PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Getting JP PSP2 Infinity?

VorpalLord
Oct 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
I have this poll up in my chat, I wanted to see the results here, and get an idea of the jp psp2i community size.

I left a "maybe" option out on purpose, I don't think you can change your vote so please try to vote with a little certainty. (If you can change votes a mod can add that option, otherwise just say your unsure at the moment in this thread.)

You can mention in your post here wether you plan to download the game or have the UMD shipped, and when you plan to get the game. Also if you plan to play online or not.

Try to keep content discussion of psp2i here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180829
--------

I plan on getting the game as soon as possible wether i'll download it I'm not sure yet. And I'll play online.

Join the New psp2i psoworld Group: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=297

SammaeltheDark
Oct 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
Of course I'll be getting the JP version. It'll be another year before Sega allows US/EU PSPI to be released and it'll most likely have more content cuts and general lack of support.

And by the time US/EU PSPI comes out, hopefully PSO2 will be out or will be on the verge of release and I can skip the disappointment altogether.

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 21, 2010, 05:55 PM
same here, i already bought a 5000 yen psn card from jpn to get the dl version, and waiting for playasia to open the preorder to get the umd for my collection.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 05:57 PM
I got other stuff to play 'till then. I'll wait for the US release.

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2010, 06:03 PM
I have soooo much to play at the moment, but I'm really looking forward to Infinity's launch. I'm up in the air at the moment, and the deciding factor will be how content I am with stuff to play come February.

VorpalLord
Oct 21, 2010, 06:08 PM
same here, i already bought a 5000 yen psn card from jpn to get the dl version, and waiting for playasia to open the preorder to get the umd for my collection.

Wow an $80 point card and a ~$60 Dollar disc?

Did you get the point card from playasia?

DoubleJG
Oct 21, 2010, 06:12 PM

$140 for one game is quite a bit.

Mike
Oct 21, 2010, 06:38 PM
I'll be getting a copy. It is possible for me to waltz down to the local store (or put a waltz on the radio and drive) and buy it though.

Ash1ey
Oct 21, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'll be importing it, for sure.

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2010, 08:51 PM
Even though I despise Sega for making everyone who isn't Japanese wait an extra year to get their games (not counting importing), I'm going to wait. I like to read and understand the games I play, but I'm not going to learn to read Japanese just to play a game. I'm more patient than that.

ashley50
Oct 21, 2010, 10:09 PM
IMPORT!

infinite4ever
Oct 21, 2010, 10:35 PM
I will wait until they have US/EU version. Because I don't understand japanese at all D:

I wish I could though :/

IHeartRice
Oct 21, 2010, 10:51 PM
Going to wait for the US release. I still have way too much games in my backlog and a lot of other good games will be released until then.

Cynical_Extent
Oct 21, 2010, 10:55 PM
Going to wait for the US release. I still have way too much games in my backlog and a lot of other good games will be released until then.

This is my situation as well. Phantasy Star is not the only game I play, and I also have other interests outside of gaming that consume most of my time and money.

And so far I am more than satisfied with PSP2, without the DLC.

darkante
Oct 21, 2010, 11:02 PM
I´m pretty sure that i will give it a test try as too see how it is.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 21, 2010, 11:03 PM
I'm actually gonna wait. I played the import version and I've come to the conclusion that me gettin a foreign version and trying to understand the text is kinda nerve racking. Besides next year I'll be starting up college. Instead of trying to figure katakananana I'll be learning and translating ancient egyptian texts. Thats right, everyone's not-so-favorite miko is going to be an Egyptologist.

ethan110
Oct 22, 2010, 03:07 AM
ITS IMPORT TIME , YESASIA WILL SEND TO UK ITS LEVEL UP TIME

DarK-SuN
Oct 22, 2010, 03:51 AM
Import; I like to have complete access to things in my games, not leftovers, no matter how pretty they're wrapped up.

VorpalLord
Oct 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
Made a new Group for all potential psp2i players

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=297

Kurosu
Oct 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
I'll be in Japan around the time this game gets released, so hopefully I can pick up a copy there then.

