PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Secondhand 'Little Wing' license?

SquashDemon
Oct 24, 2010, 01:22 AM
So, Ol' Squash Finally let go of the glory days and rented PSP 2...

Sad to say, he and his wife actually LIKED the game, Poor old Satan, must be so cold down there right now.

So we bought PSP2 secondhand, forgetting the whole deal with the Little Wing License. Now, the game hasn't shipped yet, so we're still playing our rental, but, since we are purchasing secondhand, we could probably take for granted that the LW has already been used and is therefore useless, So, I've been googling it, (albeit lazily) and not found anything substansial yet. So I figured I'd just ask you guys, is there a way to obtain a new LWL if you bought the game secondhand? If so, does it cost anything?

EDIT: Also, and humor me with this one, You need two different LW's to connect two different PSPs to the server, right?

(I already know the answer I just want someone else to say it)

Mike
Oct 24, 2010, 01:31 AM
So I figured I'd just ask you guys, is there a way to obtain a new LWL if you bought the game secondhand?
Nope.

You need two different LW's to connect two different PSPs to the server, right?
You will need two Little Wing Licenses, two PSN accounts, and two PSPs (dur :p) to connect to two PSPs the official server at the same time. If you're just going to play via adhoc mode, then you don't need to worry about the PSN or licenses.

Allison_W
Oct 24, 2010, 01:35 AM
Sounds like the push to institute the new Little Wing Licenses thing might've had as much to do with locking out used-copy purchasers as it did with locking out pirates. Then again, publishers aren't known for making a distinction between the two.

SquashDemon
Oct 24, 2010, 01:43 AM
Ah, PSN, not a big Sony Gamer so this is my first time hearing about it.

Anywoot, I read in another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182723) there was a LWL that you could buy from the PSN shop, is that only for people who already have LW's and are locked out due to the account security upgrade? Or might I have a sliver of hope?

BIG OLAF
Oct 24, 2010, 01:48 AM

Anywoot, I read in another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182723) there was a LWL that you could buy from the PSN shop, is that only for people who already have LW's and are locked out due to the account security upgrade? Or might I have a sliver of hope?

I'm pretty certain that even people who haven't downloaded a Little Wing License before will still be eligible and able to download one from the PSN store when they become available.

SquashDemon
Oct 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty certain that even people who haven't downloaded a Little Wing License before will still be eligible and able to download one from the PSN store when they become available.
Woo! Your Rico Avatar and post make my wife and I smile, Have an Acorn Squash, They're lonely since Pumpkin is always hogging the spotlight this time of season.

BIG OLAF
Oct 24, 2010, 02:16 AM
Woo! Your Rico Avatar and post make my wife and I smile, Have an Acorn Squash, They're lonely since Pumpkin is always hogging the spotlight this time of season.

I don't like squash. Sorry ^^;. But, I'll take it anyway...?

Ami
Oct 24, 2010, 07:28 AM

From what that particular thread is saying, is that it'll only show up for people who already entered their LW license on their PSN account (regardless if it's the digital verison or the UMD). If you didn't enter it in the first place, you'll still SoL unfortunately. You might have to get a new (new as in holy crap I gotta pay $40+tax for it new)copy if the code is used on the one that's coming in.

kongajinken
Oct 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
Too be honest the most annoying thing about the passcode is when they stop releasing new versions of the game the populace is only going to shrink because of the inability to sign in online.

T_Esquire
Oct 24, 2010, 01:40 PM
I, personally, shan't miss some of those people but, as has been said, not like it's going to stop them from playing on Adhoc Party. An adequate solution, I think, assuming those with CFW can't use the licenses.