PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Any way to improve connection?

Darki
Oct 24, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hi there. I've come back recently to the JP game after a loooong break for summer vacations, and I doidn't remember how f**king annoying was the ability of the server to kick me out ALWAYS in nice moments, like when I'm about to kill the last Bil de vear of the event mission. -.-

Well, I remember from playing other games in it's home country server (i.e. Ragnarök Online at the Korean server) that there were some programs that were used to smooth the connexion, like clearing some bandwidth or using a proxy, but I don't know if there's a way to do this for PSU.

I'm really pissed because my connection is very good, I download stuff at some MBs speed and stuff and it should be perfect for PSU but the game keeps getting disconnected in the best parts... (I suspect it has something to do with the volume of data coming, it never crashes when I'm in my room sitting for hours doing nothing. :/)

So, anybody knows any way to make the server connection a bit sytonger, or at least stable, even if it gets a bit laggy? I prefer being laggy than being out of every mission I start, seriously I'm even getting short of MP because of this. :/

HienkyakuX
Oct 24, 2010, 03:35 PM
hmm only few things maybe will be to avoid uni1 at rush times and don't download stuff during play time. maybe it's the mission aswell I think most of my dc during this event were on theta.

Darki
Oct 24, 2010, 04:53 PM
I don't download anything while playing, but I guess the Uni 1 might be the cause. Anyways I was playing a few hours ago and there was just 1 star or so, and it went off twice, one at the start and one at the end.

It might be the mission, too, but I went d/c once just doing some lobby chat. I guess I'll start avoiding the damn Uni 1, anyways, is not like the japanese players are very sociable...

str898mustang
Oct 24, 2010, 08:06 PM
I don't download anything while playing, but I guess the Uni 1 might be the cause. Anyways I was playing a few hours ago and there was just 1 star or so, and it went off twice, one at the start and one at the end.

It might be the mission, too, but I went d/c once just doing some lobby chat. I guess I'll start avoiding the damn Uni 1, anyways, is not like the japanese players are very sociable...

where u live ia big factor. Also check ur ping.

Darki
Oct 25, 2010, 03:43 AM
I live in Spain, so I guess we can say I live at the other side of the damned planet. But I have many spanish friends who play and they get lagged but no d/c every 20 minutes... How do I check the ping?

HienkyakuX
Oct 25, 2010, 03:51 AM
I live in Spain, so I guess we can say I live at the other side of the damned planet. But I have many spanish friends who play and they get lagged but no d/c every 20 minutes... How do I check the ping?

www.speedtest.net on the map select japan.

Darki
Oct 25, 2010, 05:24 AM
It gives me 2.02 mb/s download, 0.46 mb/s upload and 356 ms ping... Is that bad then?

MillyB
Oct 25, 2010, 05:54 AM
move closer to the servers

str898mustang
Oct 25, 2010, 06:06 AM
best way to check ur ping is go to ur command prompt (start->programs->accessories->command prompt)

then type ping www.phantasystaruniverse.jp

My ping is around 180-185'ish.

Darki
Oct 25, 2010, 07:47 AM
move closer to the servers

Buy me an apartment and you've got a deal.

TenebriS
Oct 25, 2010, 08:38 AM
Lets start a donation drive :D

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
DARKI NEEDS YOUE HELP TO MOVE TO JAPAN. TAKE THE CHANCE AND MAKE THE DARKI HAPPY BY DONATING MONEY TO HIM!
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Darki
Oct 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mindfucks appart, I got friends who don't d/c so much. I know there are programs for allowing better connection on servers... Like letting some room disabling other programs that might be using the connection. Is there something like this for PSU?

str898mustang
Oct 25, 2010, 07:32 PM
Mindfucks appart, I got friends who don't d/c so much. I know there are programs for allowing better connection on servers... Like letting some room disabling other programs that might be using the connection. Is there something like this for PSU?

check ur task manager, check those programs and look at the bottom right corner and check those.

U've cleaned ur PC of spyware and viruses right?

MillyB
Oct 25, 2010, 08:50 PM
My opinion still stands.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 27, 2010, 03:34 AM
just thought id say this, if you research how to upgrade your firmware on your modem, (if you don't know that is),

do that because i upgraded the firmware and i used to get disconnected alot. now not at all. :)

It may work but be careful with upgrading your firmware as your modem may fail..just be sure you have the correct driver file...double check...happy gaming :)