around the edge (always away from my teammates) was when I was blocking his big light that hits everything attack or when I stopped to block his machinegun attack. And of course, to run in just close enough to drop a lvl2 charge shot on his ass.

SubstanceD
Oct 20, 2010, 02:50 PM
I was stuck on this guy for ages as well. As many others have pointed out the best way to avoid this attack is to stand in one of the circles near to the side of him and most if not all of all of the purple laser attacks should miss you. If you are still having trouble with him look up a clip of this boss fight on youtube, once you see how easy this attack is to avoid it makes him alot easier to beat.

Pavichokche
Oct 20, 2010, 03:13 PM
The sad part is that to beat him you really just have to avoid his attacks. Unless you're a much higher level (and a hunter), that's pretty much the game plan. RUN RUN RUN (let the NPCs do some work for once) and only attack him (in the back !!!) when he goes for a "karate chop". When you do, however, make it COUNT ! If you can, release a trap, and then just pounce on him until you get a chain of about 4-5 then release the most powerful PA you've got. Rinse and repeat. Then RUN RUN RUN again xD When he goes for his nuke just use a mate to get your health up to max and then guard. If you are still taking damage, you can use a mate at least one time during the attack.

Kurosu
Oct 21, 2010, 04:21 AM
Yes he is but his attacks still remains dark except for the overhead airial attack.

Can you explain that in a bit more detail? Never heard that.

GantzDetainee
Oct 21, 2010, 05:59 PM
Can you explain that in a bit more detail? Never heard that.

Seems you don't believe me,Not much to explain than go try it yourself by using dark and light armor with the same percentage and try to get hit by his attacks.And yes its so obvious that not all monster in the game are bound to use the same elemental technic with their elemental nature eg Vanda Mehra with Diga or Bel Pannon with Barta or better yet the best example is the Chaos Sorceror with its Rabarta and Gifoie attacks.Even if I have the corresponding armor against the monsters nature but get hit by an elemental attack different from its nature,the damage wont be reduced.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 06:07 PM
Seems you don't believe me,Not much to explain than go try it yourself by using dark and light armor with the same percentage and try to get hit by his attacks.And yes its so obvious that not all monster in the game are bound to use the same elemental technic with their elemental nature eg Vanda Mehra with Diga or Bel Pannon with Barta or better yet the best example is the Chaos Sorceror with its Rabarta and Gifoie attacks.

That's only because those are actual techs though. Angelus' movelist is not accessable to players. I gotta call BS on this. I get my ass pounded if I have dark armor on vs him.

GantzDetainee
Oct 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
That's only because those are actual techs though. Angelus' movelist is not accessable to players. I gotta call BS on this. I get my ass pounded if I have dark armor on vs him.

As you said Angelus moveset is not accessable to players so how would you disprove or prove that im telling a BS? Its an honest observation on my point of view.So dont get your panty on a twist.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 06:23 PM
As you said Angelus moveset is not accessable to players so how would you disprove or prove that im telling a BS? Its an honest observation on my point of view.So dont get your panty on a twist.

I disprove it because I take less damage with light armor, duh...I said it's attacks aren't accessable to players in regards to other techs using the element they're based on. (like Gaozoran dealing fire damage) But since Angelus' moves aren't real techs, they weren't simply copy and pasted. They were built for the monster, based around it's element, AKA: Light.

Broken_L_button
Oct 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
Well, the most certain way of seeing wether or not some of his moves are dark would be to look closely at your character while getting hit (and wearing Light armor); if his moves are indeed dark-based, you should see the same "black smoke" effect that appears when you strike a light element mob with a dark weapon. Then again...Most of his moves flash too much for one to actually notice the visual effects I guess.

GantzDetainee
Oct 22, 2010, 04:49 AM
I disprove it because I take less damage with light armor, duh...I said it's attacks aren't accessable to players in regards to other techs using the element they're based on. (like Gaozoran dealing fire damage) But since Angelus' moves aren't real techs, they weren't simply copy and pasted. They were built for the monster, based around it's element, AKA: Light.