8BitGinno
Oct 22, 2010, 04:05 PM
Gonna wait it out. Don't want to deal with moon runes. :-x

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 07:43 PM
I voted yes, even though:
1) I don't have PSP or PSP2
2) I do have a PSP, but unfortunately it's modded extra special & I don't feel like messing around to play PSP2 off a UMD. I buy my games!
3) I'm just learning PSU/PSU2 & have yet to try the NDS version of PSzero online mode.

I do admit, it takes Sega a year to localize because of the Engrish needed to make it sound good. If Sega is having financial dificulties, perhaps they should take my advice (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183865)? Or just find some nice English-speaking people in Japan who will do the text translation for them, and find other English Seiyu in Jpn for the voices.

Ahhh, my ideas are too radical for Sega. I should not speak about such things :(

aduran
Nov 26, 2010, 07:57 PM
ready with a 195 level character for the demo too! :-D

GUARDIANDNL
Nov 26, 2010, 08:08 PM

yes i buy every import game i have from there....

men i already boguht psp2 jp....psp2 jp "the best"...psp2 jap DLC....psp2 USA DLC...

so yeah i´m ready to spent a lot of money for phantasy star portable...

the umd version of infinity will be bought on january ...by that time i´ll save the money for it

Gintoki-kun
Nov 26, 2010, 09:08 PM

men i already boguht psp2 jp....psp2 jp "the best"...psp2 jap DLC....psp2 USA DLC...

so yeah i´m ready to spent a lot of money for phantasy star portable...

the umd version of infinity will be bought on january ...by that time i´ll save the money for it

Sorry my friend but your wrong about "the umd version of infinity will be bought on january"

According to the offical website the release date is Febuary 24 2011 and the demo will come out somewhere between Late December and Early January

Fayorei
Nov 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
I think I'll definitely be getting it. I have to work out how to get a JPN PSN account, but I know for sure I can handle reading it, etc from my old coursework.

Shakuri
Nov 26, 2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, there is no logical reason for me to play the US version at all.

GUARDIANDNL
Nov 26, 2010, 10:01 PM
Sorry my friend but your wrong about "the umd version of infinity will be bought on january"

According to the offical website the release date is Febuary 24 2011 and the demo will come out somewhere between Late December and Early January

ups...you are right XP..... i was talking about the preorder XD....

Typestatic
Nov 28, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hells to the yeah~

Pavichokche
Nov 28, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'll give the demo a go, but there's no point (for me) buying the full thing

The Necris Process
Nov 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
I don't normally import, but Infinity looks sooo good... I doubt that my patience will hold out for the century it will take to get over here with english text. I need to have the game ASAP.

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 05:31 PM

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but has anyone bought from this company before (http://www.ncsxshop.com)? I have. The guys who run it are very cool & answered a ton of questions before I ordered. They're out of NY (if i remember...) & shipped my order within hours of it getting into their wearhouse via FedEx from California. They also carry Famitsu magazine & lots of plushies & other stuff. Check em out.

usonica
Nov 28, 2010, 06:16 PM
i'm gonna download the demo, but I'm gonna wait for the us version to get the real game.

cbwing0
Nov 28, 2010, 06:29 PM
I will import PSP2 Infinity if we get confirmation that the game is not coming to the U.S.; otherwise, I will wait.

Kion
Nov 28, 2010, 11:29 PM
I live in Japan, so I don7t have much of a choice. The nice part is by the time it comes out a year later in the US it will be able 500 yen here used. I'll probably grab it over the summer once the price comes down a little. I just picked up PSP2 yesterday for 1100 yen.

CocoaTan
Nov 29, 2010, 10:13 PM
I'm probably importing it when it releases in Japan. No sense in waiting for the EN release- I'll be doing study abroad in Japan (if everything works out) beginning next September until the July after it.

Kage Shiroyuki
Dec 19, 2010, 04:34 AM
I will try the demo, but will wait for US release. Inevitably losing my patience and importing it about a week after it comes out in Japan(If I have the money) lol.

I don't have much patience, but Hopefully I can wait for Infinity since I'm already waiting for a US release of 2 games that are a little similar to PSP2

Flash Ranger
Jan 6, 2011, 10:56 AM
I voted yes but only if the game doesn't get a US release. I'm a little skeptical about importing RPGs but I'm getting past that because it's making me miss out on a lot of great games.

