PDA

View Full Version : GC: When FSoD strikes three times in one night...

VulpesMundi
Mar 10, 2003, 08:01 AM
When FSoD strikes three times in one night...

...You know it's time to take a break.

PSO seemed to have it out for me this late night / early morning. I FSoD three times, among other things. All three happened trying to transport between ships/lobbies. Sure I've FSoD in the past (even FSoD while exiting C-mode teams a few times), but never more than once a day, and no more than six times in the nearly four months I've been on E1&2. Three in one night is just not a good sign. It got me thinking that there's gotta be some reason that it happened more frequently. Then it occurred to me that it might have something to do with either the server update (changes/additions made) or even the extra data that tells my game to load a lobby theme.

Anyway, I'm just posting this to warn unwary travelers. FSoD is still very much out there. Protect your valuables while online. Thankfully I'm very aware of such problems and didn't lose anything important.

Phobos-X
Mar 10, 2003, 08:12 AM
i thought sega fixed all the FSOD's. and when you got FSODed, did you have to delete your char file or just lost all your items?

VulpesMundi
Mar 10, 2003, 08:27 AM
I only lost green box items and carry-on Meseta. It wasn't FSoD-X on any of them since they all happened outside of teams. Only time the game saves outside of a team is when you first connect online and get the welcome message.

FreakinRican
Mar 10, 2003, 10:05 AM
Hah, I corrupted twice yesterday. At least you didn't lose your characters!

Benjamin
Mar 10, 2003, 02:45 PM
ya I corrupted saturday night from a BFSOD so stop whining

Yosho
Mar 10, 2003, 05:02 PM
Funny thing that file Coruption >_<, the same happened to me saturday lost a lvl 143 HUmar and lvl 128 FOmar, after finnally getting back online i got FSOD again. i dont think SEGA fixed that shit, they just saying it to get people to stop bitchin about it heh heh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Benjamin
Mar 10, 2003, 06:52 PM
ya I know it I hate corruption, then there are people like VulpesMundi bitchin about FSOD, they better be grateful they only got FSOD!!

Yosho
Mar 10, 2003, 07:03 PM
yeah thats tru, least they got there chars i bet lol

LamerPanda
Mar 10, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-03-10 15:52, Benjamin wrote:
ya I know it I hate corruption, then there are people like VulpesMundi bitchin about FSOD, they better be grateful they only got FSOD!!

That's not whining, it's a warning that FSOD is still there. That post is a bit different from one saying "omfg i lost my stuff!11!11!1"

^-^ You're whining about Vulpes whining. *smacked* XD;

MoggieK
Mar 10, 2003, 08:53 PM
Hey hey hey, lay off with the FSOD-X and corruption being all more evil than the FSOD that shouldn't even mentioned.

FSOD will always be there and if you get FSOD-X well then tough, don't vent your anger on those who have not, you are just showing that you deserved to have your characters messed up.

Ah well... my time will come soon where I have to give up my Miko Nido, does not mean I'll cry about her for that long. ^_^

jonny-5
Mar 10, 2003, 09:30 PM
you guys that were corrupted,

were you by any chance on bba or was it 56k?

Sonic646
Mar 10, 2003, 09:39 PM
My lil bro became corrupted(FSOD) an hour ago entering a game on a BBA. Lost character-139 hrs,tons of rares,9 yrs old.........

Getintothegame
Mar 10, 2003, 09:43 PM
I was on for 3 minutes, looking at the new quests, and then left the game to the lobby. FSODed. Reconnected. Froze while trying to go to where my friend was on.

Well, It isn't 3, but the night is, I guess, turning against me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-03-10 18:44 ]</font>

CKTurbo
Mar 10, 2003, 10:05 PM
I got FSODed while I was in the lobby on the EU servers. Since I didn't join any games prior to the FSOD, I didn't lose any of my items. I have gotten FSODed in the lobby a couple of times, but never in the game.

What I have found is that if you get FSODed in the lobby, but did not join a game prior to the FSOD (meaning that you got online, stayed in the lobbies, but never joined a game prior to FSOD in lobby) you don't lose your items (equipped and non-equipped), even though it says "All unequipped items will be deleted." on the character menu. My guess is that since I didn't join a game, my items in my inventory weren't "registered" or something. My suggestion is when you are done playing a game, disconnect by quitting, and then go back online when you want to join another game, so you don't risk losing your stuff in the lobby. I always do this, and whenever I get FSOD in the lobby, I never lose stuff. Take note that THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR FSOD IN GAMES, ONLY FSOD IN LOBBIES.

- CKTurbo

Mystil
Mar 11, 2003, 03:32 AM
On 2003-03-10 18:30, jonny-5 wrote:
you guys that were corrupted,

were you by any chance on bba or was it 56k?

Why do you ask?

Anyhow, if it happens to me, I wont care cause I've been dead before so...and my RAmarl isn't really of 'high value' like my old save was.

elfin
Mar 11, 2003, 08:20 AM
So does anyone has any idea of how often corruptions occur?? I will go online for the first time this weekend with my lvl 147 FOmar... Are the chances remote, or is there a chance of it happening every time you go online?? Is it common or rare??

I really want to know, because, the thought of losing my FOmar would be to much for me... It would result in smashing the game into pieces.

goaliedude10
Mar 13, 2003, 09:37 PM
At least it wasn't FSOD-X...

malinko
Mar 13, 2003, 09:57 PM
If I get 3 FSODs a night, Im lucky

Maelkith
Mar 14, 2003, 04:56 AM
corrupted on 56k. i joined a game 4th.

best thing to do is bank everything after playng. even if you play an offline game you should bank your stuff, because fsod can hit while you log on. in game fsod will cause you to lose all your unequipped items. i see alot of careless people who pop from game to game without banking because they have a bba, but they are not totally safe either. its a pain to re-equip, but its really a pain to lose what you hunted forever to get. if you cant afford to lose it-- bank it.