PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 english voices

zonron
Oct 22, 2010, 08:58 PM
so i finaly have enough money around to get psp2(saved for like forever >.<)
and i decided to play the demo first, and i noticed something.

i remember playing the jp psp2 and remembered there was alot of voicing in it. but on the demo (psp2 usa) it had only voices for the movie segments.

is my memory just foggy and its remembering stuff that wasn't there to begin with, did the usa version just remove the voices(for money reasons i guess) or did the demo just take out the voices to save space?

thanks for the timely response(heads back over to demo to stair at Chelsea)

Izuna
Oct 22, 2010, 09:09 PM
JPN version had voices all over the place, the USA/EUR version only have voices during FMVs.

zonron
Oct 22, 2010, 09:18 PM
awwwww

Pavichokche
Oct 22, 2010, 10:27 PM
The story is nothing magical, you're not missing much.

Izuna
Oct 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
The story is nothing magical...

Maybe, but Lumia's voice is sexy in the Japanese version.

Sarthraa
Oct 22, 2010, 11:13 PM
The story is nothing magical, you're not missing much.

Eh, it was enough to keep me wanting to play more. Now I just wanna kick the crap outta some enemies! Off to run through Gemaga! ^^; lol

Kurosu
Oct 23, 2010, 05:10 AM
Some say the lack of voicing is a blessing, others think they got shafted. :)
I wonder how much of "the story in this game sucks" that many people feel is actually due to the translation though.
Emilia calling Kraz/Crouch by his name just doesn't seem right..

I thought the story was good enough for this kind of game, and better than some other games I've seen.
The main story line of "saving the world" is fairly standard and there are no fancy plot twists, but the real story is the character development of Emilia.

Izuna
Oct 23, 2010, 05:19 AM
...but the real story is the character development of Emilia.

Emotional Roller Coaster.

8BitGinno
Oct 23, 2010, 05:31 AM
Probably a blessing in disguise.

Sorry Emilia VA, but you're not a cute lil' 16 year old girl.

PinkyMonkey
Oct 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah I did enjoy the voices in the Japanese versions.. except Emilia's.. her's was the only one who made my Japanese wife come over and ask what the hell I was playing>< Still for the overall effect I felt more interested in the characters than I do in the Eng version.. but it is my 2nd time playing through.

SquashDemon
Oct 24, 2010, 03:10 AM
On the subject of the English VA's does anyone know who voiced Kraz and Chelsea?

because they SOUND similar to Travis Touchdown and Sylvia from No More Heroes.

landman
Oct 24, 2010, 03:59 AM
I also hated Yuto's Japanese voice, I think it was as annoying as Emilia's...

GeoSword
Oct 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
On the subject of the English VA's does anyone know who voiced Kraz and Chelsea?

because they SOUND similar to Travis Touchdown and Sylvia from No More Heroes.

Steve Blum for Kraz/Crouch. Did the voice of Spike Spiegel.

blazingsonic
Oct 24, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah I did enjoy the voices in the Japanese versions.. except Emilia's.. her's was the only one who made my Japanese wife come over and ask what the hell I was playing>< Still for the overall effect I felt more interested in the characters than I do in the Eng version.. but it is my 2nd time playing through.

And the Fandom Rejoice!!!!!!

xBladeM6x
Oct 24, 2010, 10:29 AM
Eh, it was enough to keep me wanting to play more. Now I just wanna kick the crap outta some enemies! Off to run through Gemaga! ^^; lol
This. :-P