PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Bullets: Power vs Hit

frankiezz
Oct 27, 2010, 07:57 AM
Which would you prefer, a power bullet or a hit bullet? (Same level)

Magician
Oct 27, 2010, 08:58 AM
If you're a cast, it doesn't matter. Any other race, hit.

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2010, 09:03 AM
My preference for this changes on a few factors. Hit is great for going against enemies that are suitably leveled for you, or higher level. Once your ability to hit monsters gets easy, or you're going through a time where you're beating down on low-ranked easy-to-hit enemies, try power on for size. There might be a little alteration based on weapon as some have a much higher boost on accuracy than other weapons. Including specific weapons of specific manufacturers that already have way boosted ACC stats for them, which allow one to make decisions on whether they want to put power on those, instead.

Hit doesn't seem to factor much in the damage aspect of ACC, more so the ability to counter the mob's evade stat. Power does seem to do more damage.

FarenKar
Oct 27, 2010, 09:08 AM
Use save bullets. You take a hit to your initial damage output, but with some guns you literally regenerate PP faster than you spend it, so you can just keep firing.

Ami
Oct 27, 2010, 09:11 AM
Long-range, because that's all I use my range weapons for :<

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2010, 09:17 AM
They all have pretty good uses. And also depending on the weapon. I often mix my weapons like so. However, for quite a few bosses, it's all about Long Range and having the unfair advantage. But that's just my preference.

FarenKar
Oct 27, 2010, 10:28 AM
They all have pretty good uses. And also depending on the weapon. I often mix my weapons like so. However, for quite a few bosses, it's all about Long Range and having the unfair advantage. But that's just my preference.

That's pretty much what I tend to do with some weapons. Rifles and Laser Cannons get long range, Grenades and Shotguns get Power, and my twin handguns, which I use the most by far (Unless I'm being cheap with grenades or distance,) get save, where I can pour out an essentially endles stream of damage with them.

Still, for the most versatility, I find Save shot tends to be more useable.

TheAstarion
Oct 27, 2010, 11:38 AM
Save or Hit for twinguns, cards and crossbows

Maga for shotgun

Long range for laser cannon

that's all the guns I use. Grew out of grenade launchers when one-charge kills were no longer possible and it turned me into a tornoobo spammer at long range. Rifles are intensely boring for the most part (though good for de rol falz), bows are rifles but worse.