PDA

View Full Version : Game GOLDEN SUN: Dark Dawn *OUT TOMORROW*

Pirrip
Oct 24, 2010, 12:06 AM
Release date is almost a month away!
Anyone planning on getting it?
Anyone play the first two on Gameboy Advance?
(I did, but I'm going to try to replay them before the new one comes out!)

EDIT: I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED.

FOkyasuta
Oct 24, 2010, 12:10 AM
I Did. And I Say... OMG OMG OMG WHEN?!

Rashiid
Oct 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
I've been waiting for this for perhaps too long.
I can't find the first Golden Sun, but I have the second one. I'd play again, but it's not the same without the extras for importing characters.

Randomness
Oct 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
I didn't get Lost Age when it first came out. Can't find it now.

First was solid. Probably will get.

Pirrip
Oct 24, 2010, 01:38 AM
It's dated for November 29th!
This game is soooo great! I have the GBA player on my old gamecube, so I started a new game on full screen TV... (What a joke... the graphics are really no different.)

HeartBreak301
Oct 24, 2010, 01:44 AM
There are always other ways of playing the GBA titles. But yeah, I'm psyched for this game. I'm gonna put in some extra effort to level my other 4 Lost Age characters to 99 before the release. Probably won't make it.

Oct 24, 2010, 06:48 AM
I played the original 2, and I've been excited about this for a while now.

McLaughlin
Oct 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
Been waiting on this far too long.

Wonder if it'll have any connectivity bonuses with the GBA games.

Pirrip
Oct 24, 2010, 12:45 PM
@ Obsidian Knight:

I do too... I mean, the main characters are the original cast's children, but maybe the parents will leave some djinni or items for their kids? I don't know.

HeartBreak301
Oct 24, 2010, 02:02 PM
They probably won't have any connectivity bonuses seeing as how the new DS's don't have a GBA port.

Volcompat321
Oct 24, 2010, 03:54 PM
This gonna be for the DS?
Cause mine is no longer with us.....

I might have to pick up a new one for this game, cause I loved, beat, and played the shit out of the first two.
Even with my most recent play through less than a year ago! Of both, too.

Kent
Oct 24, 2010, 04:05 PM
If you're out a DS and can stand waiting a few months to play it, you might want to look into just getting a 3DS (assuming you're at all interested in that).

Volcompat321
Oct 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
If you're out a DS and can stand waiting a few months to play it, you might want to look into just getting a 3DS (assuming you're at all interested in that).

I wasn't at first, mainly because of the price....
Cause, you know... $300 is somewhat our of my price range when I'm trying to save up and move!

But eh, I'm sure I can gather up $300 specifically for that in a few months.

OoT turned me onto the 3DS, and OoT only.

Though, I'm sure there will be other interesting games.

Pirrip
Nov 28, 2010, 03:00 AM
This game comes out tomorrow... I am so excited!

Do you think/hope Golden Sun will be a popular franchise one day? I do...

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 04:22 AM
I played the first GS on GBA, didn't even get halfway through but enjoyed it none the less. It kind of gave me the same feelings as PStar II+IV in a way, a bit of a nostalgic throwback with a breath of fresh air feeling in the gameplay. Just 'one of those games' that leaves a good impression on me.

I just searched on youtube & there are quite a few gameplay videos of it. There could be something newer, but hey atleast there's gameplay in this one. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmK-0ALkEs

that dude needs to get his stupid microphone out of the corner of the video. Very unprofessional. Good look at the game.

Volcompat321
Nov 28, 2010, 11:13 AM
I still want it, but I still don't have a DS.... Haha. :(

Maybe I'll get a used DS Lite or something.. Maybe.

Weeaboolits
Nov 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
I'll probably get this out of my next check, I loved the first two, although I never did get around to finishing the first (Lost Age was the first one I played).

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hey Gamespot has a story on Dark Dawn so here's a link if you want to read (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/goldensunds/news.html?sid=6284406) their exclusive interview.

I still want it, but I still don't have a DS.... Haha. :(

Maybe I'll get a used DS Lite or something.. Maybe.

go to Craigslist.org & then find your state+ city. Almost anytime of the month I see someone selling either a DS, PS2/PS3 (with the occasional Wii), or Xbox360 on there. I buy a lot of used games this way. And of course, I sometimes haggle down the prices. It helps having the knowledge of when a scratched disc is a little bad vs. unplayable.

oh yeah, and I Googled 'golden sun site:craigslist.org' (http://tinyurl.com/3x9wqq3
) and sure enough about 280 ads for the game nationwide popped up. Minus a few obvious spam ads.