I might believe the attack when he conjures a circle above and bombards the platform 3 times might be a light element and even his arm smash but those dark purplish looking arrow,even those puddle of dark things that surrounds him when he raises his arm and that big dark looking sphere that he conjures with his both arms are light element?I find it rather unbelievable and unfitting even if its made specifically for that type of monster.Either way its your opinion,we just have to agree to disagree.

Blizz3112
Oct 23, 2010, 02:31 PM
He surprised me once with that attack, killing me... after that, running was all I needed to avoid the attack. As for elemental resistance... I found out that the first form did more damage to me as I wore Light armor than the final form...

Alexandria
Oct 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
He surprised me once with that attack, killing me... after that, running was all I needed to avoid the attack. As for elemental resistance... I found out that the first form did more damage to me as I wore Light armor than the final form...

...As it should. The first form IS dark. You can see the element in the corner of the screen when you target a monster.

I might believe the attack when he conjures a circle above and bombards the platform 3 times might be a light element and even his arm smash but those dark purplish looking arrow,even those puddle of dark things that surrounds him when he raises his arm and that big dark looking sphere that he conjures with his both arms are light element?I find it rather unbelievable and unfitting even if its made specifically for that type of monster.Either way its your opinion,we just have to agree to disagree.

So you're basing this totally on the fact that his attacks are purple? Does that mean that Grinna Bete's deal earth damage because their bullets are brown? Does Dulk Fakis' meteor do fire damage because it's red? Do the rogues with the handguns do neutral damage because the bullets are green?
By your logic, all of Magashi's attacks are actually light, because his swords are white.

By the way, this doesn't fall under opinion. Actual fact can NEVER be counted as an opinion. If there is a definite answer to be found, there are no opinions to be made.

GantzDetainee
Oct 23, 2010, 10:18 PM
...As it should. The first form IS dark. You can see the element in the corner of the screen when you target a monster.

So you're basing this totally on the fact that his attacks are purple? Does that mean that Grinna Bete's deal earth damage because their bullets are brown? Does Dulk Fakis' meteor do fire damage because it's red? Do the rogues with the handguns do neutral damage because the bullets are green?
By your logic, all of Magashi's attacks are actually light, because his swords are white.

By the way, this doesn't fall under opinion. Actual fact can NEVER be counted as an opinion. If there is a definite answer to be found, there are no opinions to be made.

So who do you think you are to call that its should not be base on opinion?In case you didn't know FACTS are base on peoples opinion,its called scientific research duh.Well I really dont give a rats ass on what you said.If you notice this IS a forum? Its for opinion of people to voice out not a scientific journal duh.Well off I go kid so sorry can't argue anymore k? bye :)

Alexandria
Oct 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
...What a joke of a response. The urge to go DO the research is based on opinion, but opinion does not MAKE scientific fact. I feel sorry for your kids, lol.

Mike
Oct 24, 2010, 12:44 AM
This boss' attacks are :light: despite being purple in color.

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 01:00 AM

Thank you, Mike. This debate was going nowhere fast. >.>

GantzDetainee
Oct 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
...What a joke of a response. The urge to go DO the research is based on opinion, but opinion does not MAKE scientific fact. I feel sorry for your kids, lol.
"Actual fact can NEVER be counted as an opinion" you said this earlier so your contradicting what you said here.So your saying research comes from opinions and then facts comes from research but facts cannot be counted as an opinion?Bullcrap.It is true that opinions cannot be considered as facts as long as there is no evidence to back it up but all facts comes from someone elses opinions and you can never change that truth.FACTS comes from someone elses IDEAS and IDEAS not coming from ones OWN SELF are considered someone elses OPINION.So that means if Albert Einstein gives an idea about the relativity of light that is what you called his professional OPINION but if he back it up with evidence that's what you call his THEORY(proven fact thru experimentation) but you cannot remove the truth that its his IDEA and therefore his OPINION that defeats your point that "Actual fact can NEVER be counted as an opinion".Good luck lurking these forums and coming from someone who does nothing but post here 24/7,you should be the one thinking of your own future(and kids LOL) and try to give some time on reading,this game is rotting your mind really,or if may I suggest find a job or something that contribute to the good of humanity lol.You cant put PhD's in Phantasy star in your resume you know^^;

If you say it is and if you have the evidence to back it up then so be it.