Mugaaz2
Jan 6, 2011, 02:24 PM
I will import PSP2 Infinity if we get confirmation that the game is not coming to the U.S.; otherwise, I will wait.

I doubt you will get confirmation that it is not coming. They will only confirm that it will. I would wait for a US version as well, but I'm verrrrrrry skeptical of it actually coming.

TheBlackMage
Jan 6, 2011, 02:40 PM
Same. At first since PSP2 made it stateside I thought "Well if this made it PSP2i has to."

Then Eternal Hunters was announced and I'm kinda worried now that this may be a sign that PSP2i will be JP only. Combine that and the patch we were supposed to get to reduce the amount of hackers online which has still not come out as far as I can tell (or did it and is it just not working at all?) is making me very unsure about the possibility of PSP2i coming stateside...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 6, 2011, 04:19 PM
Same. At first since PSP2 made it stateside I thought "Well if this made it PSP2i has to."

Then Eternal Hunters was announced and I'm kinda worried now that this may be a sign that PSP2i will be JP only. Combine that and the patch we were supposed to get to reduce the amount of hackers online which has still not come out as far as I can tell (or did it and is it just not working at all?) is making me very unsure about the possibility of PSP2i coming stateside...

PSP2i Japan only? HA! No my dear friend, Sega isn't Square-Enix where they decide that Japan should get all the cool remakes of games. No no, this is Sega. It'll come here.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 6, 2011, 04:25 PM
PSP2i Japan only? HA! No my dear friend, Sega isn't Square-Enix where they decide that Japan should get all the cool remakes of games. No no, this is Sega. It'll come here.
Yeah, PSP2i will come out and it'll be even more stripped down and with no support after release than PSP2 because Sega doesn't want to put the money into it

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 6, 2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, PSP2i will come out and it'll be even more stripped down and with no support after release than PSP2 because Sega doesn't want to put the money into it

Yep! Even though the DLC weapons would have made them a bit more money. Did they do it? Nope. Did they try anything like a bundle with em? Nope. Oh Sega! Are you still angry over the Genesis still? You wacky monkey you!

Drawers
Jan 6, 2011, 04:47 PM
It's not that serious for me, I can wait. I want to unlock and achieve every little thing in PSP2 before moving on, and I have plenty of time to do that. PSP2 wasn't stripped down like that, okay a few novelty items that nobody cares about except for the 3 hardcore weeaboos and some download content that really isn't anything to shout about. Okay some of the weapons were okay, some outfits, especially that samurai armor but that's about it. US didn't really get that much of a loss in comparison, we still got infrastructure, and to me, that's all that really matters.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
I want to unlock and achieve every little thing in PSP2 before moving on, and I have plenty of time to do that.
There's the rub. Can you even unlock and achieve every little thing in PSP2 US? Did they ever find those missing Handguns and Twin Handguns? You're at the mercy of the localization team, hoping that they remembered to make everything accessible as it should be. Admittedly they did a pretty nice job with the drop changes, DLC missions turned on-disc missions, and some rare spawn changes.. but if they missed even one little thing, the game is not completable in the sense you described. ggs Sega

Meanwhile PSP2 JP is a complete game

Kierto
Jan 7, 2011, 08:05 AM
+1 for JP Infinity here.

Aside from demo exploration I am currently finishing off my neglected (read: all but FO) JP characters in preperation for rebirth and inevitable partner character Dewman powerlevelling. Having other characters on your save become NPCs is wonderful, XP haxxing is just a bonus.

Besides if/when it is released in English and I want to play, can just convert the save..

d19xx
Jan 7, 2011, 08:17 AM
Sadly, I'm one of those who will wait.

This may sound like a reassurance post but I think a US release is possible. VGChartz(inb4unreliable) list umd sales of this game is around 50k in the US(which is not bad for a psp game) and 30k in EUR. Since VGChartz is also known to under track listed games, I'm assuming it's more. Particularly sales of the game may have a small spike during the holidays.

Also, VGChartz doesn't track digital sales. So it's safe to assume an additional 15 to 20k digital sales.

I think 50k outside JP is profitable for a company like Sega. So I'm assuming it did well....

