PDA

View Full Version : Woah what is going on today? (online glitches)

funkyskunk
Oct 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm getting some complete randomness online today. First I join a room and everything seems fine then the leader starts the mission and the icons next to each of the players show that they are in the shops yet they are all losing hp and obviously fighting. When the mission started it showed "Starting mission %s" which is obviously part of the coding (%s should be replaced with the string for the mission name). So currently a little confused, I click start mission and my screen goes black and loads my character on a black background and nothing else with the clad 6 music playing like I am still at the shop area (should have took a screenshot really).

Next I join a different game and we run overplains lord A. At the end of the mission the leader runs off as I am collecting one of the gold badges and of course it starts to warp me back to clad 6. Then, to my amazement, I appear in the little wing office next to kraz's desk :-o wtf something just is not right here.

So, after a PSP reboot, I continue to join rooms to see what is going on. The very next room I join just loads a black screen but I can see the names down the left and I can see everyone talking and I can even respond. Best leave this room as well.

The next room I join seems fairly normal, but by now I am a but paranoid so I warn the leader that my game is bugging out a bit. So we run overplain lord A again but just the 2 of us. I can see chains coming from this guy wherever I look, it's like he is fighting in the far distance but really he is right next to me. We fight a few more spawns then suddenly he is killing enemies I can't even see :-? This continued for the next couple of spawns until I decided I need to leave and try and sort this out.

Has anyone come across this before? Have I been hacked (I doubt it)? Are the servers having some issues while the fixes are put in place?

I'm playing the EU version and this only seems to be happening online, anyone else getting this?

Edit: Actually, this seems to be offline aswell. Maybe my MS is about to die :/

Pavichokche
Oct 26, 2010, 12:12 PM
Wow, this sounds like a major glitch !!! Err...a series of major glitches...

Do back up your save file, just in case your MS is fu*ked

pso_crash
Oct 26, 2010, 12:29 PM
If it is only happening online it is probably not your MS. You may want to try sitting closer to your router when playing, resetting you router, reconfiguring your wifi connection between your PSP and your router, or even checking to see if your router has a firewall that may cause interference with your connection.

Scau-Demon
Oct 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
It's the internet appocolypse!!! Y2K happened 10 years, 10 months, and 26 days late!
Nah, your internet connection is probably to blame...

funkyskunk
Oct 26, 2010, 01:39 PM
It was my MS, I dug out my UMD and that worked perfectly. I just purchased a proper legit magic gate MS (mine seems to be fake) and it should be here in a few days.

I tried offline for a bit longer and it was happening there too which drove me to this. Set spawns only spawning one enemy instead of 3 and after killing them the room just stayed empty for about 10 mins. Quite funny really, just a shame its taken me a couple of hours of my grinding time to get to the bottom of it.

pso_crash
Oct 26, 2010, 01:45 PM
Sorry about your MS, but Happy to heat you found a fix.