Kurosu
Oct 24, 2010, 01:40 PM
Why are you so angry? :argh:

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 02:05 PM
Big-ol-wall-a-text

Your random capitalization and lack of line breaks makes your text hard to read, fyi. And you should try putting spaces after your periods.

Now then, you seem to not understand the difference between "opinion" and "fact." Let's do away with the pointless semantics and use actual examples, shall we? An example of an opinion is when I say I like the design of an old BttF DeLorean. My opinion is that I like how the vehicle looks. Now, a fact would be that a DeLorean is not an efficient car. Compared to today's standards, especially. It's quite terrible all things considered. Not to mention you can't really get a new DeLorean. If possible I would drive a DeLorean because of personal preference (Opinion), but I can't claim it as the greatest car of all time. That simply is wrong.

Let's use your example now. Back in your first post starting this stupidity.

Dont be fooled by his element,all his attacks are dark element
You say that all of Angelus' attacks are dark based, claiming it as fact, when you have no actual proof, other than that (lol...) his attacks are purple. You claim your opinion based on nothing of relevance. It might be fact if you actually did something to find out, other than look at it, but you didn't.

You show no logical evidence, no past events, no test results, nothing other than an observation of his attack's color. (This is the part where you go on about how you work 2 jobs and take care of 8 kids and say "lol i cnat du testz 2 proov mah ponts cuz i r buzy evn tho i hav tiem 2 get 2 lvl 150 an get AAA/master rnak")
You then brought yourself down to my level, giving insults of my future and possible children. This ruins any emotional argument you could of used. This also kicks your appeal argument out the window as well. You may have children, but that doesn't stop you from acting like one as well.

So in essence, you have failed in all 3 elements of persuasion.
And for the record, I'm a college student that passed HS at age 16 with a part time job. Don't tell me anything about what my future will hold.

Pavichokche
Oct 24, 2010, 03:44 PM
ohmilordy.....

Its like watching a special ed baseball game. No one is scoring, and there is no athletic prowess....but its so fun to watch! :D

Hahaha, perfect analogy xD Made my day

I'm amazed this topic is still going. I think we should take the most in-depth guide pertaining to the final boss(es) and turn it into a sticky at the top of the PSPo forums.

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
ohmilordy.....

Its like watching a special ed baseball game. No one is scoring, and there is no athletic prowess....but its so fun to watch! :D

He started it! :<

Blizz3112
Oct 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't understand why people get so angry about this stuff... if you believe he's using dark, than you may keep believing that... if not, that's your choice as well... It's like debating if Dragon actually IS a Dragon, since he doesn't have any frontal limbs... It's endless debate... :-(

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 06:10 PM
I don't understand why people get so angry about this stuff... if you believe he's using dark, than you may keep believing that... if not, that's your choice as well... It's like debating if Dragon actually IS a Dragon, since he doesn't have any frontal limbs... It's endless debate... :-(

It's not a matter of opinion though ;/ I'm trying to correct someone who is giving out false information.

Randomness
Oct 24, 2010, 06:20 PM

See:Eastern dragons. Besides, the main requirement for a dragon is to be big, scaly, ugly, strong, and possibly breathe fire. Wings and such are optional.

Blizz3112
Oct 24, 2010, 06:20 PM
It's not a matter of opinion though ;/ I'm trying to correct someone who is giving out false information.

But even without the false information, people will eventually find out who is right and who isn't... That's why you can add multiple armors and weapons with different elements on your palette...

And the Dragon was just an example... Don't start a new debate about that too...

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
But even without the false information, people will eventually find out who is right and who isn't... That's why you can add multiple armors and weapons with different elements on your palette...

And the Dragon was just an example... Don't start a new debate about that too...

Or...I could call him out on the BS now and save people the suffering to find out? By the way, you're about to start your own stupid debate right now.

Blizz3112
Oct 24, 2010, 06:33 PM
No, I try to stop them, but you continue to complain about what other people type that don't seem to fit your opinion...

But this is my last post about the matter anyway... so, case closed...