Yes this is a self reassurance babble....

redroses
Jan 7, 2011, 08:46 AM
I will be importing this time.
Last time I waited for the US release of PSP2 and just lost didn't feel like playing it anymore because it's been so long ago and psp2i was announced so I got excited about that and psp2 just wasn't as interesting anymore. Also I don't want to miss out on content and other things again.
In the US version of psp2 the only way to play the DLC missions was to play them japanese, might aswell get the whole game in japanese this time and have everything there.

Now I just need to find a place where I can import from that sends the game to germany DX

Titan
Jan 7, 2011, 12:32 PM
Most games I play are around 2-3 years old except PS games. I like to play them ASAP. I imported PSP2 and I'll be importing again this time around.

TierrenZX
Jan 7, 2011, 01:57 PM
I plan on importing. I was late to the party last time cause I had this fool notation that we would get the International version at a decent time (LOLFOOLISH I know >_<) so this time, i'll be getting the import of infinity ASAP though I will buy the international version should it come out.

Mugaaz2
Jan 7, 2011, 02:07 PM
If we had confirmation of a US release I would wait. Probably going to convert my US to JP and then back again if we get US.

Flome
Jan 8, 2011, 06:30 AM
I have soooo much to play at the moment, but I'm really looking forward to Infinity's launch. I'm up in the air at the moment, and the deciding factor will be how content I am with stuff to play come February.

/nvm.

Katsumi
Jan 8, 2011, 05:05 PM
I'de really like to wait for the US/EU version so I don't have to use translations... but it just depends on how long sega takes to convert the language and add voiceovers. If it looks like it could be a while I'll probably just break down and import the JP version >.<

Miyo
Jan 15, 2011, 01:46 PM
As much as I want this game, I'm going to wait for a US release.
I'd like to be able to read the game. Plus I want to transfer my PSP2 characters to Infinity and I'm to dumb and to much of a worrywart to do the whole "US save to JP save" thing. ^^;

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'd like to be able to read the game. Plus I want to transfer my PSP2 characters to Infinity and I'm to dumb and to much of a worrywart to do the whole "US save to JP save" thing. ^^;

This above is me in a nut-shell. I was thinking of converting my save to a JP save and then back again into the localized version of the demo when/if it arrives, but a problem with that. The US got a PSP1 demo and us here in EUR didn't, so no guarentee that we'd get a Infinity demo unfortunately so I wouldn't want to risk wasting any progress I made in the JP demo...

xBladeM6x
Jan 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
Getting the download the day it comes out. :3

pso_crash
Jan 15, 2011, 03:42 PM
If I do decide to import it, I will probably wait until I'm done playing PSPo2-US.

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2011, 04:23 PM

Agreed. Gonna wait till it hits state side to.

Shadowjesse626
Jan 15, 2011, 04:29 PM
i'm gonna wait the US release but if i raise the money to import it and get the chance to, then ya i'll import it. it'll be my first imported game ever^^;

Eijuhei
Jan 15, 2011, 04:34 PM
i probably import the game.
its a opportunity to learn japanese. ^^

Wayu
Jan 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
i probably import the game.
its a opportunity to learn japanese. ^^

Bravo! That's the spirit!

-Wayu

FOkyasuta
Jan 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
Bravo! That's the spirit!

-Wayu

Needs to hit the books.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 15, 2011, 09:58 PM
Almost certainly gonna import this, whats it gonna cost? Will probably do the digital download assuming they have one again. I am loving the changes, not sure if I like duman or not yet, mainly the slow pp gen turns me away but curious to how they would perform with the braver rate increase ability.

Also, while I've picked up a tiny bit playing the game, anyone know a good way/site to work on reading japanese? I had some links a long time ago but have since lost them and was too busy at the time to look into it :(

ChaosAngel92
Jan 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
If we had confirmation of a US release I would wait. Probably going to convert my US to JP and then back again if we get US.

This.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
To answer the original question - DUH! Of course!

On a separate note, as long as everyone saying they will be importing the JP version actually does, this poll is kind of an easy way to know who you can play with over infrastructure once it arrives. ^_^

Neith
Jan 16, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'll be getting it for sure. I already have a JP PSP2 save, so I don't need to start from scratch. I'll probably be playing Infinity until PSO2 arrives.

