PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 So my data was corrupted too...

Chukie sue
Oct 21, 2010, 09:55 PM
Pretty irritating. I treat my PSP and memory -so- well and it still happens :l

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to recover it WITHOUT a usb cord. I have a memory stick/SD converter, so I can access the memory stick from there. I -did- back my data up, but it's 5 levels behind and I'd rather not get them again... Mind you, Im on a PSP 1000 with 5.03. I haven't applied any mods.

Any tips? (Sorry to make a topic like this again, but I couldnt find an older one :l)

Thanks in advance.

Alexandria
Oct 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
It got corrupted because you use hyphens to emphasize your words.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there's no real way to recover corrupted data, other than maybe some clever homebrew app that I don't know of.

8BitGinno
Oct 21, 2010, 11:59 PM
Backup is the only prevention. I'd say just be happy it's only 5 levels, haha..

blace
Oct 22, 2010, 12:21 AM
Better start backing your data every few days, another thing I do to back my data, is to back it onto my desktop and copy the data onto my spare mem stick.

To copy data onto another mem stick:
1. Go to the Game column.
2. Go to Saved Data Utility.
3. Find the game save.
4. Press Triangle.
5. Hit copy.
6. Follow the on screen steps to back the data onto another mem stick.

I also saw somewhere on the forums about recovering saved data, but it's been about a month since I last saw it.

ethan110
Oct 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
Pretty irritating. I treat my PSP and memory -so- well and it still happens :l

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to recover it WITHOUT a usb cord. I have a memory stick/SD converter, so I can access the memory stick from there. I -did- back my data up, but it's 5 levels behind and I'd rather not get them again... Mind you, Im on a PSP 1000 with 5.03. I haven't applied any mods.

Any tips? (Sorry to make a topic like this again, but I couldnt find an older one :l)

Thanks in advance.

1> i hope you brought the game
2> what make is your memory stick?

funkyskunk
Oct 22, 2010, 05:50 AM
This happened to me twice, check my post here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182915

Izuna
Oct 22, 2010, 06:05 AM
I also saw somewhere on the forums about recovering saved data, but it's been about a month since I last saw it.

^^; it didn't work!

ethan110
Oct 22, 2010, 06:10 AM
which memory stick do you have corrupt guys?

funkyskunk
Oct 22, 2010, 06:14 AM
Mines a sony 4gb magic gate. The card does not get corrupted, just the save does because the game rarely freezes on me while saving after a network error.

The OP's problem may be different to mine though.

Dana
Oct 22, 2010, 06:39 AM
This reminds me to backup my file again <_<;;

ethan110
Oct 22, 2010, 06:45 AM
Mines a sony 4gb magic gate. The card does not get corrupted, just the save does because the game rarely freezes on me while saving after a network error.

The OP's problem may be different to mine though.

my save have never bin corrupted , sandisk 2gig , sandisk is the fastest i still backup but i have never had a corrupted save file

Chukie sue
Oct 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
I'm using a Sony 4gb memory stick pro duo. And yeah, I bought the game.

I think I'll play on the 32mb card that came with the PSP...

thanks for the replies.

Broken_L_button
Oct 22, 2010, 09:58 AM
Dang, that's sad to hear. Guess it's high time I backed up my data as well...

Saphire089
Oct 29, 2010, 01:10 AM
Better start backing your data every few days, another thing I do to back my data, is to back it onto my desktop and copy the data onto my spare mem stick.

To copy data onto another mem stick:
1. Go to the Game column.
2. Go to Saved Data Utility.
3. Find the game save.
4. Press Triangle.
5. Hit copy.
6. Follow the on screen steps to back the data onto another mem stick.

Possibly stupid question, but will this work for all characters? I have 4 characters. I have a feeling it will, but I just wan tot make sure.

Randomness
Oct 29, 2010, 01:19 AM
Possibly stupid question, but will this work for all characters? I have 4 characters. I have a feeling it will, but I just wan tot make sure.

All 8 slots are stored in a single save file.