PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Force Characters

SalmarnirrrR
Oct 21, 2010, 04:13 AM
Are forces any good at all? What are their roles? I've been reading around and they seem really frowned upon. Why is that?

DarkPhoton
Oct 21, 2010, 04:37 AM
because they suck :D

SalmarnirrrR
Oct 21, 2010, 04:45 AM
sadface.

Izuna
Oct 21, 2010, 04:59 AM
weakest in the game by a long shot =( good enough to kick the behinds out of nearly every Story Mode mission though!

DarkPhoton
Oct 21, 2010, 05:04 AM
With the addition of vanguards they really took a hit.

They haven't been too good since pso, and even then they where lacking.

SalmarnirrrR
Oct 21, 2010, 05:05 AM
Yeah I did notice that. Story was easy as Force, everything else is kinda meh =/

xBladeM6x
Oct 21, 2010, 05:31 AM
Playing full on technic only using force isn't a good idea. While using technics, it's a good idea to get weapons like Twin Pistols to chain larger enemies. Then hit harder than any class in the game. Forces are just the hardest to use and therefore the ease of use makes them worse depending on play style. In actuality though, they're pretty damn good along with the other classes if played correctly, and intelligently.

EX Traps break things though. Seriously. They're stupid. :nono:

Wendalweise
Oct 21, 2010, 08:28 AM
As far as i have heard, and seen, Forces excell in groups that build chains. Unfortunatly that can be rare.

They make great support+damage though with their 30 rank support spells and soulcrushing, chain blasting, ultimate diga finisher.

Pavichokche
Oct 21, 2010, 09:01 AM
Usually it's really helpful to be a vanguard for a few [type] levels before switching to a force for the abilities.And once you go vanguard...you don't want to switch out xD

Since we're on the topic, how would a female beast work as a force? I imagine it wouldn't be too bad because of her decent ATK and natural bulk, but I noticed that forces have the worst ACC in the game, meaning that even with high-acc striking weapons she could miss?

Wendalweise
Oct 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
With shifta+zalure i think it eliminates their accuracy problems. When the game first came out everyone was raving about them being the best force which caught me by suprise. I'm sure they're fine. Well except nanoblast, not sure how that would be useful.

^^; Honestly though, i really wouldnt know just mindless speculation on my part.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 09:26 AM
With shifta+zalure

Shifta doesn't raise ATA.

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 21, 2010, 09:27 AM
i found forces very challenging to use, i try gemaga as a force and it was a real pain, them use some more gi tech and it was more easy, and use a twin dagger to chain.

but i found them very good as support and chain build...yesterday i played challenge missions with 2 forces and i was amaze how they just cast barta to chain build and freeze the enemies while y just pA with twin daggers.
iŽll make one on psp2i with duman XD

Pavichokche
Oct 21, 2010, 09:34 AM
Shifta doesn't raise ATA.

I thought I read somewhere that "Buffs and debuffs at level 30 reduces many problems with ATA with melee weapons". So would this mean instead of increasing your own ACC you should focus on decreasing the enemy's?

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
I thought I read somewhere that "Buffs and debuffs at level 30 reduces many problems with ATA with melee weapons". So would this mean instead of increasing your own ACC you should focus on decreasing the enemy's?

Shifta boosts TP and ATP. Deband boosts EVP, DEF, and MST. The respective versions of the debuffs lower said stats. The lower the enemy EVP, the less chance you have to miss.

Pavichokche
Oct 21, 2010, 09:50 AM
MKAY, so the answer to my question is Deband. Cool, cool.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 10:06 AM
MKAY, so the answer to my question is Deband. Cool, cool.

No, the answer to your question is Zalure. Deband raises YOUR EVP. You want to lower THEIR EVP. Which is what Zalure does.

Pavichokche
Oct 21, 2010, 10:26 AM
Ugh sorry retard moment. i thought of the right thing and wrote the wrong one ><
I understood what you meant the first time

pso_crash
Oct 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
I think forces get most of their bad rap because they are not a good soloing class. You will do just fine in groups.