Leen
Jan 16, 2011, 08:33 AM
Waiting for the EU version, there's plenty to do in Vanilla PSP2 in the meantime.

Geiz
Jan 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
I only just finished PSP2 story mode, and it seems like everyone is already playing the infinity demo! I guess I'll just keep playing PSP2 until I either finish enough stuff in it or find out that Infinity isn't coming to NA. I'd rather play a US version but if I have to I can get a JP copy sent to me.

RoxasNeval
Jan 18, 2011, 02:35 PM
ill definitely wait for the US version since i tried to use the jp version and it bricked my psp :rant:

Kurono
Jan 18, 2011, 02:40 PM
No. Mostly because I'm not finished with PSPo2, I likely will when I'm satisfied I've done all I can do online/offline in normal PSPo2. Language not an issue.

Koiwai_Keiji
Jan 18, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'm importing the game, the online events are quite fun, its nice to work towards unlocking the rewards and seeing the kill counts in those things. Very much like the old PSO/PSU days, its unfortunate most people US side didn't get to experience this specifically with pspo2, but at least they were allowed to play the DLC that resulted.

I wonder if there's enough people that import, a US/EU english lobby could be agreed upon...

VorpalLord
Jan 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
I wonder if there's enough people that import, a US/EU english lobby could be agreed upon...

49 seems enough =)

Fayorei
Jan 18, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm importing the game, the online events are quite fun, its nice to work towards unlocking the rewards and seeing the kill counts in those things. Very much like the old PSO/PSU days, its unfortunate most people US side didn't get to experience this specifically with pspo2, but at least they were allowed to play the DLC that resulted.

This is my main reason for importing. I love stuff like Max Attack, etc.:)

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 11:01 AM
Importing and getting it on a (2~3)-day ship.

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
I'll wait for the Western release, I'm in my last semester of my Uni Degree so I might as well focus on school for now and traveling this summer.

Though, if the JP version of PSO2 is out around the same time as the western PSP2i, I might just skip PSP2i all together.

HUcastRyu
Feb 21, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'm a little iffy on importing this game since I'm starting to run out of cash for videogames. I am trying to learn Japanese though, but not much since I'm also trying to learn German at the same time. I will import psp2i if my relatives over in Japan are willing to send it over as a christmas present. I will buy the US version I'm 100% sure.

Nisshoku
Feb 21, 2011, 12:09 PM
With PSPo2 JP, I decided to import from a on-line retailer. Unfortunately, my first time dealing with them was... not the best. Even worse for a friend of mine an hour away.

I had no interest in the US version, especially since the group I'm with mostly has the JP version anyways. That, and some of the translation work of PSPo2 just... irks me. Just my personal opiion.

Save to say I will be getting PsPo2i, but will instead be getting the downloadable version, which will be a first for me. 5000 yen is awaiting the 24th, as we speak. And yay for the bonuses on downloading on release day. :D

kazuuya
Feb 21, 2011, 12:29 PM
I have to wait for the EU Version, since I have no possibilities to order/ship the Japanese Version. Or better to say no possibilities to pay. x'D So yeah I'll stick with the good old waiting and tea drinking till the EU Version.

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have to admit, the incentive to have a chance get into the PSO2JP test was enough to push me over the fence to purchase it.

Hopefully this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185510) holds true.

vagabondkitten
Feb 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
I'll be waiting for the English version. It'll give me plenty of time to finish collecting rares/ getting to 200 in PSP2, so I can be prepared once we get it, assuming we get it. If on the off chance they decide not to translate it, I might just have to buck up and deal with the confusion of the game being in Japanese, but I'll cross that bridge if it comes to that. :/

FOkyasuta
Feb 21, 2011, 03:55 PM
I'll be waiting for the English version. It'll give me plenty of time to finish collecting rares/ getting to 200 in PSP2, so I can be prepared once we get it, assuming we get it. If on the off chance they decide not to translate it, I might just have to buck up and deal with the confusion of the game being in Japanese, but I'll cross that bridge if it comes to that. :/

Agreed.

Ishia
Feb 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
I never import. English version or no dice.

