PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 EU version playing locally with US or JP version?

spikedogwoof
Oct 24, 2010, 05:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I just got a copy of PSP2 for my Go from the EU Playstation store and I have a friend who is looking at picking up a copy too but his will most likely be the US or NA version of the game.

My question is, if he buys the US/NA version of the game will we be able to play together online and more importantly locally over adhoc?

Has anyone tried this or have any experience that says if it will/wont work?

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Kenbog
Oct 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
the EU and US versions are exact the same game, so no problem playing together there
The JP version might be compatible with adhoc but it might give some problems, with the different drop rates and such, Online multiplayer isn't possible with a JP version on the EU/US servers tho.

spikedogwoof
Oct 24, 2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the help Kenbog,

That was what I was hoping to hear but just out of interest, have you tried it yourself? I'm just curious if anyone has actually done this.

You mention online though, so do the EU and US players share the same servers online? (I haven't yet got to the online side of things with PSP2 yet)

Kenbog
Oct 24, 2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the help Kenbog,

That was what I was hoping to hear but just out of interest, have you tried it yourself? I'm just curious if anyone has actually done this.

You mention online though, so do the EU and US players share the same servers online? (I haven't yet got to the online side of things with PSP2 yet)

About the adhoc with US and JP version I haven't tried that with PSPO2 yet but it works fine with other games like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Zero (to name a few of the same gerne).

US and EU share the same servers indeed.

Malice913150
Oct 24, 2010, 10:11 AM
keep in mind though, i had gotten my gf a copy of psp1 eu unintentionally and when i got her a copy of psp2 US, her save couldnt be transferred over. its a small gripe i guess but my fault for not noticing in the first place lol

Typestatic
Oct 24, 2010, 11:10 PM
PSP2 US/EU not compatible with PSP2 JP and vice versa via ad-hoc, tested~