Scau-Demon
Oct 24, 2010, 06:42 PM
Oooh, I always love a good debate!
So, he was saying that, simply due to the fact that the attacks colors are purple, they are of the dark element?
Well thats ignorant. So because a very hot flame can be blue, it's cool and wet like water?
Or, (more game related) Megashi's attacks are light element because his blades are white?
Silly wabbit. :nerd:
Always go by the creatures element, not the attacks color, that's what the element thingy by its' name is for, to indicate the element of its' attacks, regardless of color, and to indicate the opposite element is its' weakness.

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
Or, (more game related) Megashi's attacks are light element because his blades are white?

Yes, and apparently if you call someone out on bullshit, you're only doing so because their false claims conflict with your opinion. :innocent:

Scau-Demon
Oct 24, 2010, 06:52 PM
Yes, and apparently if you call someone out on bullshit, you're only doing so because their false claims conflict with your opinion. :innocent:

Ah, except that opinion is not an opinion, but, infact, it is indeed a fact. Megashis' attacks ARE dark, and the final boss' attacks ARE light. Not an oppinion, but a fact. :razz:

It's so fun calling others out when they know they are wrong, but too stubborn to admit defeat.;-)

Pavichokche
Oct 24, 2010, 07:58 PM
It's so fun calling others out when they know they are wrong, but too stubborn to admit defeat.;-)

Whoa so there is more to this argument than honor...it's a WAR !!! But really, isn't this simple to prove? Just equip a dark[or light] armor and see if there is a visual effect when he hits you.

Scau-Demon
Oct 24, 2010, 08:48 PM
Awh, but where is the fun in that? It is much more satisfying to our sadistic minds to crush him an his idiodic views and opinions with overpowering logic and reason instead of proving him wrong wth validating experiments.:-D

GantzDetainee
Oct 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
He started it! :<

Great!Now that bullshit.You start calling others opinion as bullshit first when infact yours too has been an opinion all along in the first place until Mike said it was light.Your so stupid lol.As my previous post my fellow forumers I tried to cut it and said "Just agree to disagree" but this stupid guys is still butthurts on my opinion.You clearly have issues.

Ah, except that opinion is not an opinion, but, infact, it is indeed a fact. Megashis' attacks ARE dark, and the final boss' attacks ARE light. Not an oppinion, but a fact. :razz:

Ahaha you are all knowing too now?

Awh, but where is the fun in that? It is much more satisfying to our sadistic minds to crush him an his idiodic views and opinions with overpowering logic and reason instead of proving him wrong wth validating experiments.:-D

Its not sadistic enough lol,give some more effort to it.:evil:

Pavichokche
Oct 24, 2010, 10:33 PM
Its not sadistic enough lol,give some more effort to it.

Needs a more rapy emoticon xD

DarkPhoton
Oct 24, 2010, 10:34 PM
And thus it continues.

This is the message board equivalent to smashing your head against a wall.

Even if you win and bust your dome through that wall, you still come out a little dumber then before >_>

Alexandria
Oct 24, 2010, 10:40 PM
blah blah blah i dun now wat opinion meens

You're wrong.
You're stupid.
You don't know what you're talking about.
GTFO.

Seth Astra
Oct 24, 2010, 10:46 PM
And thus it continues.

This is the message board equivalent to smashing your head against a wall.

Even if you win and bust your dome through that wall, you still come out a little dumber then before >_>
I second this... Say, would this count as an oppinion or fact? ... Let's not get into another one of these... Just reading the other argument has already given me a headache.

And yes, this is something of a joke after the first sentence.

Pavichokche
Oct 24, 2010, 10:51 PM
Move the topic to "fresh kill landfill" haha
I mean, this argument is anything but a debate now, it's more of a playground fight

GoldenFalcon
Oct 24, 2010, 11:08 PM
By watching videos, I have confirmed that all of his hits cause the light damage visual effect and noise on people wearing dark armor. Yes, even the purple bullets and "megid swamp".

So yeah, obvious troll is obvious.

Mike
Oct 25, 2010, 03:02 AM
You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from making inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as insulting, taunting, and general disrespect.
This is from the board rules. These apply to everyone.