PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 party experience

chapterx
Oct 25, 2010, 11:09 AM
are there any advantages for going through open missions alone, means without npc-party? am i getting more exp for example?

Pavichokche
Oct 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
You will do more damage from chains if you're soloing. Check out the formula:

1 Person Party: Damage Bonus = 200% + 12.5% x (Chain# - 1)
2-4 Person Party: Damage Bonus = 200% + 7.5% x (Chain# -1)

(taken from PSUpedia)

chapterx
Oct 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
thx.
is there any influence on drop rate or something?

hyjin
Oct 25, 2010, 11:43 AM
no drop rate is influenced by your class (ex: hunter kills polty at A rank mission he gets papillon dance)

Pavichokche
Oct 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
I don't believe you'll be earning more type points, since (according to PSUpedia) every open missions rewards a fixed amount depending on the rank.

Similarly, every monster gives out a fixed amount depending on it's level. However this may not be the case...

But you can easily test this and find out. Do a run with some NPCs and see how much EXP and type points you get. Then do the same run by yourself and pay attention to the numbers. I'm pretty sure that it's the same...

Eclipsed57
Oct 26, 2010, 12:48 AM
its pretty much always worth it to run with NPCs just because they serve as distractions so you dont get completely surrounded and overwhelmed. the bonus to chain damage is not worth it

Silverheart
Oct 26, 2010, 02:31 AM
Running alone will net you a bit more exp since you'll be doing all the killing blows, as for mission points or drops however those are the same. Running alone is only really necessary when you're doing client missions that require you to kill things like bosses since you have to land the killing blow for it to count.