Alucard V
Feb 21, 2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I cant read japanese writing. :(

VorpalLord
Feb 21, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I cant read japanese writing. :(

Probably 90% of the ~60 people getting jpn infinity in this poll are in the same boat. The game is very easy to play even without knowing japanese.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 21, 2011, 07:00 PM
Probably 90% of the ~60 people getting jpn infinity in this poll are in the same boat. The game is very easy to play even without knowing japanese.

I started off that way but I have actually started being able to read more and more weapons names, its mainly the kanji that leaves me feeling lost

In any case it is a very easy game to understand since it has lots of symbols, numbers, icons, etc.

DoubleJG
Feb 21, 2011, 07:08 PM
I am still really on the fence about this purchase for the following reasons:

1) The group that I played the demo with is rarely ever available. So, I pretty much have no one to play with besides randoms.

2) I still have so much left to do in the English version, but I guess I could play both?

3) $70 for a single game is one hell of a purchase...

Kaziel
Feb 22, 2011, 10:31 AM
I thought we would get a release late on the 23rd... mine started shipping at 1am on the 22nd.

Thoughts? This would be my first import.

Alucard V
Feb 22, 2011, 10:49 AM

I started off that way but I have actually started being able to read more and more weapons names, its mainly the kanji that leaves me feeling lost

In any case it is a very easy game to understand since it has lots of symbols, numbers, icons, etc.

And then you have story mode in witch I'd kinda like to understand. I should get Rosseta Stone and done with it.:(

VorpalLord
Feb 22, 2011, 11:16 AM
Mine is on the way also. =0

PS: you should block out the tracking # on that screenshot

Reikoku na kuma
Feb 22, 2011, 03:17 PM
Can't wait to download full version of PSP2i. The demo was great. Also learning how the western versions got basically dissed on content only on JP version (DL clothes, DL weps,....hell we had to use tricks to ACTUALY get the DLC missions we wasn't gonna get...), yeah JP version all the way. As for not understanding the story cuz its in japanese...well gonna be real here, the story on recent PS games (PSU and PS: portable 2) is sleep inducing. I just complete it to unlock stuff in shops, etc.

Kaziel
Feb 22, 2011, 03:20 PM
Mine is on the way also. =0

Woot. I guess we get it early. 8D

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 22, 2011, 03:52 PM
And then you have story mode in witch I'd kinda like to understand. I should get Rosseta Stone and done with it.:(

actually I am quite good at spoken japanese and since the jp version is fully voice acted (even most of the random chats in clad 6 are voice acted) I didn't really have a problem with that.

But yea that's just me I understand your point.

landman
Feb 22, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm importing it, if only to get the extra stuff the western version will not get, mine is not shipping yet, waiting for the rappy plush release to ship together...

Magitek_X
Feb 22, 2011, 05:22 PM
I still can't believe one person isn't getting Infinity.

ZeroKamikaze
Feb 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
Im getting it, im just waiting for the digital download to be available and my yen code to be sent. Here's to the our infinite futures! -.-b

(wow that was lame...)

Noblewine
Feb 24, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'll wait until the game is translated. I am curious to see what they do with the story and mechanics.

DoubleJG
Feb 24, 2011, 08:31 PM
I caved... and I feel pretty bad about it. I'll have the digital download copy in a matter of hours.

Wayu
Feb 24, 2011, 08:32 PM
Going to pester my dad soon for it.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 24, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'd buy it now, but as the song goes...

"Ain't no rest for the wicked. Money don't grow on trees. I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free..."

DoubleJG
Feb 25, 2011, 12:40 AM
Download will be finished in 2 minutes. Guess I know what I will be playing tonight!

Wayu
Feb 25, 2011, 12:51 AM
^

:(

Oh well. Might see you on today...maybe.

-Wayu

Reikou
Feb 25, 2011, 12:53 AM
people still meet up in Sky-10 right? FFS... busy 3 weeks for me.

Last week: Catherine
This week: PSPo2I
Next week: Dissidia 012

DoubleJG
Feb 25, 2011, 12:56 AM
^

-Wayu

I would be more than happy to meet up and play with you. However, my playtime schedule is bit odd because of my play windows. I mainly play while at work when my workload is low, or when I get home at 1AM PST. So, if you think you will be available anywhere between 9PM PST - 2AM PST, we can definitely play :P

Oh, my playtime window is usually a bit larger on the weekends, though.