Shakuri
Oct 21, 2010, 11:17 AM
The only time I had much trouble soloing with Force was in the level 100-120 stage. Yeah, Force is gimped, and they don't really "shine" until you get a hold of Psycho Wands and extend them. Psycho Wands take care of PP problems and damage issues. After that, the only thing that screws you over really is this games craptastic auto aim system.

I definitely miss my JP PSU AotI Masterforce that's for sure.

8BitGinno
Oct 21, 2010, 11:43 AM
All I know for sure is they run out of PP way too quickly. That just doesn't work with forces.

Pavichokche
Oct 21, 2010, 12:21 PM
The only time I had much trouble soloing with Force was in the level 100-120 stage. Yeah, Force is gimped, and they don't really "shine" until you get a hold of Psycho Wands and extend them. Psycho Wands take care of PP problems and damage issues. After that, the only thing that screws you over really is this games craptastic auto aim system.

I definitely miss my JP PSU AotI Masterforce that's for sure.

PP 70%
PA 110%

Is this what makes the psycho wand so good? Does this mean that your PA damage goes up to 110%, and PP usage down to 70%?

kongajinken
Oct 21, 2010, 01:28 PM
Where do you get a psycho wand?

Shakuri
Oct 21, 2010, 01:49 PM
PP 70%
PA 110%

Is this what makes the psycho wand so good? Does this mean that your PA damage goes up to 110%, and PP usage down to 70%?

That and it can Empower Fire/Ice/Earth/Lightning, the more used TECHNIC elements. Since the Light Techs are crap, and Dark Techs aren't exactly user friendly (along with a lot of light enemies being Tech resistant anyway), it not having Empower Light/Dark is no problem. Also gets a hidden elemental bonus from Extending it.

Gravideon, the 15* Rod can Empower all elements, but it ends up weaker than Psycho Wand after extending, and it doesn't get PP or PA bonuses.

Komazali's drop Psycho Wands, White Beast S, Sakura Blast S, and more importantly Flowers of Ice S (maybe one of the Max Cross Missions too). Getting them to drop it over Soul Eater and Mesetarods is problematic though.

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
Where do you get a psycho wand?

Komazli, level 125-200. So, White Beast or Sakura Blast on S.

kongajinken
Oct 21, 2010, 02:44 PM
Thank you

Maku
Oct 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
i actually sometimes online, wish there were a force to heal me/us...

pso_crash
Oct 21, 2010, 03:47 PM
i actually sometimes online, wish there were a force to heal me/us...

Why, when mates are so much faster?

Maku
Oct 21, 2010, 03:57 PM

mates are only 10 each...

for a newman sometimes to less...

Broken_L_button
Oct 21, 2010, 03:58 PM

Aye, 'tis true. Resta is horribly slow in this game, and thus, should be used only when the room is clear or, if you're a daredevil, in between spawns or after getting far away from the action -even then, you could get sniped by a barta or just rammed by a random charging enemy-. And it's not like the Force would risk his/her bacon to get you in range for their resta.

And man...Mates in this game sure are fast; they can save your butt when you use PAs that make you vulnerable. Like with blade destruction; even though I use it on enemies from behind most of the time, the other mobs (with their obssession with brutalizing my carcass even though I'm miles away from them) might end up getting an attack or two on me. Thus, I can survive that by using a monomate during the PA anim. And besides, mates drop like candy, so you should make sure to pop them whenever you need to.

pso_crash
Oct 21, 2010, 04:23 PM
Aye, 'tis true. Resta is horribly slow in this game, and thus, should be used only when the room is clear or, if you're a daredevil, in between spawns or after getting far away from the action -even then, you could get sniped by a barta or just rammed by a random charging enemy-. And it's not like the Force would risk his/her bacon to get you in range for their resta.

And man...Mates in this game sure are fast; they can save your butt when you use PAs that make you vulnerable. Like with blade destruction; even though I use it on enemies from behind most of the time, the other mobs (with their obssession with brutalizing my carcass even though I'm miles away from them) might end up getting an attack or two on me. Thus, I can survive that by using a monomate during the PA anim. And besides, mates drop like candy, so you should make sure to pop them whenever you need to.
Exactly, and then there is the pp cost. At 50-70 pp per cast, a Force won't be able to cast it more than 2-3 times in an intense fight, and it wouldn't be worth it unless the whole group has taken at least some damage.