That trick can be used to search lots of sites within their darker regions, like eBay. Me teh hackz0r LOLz.

Rashiid
Nov 28, 2010, 06:53 PM
I need to get one of the newer DS's. I've been playing my PSP for so long lately that my DS Lite screen looks soo freaking tiny. I guess I'll ask for one as well as this game. Looks sick though.

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
@Rashiid Walmart just had a sale for a DS Lite for $89 (still $40+ less than a DSi with has a crappy camera, lower battery capacity & no GBA slot). Call them & see if maybe they still have them in stock? It apparently was not a door buster sale. But everyone single W* around here sold out of them, so I am S.O.L.

Once the 3DS comes out, i expect a lot of people will want to get their hands on Nintendo.com digital GBA games, so having your own around instantly makes you popular. :)

Ishia
Nov 28, 2010, 07:13 PM
Pirrip came.

Pirrip
Nov 28, 2010, 07:34 PM
Pirrip came.

Don't worry, someone brought me a towel. ^^

McLaughlin
Nov 28, 2010, 07:37 PM
Thank God I only have one class tomorrow.

Rashiid
Nov 28, 2010, 07:54 PM
I actually wanted one of the DSi's, but does the battery suck that much more than a DS Lite's?

Roger Triton
Nov 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
I don't have a comparison of the two, but the DSi does suck more battery power than the DS Lite. By how much? Haven't a clue. Here are some links, i'm sure you can get the answer a lot quicker than me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi

Battery life
The Nintendo DS contains a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 850 mAh. On a full four-hour charge, Nintendo claims the battery lasts a maximum of 10 hours under ideal conditions. Battery life is affected by multiple factors including speaker volume, use of one or both screens, back lighting, and use of wireless connectivity. The biggest effect on battery life is caused by using the backlight, which can be turned off in the main menu screen, or in selected games (such as Super Mario 64 DS). The battery is user-replaceable using only a phillips head screwdriver. After about 500 charges the battery life starts dropping.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DSi-XL-Burgundy-DS/dp/B002I08UWU

DSi battery:

Brightness and volume controls are placed on the left side of the DSi; five brightness settings—one more than the DS Lite—are available. However, the console's battery life is shorter than that of the DS Lite, regardless of which brightness setting is selected; for example, the DSi has a battery life of 9–14 hours on the lowest brightness setting, compared to the 15–19 hours of the DS Lite on the same setting. The handheld uses an 840 mAh internal rechargeable battery, compared to 1000 mAh for the DS Lite, and has a lifespan of approximately 500 charge cycles; after this point, it may be replaced by the user.

Pirrip
Nov 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
I'll just play it with my release date cotton candy pink brick DS--until I get a 3DS, hohoho.

Rashiid
Nov 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah I might as well wait for a 3DS.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 28, 2010, 10:33 PM
ive got a dsi, and this game looks great, though i didnt get a ton of chance to play the first and not at all the second, i might have to hunt down my old brick DS and play them on there.

McLaughlin
Nov 28, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'm thinking about getting another DS Lite. The black one I have has a few dead pixels in the center of the top screen, and my phat DS doesn't really fit in my pocket.

Rashiid
Nov 28, 2010, 11:09 PM
One of the hinges on my DS Lite are broken, so it can't sit up at all. It's either all the way laid back or closed .____________.;

sCI
Nov 29, 2010, 08:22 PM
Hahahah, man I remember when I bought the first one ~ when it came out. Really liked it and the second one at the time. I wonder if I'd still like 'em if I played 'em again. Been a LONG time.

Have to do some investigation.

Would this work on a GBA system? Still have mine somewhere around here.....

Chukie sue
Nov 29, 2010, 08:36 PM
People are ragnig on GFAQs because Golden Sun is beating GTA SA today <_<

Pirrip
Nov 29, 2010, 08:55 PM
People are ragnig on GFAQs because Golden Sun is beating GTA SA today <_<

That's hilarious! XD I'm glad, personally.

Chukie sue
Nov 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
Indeed. "WeabooFAQs" is now what it's being called.

Pirrip
Nov 29, 2010, 10:00 PM
Indeed. "WeabooFAQs" is now what it's being called.

I believe that weeaboos are a good thing...A lot of weeaboo artists I know or follow are pretty damn good... Avatar was a pretty good show in my opinion, too.

I think it's not so bad to be interested in Japanese games. I like both western and eastern made games, but I think its good that westerners can drink the creative juices from an eastern country. ^^

Maybe I should go join their forums.

bns1991
Nov 30, 2010, 08:59 PM
One I saw the trailer at E3 I got really excited because I'm a huge fan of the first two games. My brother got it today, and I know he's probably gonna play all night.