Wayu
Feb 25, 2011, 01:05 AM
Well, I'm in Beijing Standard time, so I'm a good 13 hours ahead of you or so lol.

-Wayu

DoubleJG
Feb 25, 2011, 01:18 AM
Well, I'm in Beijing Standard time, so I'm a good 13 hours ahead of you or so lol.

-Wayu

Ah, so I guess that works out then.. I think. lol

Typestatic
Feb 25, 2011, 03:34 AM
Not so fussed to get it as of now due to MHP3rd but will in the next month or so, somehow my hype machine died within for infinity /sadface.jpg

Crystal_Shard
Feb 25, 2011, 05:07 AM
^

-Wayu

That sounds like convincing your dad to get Infinity went well?

RenzokukenZ
Feb 25, 2011, 05:43 AM
Or maybe bro sneaked her a few yen and the secrecy continues.

Either way, I won't be getting this game for a while, what with bills and all.

raijz
Feb 25, 2011, 05:56 AM
I could go on play asia and buy a 10,000 yen card but I don't want to spend hundreds of hours on JP version then restart whenever US demo/retail is released.

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2011, 05:57 AM
I'd probably wait...till I actually got a psp, wow this thread was longer than I thought......

*goes over my original post*

Bask
Feb 25, 2011, 06:10 AM
Not so fussed to get it as of now due to MHP3rd but will in the next month or so, somehow my hype machine died within for infinity /sadface.jpg

That may be a blessing in disguise ._.

The wait is literally killing some of us who're waiting for the US/EU copy

I wish I didn't have a hype machine TAT

Crystal_Shard
Feb 25, 2011, 06:34 AM
Or maybe bro sneaked her a few yen and the secrecy continues.

Either way, I won't be getting this game for a while, what with bills and all.

Wasn't the brother the younger though? I think he'd be in a worse position to do that. It's not like you can transfer points from account to account right?

Well, pity we won't be seeing you online for a bit. Any idea when you'll be getting it though?

RenzokukenZ
Feb 25, 2011, 06:39 AM
With the things are, probably by mid March or even April. Although, I've heard that there would be a limited time offer where the DD version would have reduced price. Don't know when that is though.

Sunny
Feb 25, 2011, 06:47 AM
Hello!

This is my first message after some long years reading the forums so... HI EVERYONE! :-)

I was about to buy PSP2i in the japanese store through MediaGO and i was wondering if the game is stand-alone or i have to buy JAP PSP2 too, as i currently own EUR PSP2.

Thanks a lot!

Crystal_Shard
Feb 25, 2011, 06:48 AM
Not sure. I think the person who said that mixed it up with the DLC sale occurring after the 3rd of march. The only confirmed price drop I can think of would be when it qualifies for the "The Best" status. You might get some goodies like the Wing Spada and Scudo bonus, but probably not the Kizuna set at that point.

@Sunny: Welcome to PSOW. PSPo2i JP is standalone and you do not need to purchase the first game to play. You might want to hop over to Funkyskunk's conversion thread to get your data's region changed before he stops his offer.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 25, 2011, 06:50 AM
Hello!

This is my first message after some long years reading the forums so... HI EVERYONE! :-)

I was about to buy PSP2i in the japanese store through MediaGO and i was wondering if the game is stand-alone or i have to buy JAP PSP2 too, as i currently own EUR PSP2.

Thanks a lot!

It's stand-alone.

@Crystal: Well crud. Better set aside those 72 bucks then.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
It's stand-alone.

@Crystal: Well crud. Better set aside those 72 bucks then.

Cross your fingers and hope preorder sales are enough to vault it right into "The Best" status soon I guess. ^_^

Sunny
Feb 25, 2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the answers, gonna try buying right now.

Edit: Ah well, looks like i can't pay with my VISA card ( EUR ) on the Japanese PSN.
T_T

Rayokarna
Feb 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mine just arrived, 1 Day Express Dilivery ftw.

Kaziel
Feb 25, 2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the answers, gonna try buying right now.

Edit: Ah well, looks like i can't pay with my VISA card ( EUR ) on the Japanese PSN.
T_T

Yeah, if you want to use the PSN, you have to buy Yen Cards. You can get them from play-asia.